LIPPI OR CAPELLO (4 Viewers)

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
Lippi!Lippi!Lippi! For his tactics and charisma!
Capello is an old stobburn man with no sharm and charisma. Imagine him a monday morning.yaaack:)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
ZAF3000 said:
During the Sir Lippis years, the worst season of his was the last, 03-04. I wont blame him for it because it was obvious that our team was waaaaaay off form whether with injuries or others. Even the players admitted that the year after. I beleive that without Sir Lippi that season we wouldn't have been able to be 3rd in the serie A. We had a very good squad if you want to exclude the deffense. Legro played well @ Cheivo and we were all looking forward for his performance with us. Unfortunately he never lived up to our expectations. Ferrara was old and so was Montero. Tudor played his worst season ever. Our offesne used to score 3-4 goals a match and we used to concede as much as them. All that we needed was a proper CB to manage the deffense.
In the midfield, we bought Appiah who started off the season in great performance. Then suddenly dropped so bad. He did not deliver proper football till his last days with Juve last season (last 1/4 of the season). Nedved was mentally fucked for some reason. Del Piero was injured most of the season and Divaio couldn't really understand who the offside work.
Juventus at that time did not have the current finance. In fact, during his last months Dr. Agnelli asked Lippi not to think about expensive players and try to make use of his youth.
Never the less, we managed to finish 3rd in the scudetto race and 2nd in Coppa italia.
Capello came and he bought Zlatan for quite an amount, bought Cannavaro as well one a very good deal. Fine, so did lippi when he came. But then last summer we also managed to spend money on players that Capello wants, i.e. Vieira. Capello is lucky that we managed to capture players for free like Kovac and Mutu. Great quality players.
Personally, the way Sir Lippi plays appeals to me soo much. Capello is a great coach though. I am happy with him managing our team, my only complain is that we are not creative as we can be. We are SOLID. VERY SOLID, but not as creative as we should be.

End, I prefer Sir Lippi.

Great post!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Buffon

Thuram - Ferrara - Montero - Tudor

Zambrotta - Tacchinardi - Davids

Nedved

Trezeguet - Del Piero

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Emerson - Vieira - Nedved

Trezeguet - Ibrahimovic

There is no question Capello has the better squad between the two managers, as during Lippi's last few years he had a weaker and aging defense while Fabio has two defenders who are still in their early 30's and not late 30's. No matter what you say Lippi's midfield of Tacchinardi, an aging Davids, Zambrotta or Camoranesi, and Nedved is weaker than the new Capello midfield with Vieira and Emerson centrally with a more experianced Camoranesi on the wing. Up top Lippi always had to stick with Trezeguet and Del Piero in his latter years at this club while Capello has a glut of players including those and now Mutu and Ibrahimovic. If you compare these two managers over the last decade its quite obvious who has the first team...Capello has the better first team and you must admit that.

And if you compare the Lippi sides of the 90's, players such as Di Livio, Conte, injured Deschamps, Carrera, Iuliano, etc are not as good as Camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Cannavaro, and Thuram. Lippi was able to guide us to four Champions League Finals and I doubt Capello will even guide us to one. LIPPI all the way as far as I'm concerned.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Maresca said:
LIPPI is a LEGEND..

if he had the same squad as capello have now, we were gonna rule the world
Capello is the reason for that squad,that the thing that 90% of the people here cant understand.Cap. personality is the reason that Moggi started to shake it a little! FORZA CAPELLO!

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Andy said:
Buffon

Thuram - Ferrara - Montero - Tudor

Zambrotta - Tacchinardi - Davids

Nedved

Trezeguet - Del Piero

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Emerson - Vieira - Nedved

Trezeguet - Ibrahimovic

There is no question Capello has the better squad between the two managers, as during Lippi's last few years he had a weaker and aging defense while Fabio has two defenders who are still in their early 30's and not late 30's. No matter what you say Lippi's midfield of Tacchinardi, an aging Davids, Zambrotta or Camoranesi, and Nedved is weaker than the new Capello midfield with Vieira and Emerson centrally with a more experianced Camoranesi on the wing. Up top Lippi always had to stick with Trezeguet and Del Piero in his latter years at this club while Capello has a glut of players including those and now Mutu and Ibrahimovic. If you compare these two managers over the last decade its quite obvious who has the first team...Capello has the better first team and you must admit that.

And if you compare the Lippi sides of the 90's, players such as Di Livio, Conte, injured Deschamps, Carrera, Iuliano, etc are not as good as Camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Cannavaro, and Thuram. Lippi was able to guide us to four Champions League Finals and I doubt Capello will even guide us to one. LIPPI all the way as far as I'm concerned.
Again.Cap. is the reason that we have this squad.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
THE CHAMPIONS said:
Capello is the reason for that squad,that the thing that 90% of the people here cant understand.Cap. personality is the reason that Moggi started to shake it a little! FORZA CAPELLO!
This means that Capello can't work with any players at his disposal, he has to choose players with a higher capacity and rely on their individual talent rather than get the best out of them.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
if it wasn't for capello we probably wouldn't have zlatan, trezeeguet, emerson ......all very important players, and i just love the way capello screwed over as roma, hehe, he fvucked em bad by taking emerson :)

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Jeeks said:
This means that Capello can't work with any players at his disposal, he has to choose players with a higher capacity and rely on their individual talent rather than get the best out of them.
Believe me it is not that simple to win trophies even when u have 11 world class players at ur disposal,just lookk at MARID man,& thats why Madrid dont mind to spend 6.5 millions euro to Cap. per year (according to Reports).Anyway I will never forget the first season with Cap. with Roma,the moment he came on,he told Sensi i guess that he wants Batistuta & emerson to get the Scudetto & amainsgly he did it with CLASS!Lippi was our coach for how many years & he never had 11 world class players though he took it all & thats why he is one of the greatest ever & here comes Cap. in his 2nd year he has 11 word class & he took 2 scudettos in 2 years & he is searching now for The CL! people here always speak with their emotions & I speak with my mind & thats why my opinions disagree with 90% of the people here!

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Il Re said:
if it wasn't for capello we probably wouldn't have zlatan, trezeeguet, emerson ......all very important players, and i just love the way capello screwed over as roma, hehe, he fvucked em bad by taking emerson :)
Trezeguet was already there but he brought the KING(CANNAVARO) & thats the best transfer ever made in Italy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)