Lippi, to go , to stay? (1 Viewer)

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Who said we're not going to win Serie A this year? We're not that far behind Milan, could even be down to 3 points after Sunday. There's plenty of games to go. I know Milan don't look like slipping up but you never know.

Giving players first team chances isn't the only way of telling if they are good enough, there is training, youth team matches etc. Obviously that is no substitute for Serie A but if a player is good enough then Lippi will be the first to know about it, his potential can be judged through a variety of different means, not just first team action - that is where the potential is eventually realised.

You don't honestly think we have a youth team full of players who need a first team chance for Juve to find out just how good they are? If they are good enough Lippi will know (with some kids they'll know from a very young age - I heard of Michael Owen's potential when he was 12!) and start introducing them to first team action.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Juve know way better than this.

They know what is good for them and what is not. All talk of a revolution starting with the coach is just the fickle imagination of the media.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
To stay
Lippi
Buffon
Thuram
Zambrota
Tacchinardi
Nedved
De Vaio
Del Piero
Miccollli
Camoranesi
Maresca

To take a long rest:
Conte
Ferrara
Montero

To Leave:
Legro
Iuliano
Appiah
Trezeguet

I dont remember tha rest

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
To stay
Lippi
Buffon
Thuram
Zambrota
Tacchinardi
Nedved
De Vaio
Del Piero
Miccollli
Camoranesi
Maresca

To take a long rest:
Conte
Ferrara
Montero

To Leave:
Legro
Iuliano
Appiah
Trezeguet

I dont remember tha rest

Appiah trezeguet and legro? i think they should all stay! appiah is doing well why should he leave? he is far better than tachi is! he is young! he has a good long shot!
you can't blame our terrible defensive season on legro! he should stay and be given another chance! and trezeguet! for gods sake! the man is a goal machine!!!

i don't see anyone in our team scoring goals as much as he does! the guy should be untouchable!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I dont think we can hold anyone responsible for our current situation, the way it stands.

This unit is still deadly. And we must keep faith in a coach like Lippi, whose turned in the performances, year in and year out.
There is no doubting his abilities or mentality as a coach.

One good transfer season is all we need, and we'll be back where we belong.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
I believe that Lippi has to go....

I think his time at Juve has come to an end. I thank him for all the victories and great moments that he gave Juve´s fans, but everything has an end. Time to let other coaches with modern views take over...

Juventus season was pretty pathetic. We have no game. We base our games just in the indivdualities of some of our Stars and that it can't be possible. Against Deportivo we looked horrible, not to mention against Milan and yesterday against Lazio and also in general along almost all the season.

I would personally give a chance to Del Neri a coach that has an offensive view of football, that is not scared to put youngsters and that always make his team play a nice offensive football to watch. I personally think that would be a good choice, just like Lippi was when we got him from Naples...

As for the players I would get rid of this players that for me has nothing to give more to Juve, like:

Conte ( can't believe he still playing)

Del Piero ( same ol' story...get the money and invest in someone more incisive, Del Piero is done)

Di Vaio ( he misses too many goals even the ones that a non professional would score)

Nedved ( great player no doubt but I think that he will never be like last year we shoudl get money from him and invest in another one)

Thuram ( same story like Nedved)

Trezeguet ( here I have my doubts...I think is the best finisher in the world, but the whole team has play for him...which is not good if Del Neri would coach Juventus I think we should keep him since he would benefit of the wings work that Del Neri implements in his teams)

Pessotto ( no comments)

Montero ( as soon as possible!)

Tudor ( He had the potential no doubt, but injuries and his irregular form made him only a promise youngster. Two options: either sell him or loan him away and see if he can get back his form)

Appiah ( dunno here I think we should give him a second chance)

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
The man is a genious but he needs to be reassesd by the board

their is no excuse for feilding an understrength side
in the only final we have a realistic chance of winning

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
To stay
Lippi
Buffon
Thuram
Zambrota
Tacchinardi
Nedved
De Vaio
Del Piero
Miccollli
Camoranesi
Maresca

To take a long rest:
Conte
Ferrara
Montero

To Leave:
Legro
Iuliano
Appiah
Trezeguet

I dont remember tha rest
i agree

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
To stay
Lippi
Buffon
Thuram
Zambrota
Tacchinardi
Nedved
De Vaio
Del Piero
Miccollli
Camoranesi
Maresca

To take a long rest:
Conte
Ferrara
Montero

To Leave:
Legro
Iuliano
Appiah
Trezeguet

I dont remember tha rest

i agree, but di vaio MUST go!

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
My list of those that should go

Tachi -(poor ball control skills, always play horizontal/side and back passes. Guys like ambrosini on milan bench r much better than this guy)

Del Piero (No matter what guys in this forum say, this guy is our weakest link. He had a lot of promise but didn't fulfill. Had i my way i would have cut his salary to keep davids who was a true warrior)

Trez( I wouldn't if we sell him. He plays crap in CL final and accuses lippi of being defensive. Also never participate much in play of team. replacement: Zlatan)

Di Vaio( I dont know. He played much better when DP was in injury.Remember his cracker against milan? But nowadays i don't think he's trying hard. But we can keep him)

Conte (old)

Montero(old and now more reckless)

Ferrara(old, but he was 1 of the best defenders last year. He can read the game)

Iuliano( cant understand why he's still at juve , no class)

List of not sure

Appiah(same opinion as Sparty's.)

Pessoto(even though he's old, he can be useful as a stop gap.)

Camo(I feel he's not giving his best)

Lippi should stay as long as he wishes. he's the best and again we should no buy a whole new team that would a year or 2 to gel.

Davids' leaving to barca was a massive loss. He went with his winning spirit to Barca(Dont be suprised if they win la liga this year)

my 2 cents

"When I was a young man and learning to be a manager, I didn't have much money. So I signed up for the class where they taught you how to finish top five years out of eight. Had I been richer of course, I'd have taken the one where they explain how to win every year without fail..." -Lippi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)