LIPPI OR CAPELLO (2 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Lippi was at Juventus for what? like a decade? Capello's been here for what? One Season?

Lets compare when its comparable, period wise.

Lippi had many success but Capello is not behind in pace.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
- vOnAm - said:
Lippi was at Juventus for what? like a decade? Capello's been here for what? One Season?

Lets compare when its comparable, period wise.

Lippi had many success but Capello is not behind in pace.
capello wont stay here for that long

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
THE CHAMPIONS said:
Hey man I agrre on most of the things u said but as for THE champions Cap took it with Milam & he reached the Final against Marseille & he played a great game but lost & there r rumours that Marseiile players took drugs before the game.
Some games he is really unlucky but for some finals, his complacency costed him. His European history hasn't been too glamouring in the recent years as times have changed. It is time to use different tactics

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's unfair to Lippi, to even suggest such a comparison. Lippi has Juventus in his DNA. Capello on the other hand, is an obdurate entrepreneur, moving from one destination to the next. The fact of the matter is, even where figures compare, Lippi will always be ahead, because he spent almost a decade here, won 5 scudetti, made 4 CL finals and did his bit in the Italian and Intercontinental cups. Capello, is limited in his approach, which is why he needs to move from team to team. His tactics are predictable, and he is sorted out over a period of time. So its in his best interest to move within a certain time frame or after particular phases. Forget 10 years, he's not even built for 5 at a club like Juventus, because all the success he can possibly muster up will come over the short run, thanks to his philosophy of acquiring world class names. As far as I'm concerned, its not only about who Lippi is, its about what he represents.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
i think capello is better than lippi what did lippi win in his first season after taking over ancelotti was scudetto and pre quaterfinal loss in ucl and capello also won the scudetto and quaterfinal loss in ucl and managed to get the best of camo cannavaro dp and most important thing convinced trezigol to stay when he was certain to leave juve

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
During the Sir Lippis years, the worst season of his was the last, 03-04. I wont blame him for it because it was obvious that our team was waaaaaay off form whether with injuries or others. Even the players admitted that the year after. I beleive that without Sir Lippi that season we wouldn't have been able to be 3rd in the serie A. We had a very good squad if you want to exclude the deffense. Legro played well @ Cheivo and we were all looking forward for his performance with us. Unfortunately he never lived up to our expectations. Ferrara was old and so was Montero. Tudor played his worst season ever. Our offesne used to score 3-4 goals a match and we used to concede as much as them. All that we needed was a proper CB to manage the deffense.
In the midfield, we bought Appiah who started off the season in great performance. Then suddenly dropped so bad. He did not deliver proper football till his last days with Juve last season (last 1/4 of the season). Nedved was mentally fucked for some reason. Del Piero was injured most of the season and Divaio couldn't really understand who the offside work.
Juventus at that time did not have the current finance. In fact, during his last months Dr. Agnelli asked Lippi not to think about expensive players and try to make use of his youth.
Never the less, we managed to finish 3rd in the scudetto race and 2nd in Coppa italia.
Capello came and he bought Zlatan for quite an amount, bought Cannavaro as well one a very good deal. Fine, so did lippi when he came. But then last summer we also managed to spend money on players that Capello wants, i.e. Vieira. Capello is lucky that we managed to capture players for free like Kovac and Mutu. Great quality players.
Personally, the way Sir Lippi plays appeals to me soo much. Capello is a great coach though. I am happy with him managing our team, my only complain is that we are not creative as we can be. We are SOLID. VERY SOLID, but not as creative as we should be.

End, I prefer Sir Lippi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)