Lippi set for Italy job (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Lippi set for Italy job
Wednesday 23 June, 2004

Marcello Lippi is expected to replace Giovanni Trapattoni as the new Italian national boss on Friday.

The former Juventus Coach, who quit the Delle Alpi club in May, is set to sign a two-year contract.

Trap will leave the post after four years in charge following the Azzurri’s early elimination from Euro 2004.

Reports suggest that talks have already taken place with Lippi even if financial terms still have to be agreed.

The tactician is willing to accept less than he was on at Juventus but he does want more than the £600,000 a year that Trap netted.

Lippi’s first game in charge should be a friendly against Iceland on August 18. His competitive debut will be in a World Cup qualifier versus Norway on September 4.

The Italian Football Federation will hold a meeting on Friday where an announcement is set to be made.

FIGC President Franco Carraro is also set to hand in his resignation but that should be rejected by the board.

That is because he’s already stated that he doesn’t intend to stand for re-election later this year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
If he is planning on bringing the usual bunch of over-rated primadonna's then he is not someone I want. I hope he doesn't let his Juventus days get in the way of selection. Any fool could realize that Pirlo-Cassano are the future of that squad.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
If he is planning on bringing the usual bunch of over-rated primadonna's then he is not someone I want. I hope he doesn't let his Juventus days get in the way of selection. Any fool could realize that Pirlo-Cassano are the future of that squad.

you mean any fool except trappattoni

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I think Lippi is professional enough not to let his love for juve get in the way of his selction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)