LIPPI OR CAPELLO (4 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I like Cap but comparing him as a Juventus coach to Lippi is not fair, after just a year and a half, though it's been a successful period of time. Both are class though, and I would not like to see half ass coaches (that were legendary players), Vialli, Deschamps etc, in Cap's place.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
two great coaches....capello is far more defensive, and this is shown in teh players and style of game he has brought to the club.

Lippi's team of the 90s was creative and a lot more attractive to watch.

If Capello can win the same amount of trophies for juve as lippi did, i would be happy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Let's just look at it this way:

Juventus-Real Madrid 2003 was Lippi's work
Juventus-Real Madrid 2005 was Capello's work,

I know which one I prefer.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Lippi vs Capello? not a fair comparison. Most will prefer Lippi(myself included), but his time was simply up. He could not get the best out of this team anymore, regardless of Capello getting some majour transfers in, shortly after he was chosen. To somewhat quote the wise Costacurta, " coaches only can stay at a club for only so many years, ". Capello might be overrated, but his aquisition was a great move. There are few with a tendency of winning as he has, with even fewer available.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
Dominic said:
Lippi vs Capello? not a fair comparison. Most will prefer Lippi(myself included), but his time was simply up. He could not get the best out of this team anymore, regardless of Capello getting some majour transfers in, shortly after he was chosen. To somewhat quote the wise Costacurta, " coaches only can stay at a club for only so many years, ". Capello might be overrated, but his aquisition was a great move. There are few who with a tendency of winning as he has, with even fewer available.
:agree:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Lippi is the better manager IMO. I don't really feel like going deep into this atm so I'll just leave it at that.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Dominic said:
Lippi vs Capello? not a fair comparison. Most will prefer Lippi(myself included), but his time was simply up. He could not get the best out of this team anymore, regardless of Capello getting some majour transfers in, shortly after he was chosen. To somewhat quote the wise Costacurta, " coaches only can stay at a club for only so many years, ". Capello might be overrated, but his aquisition was a great move. There are few with a tendency of winning as he has, with even fewer available.
100% agreed.

We all loved Lippi, but it was time to move on for him.

And Cappello is the greatest replacement. His adaptation time was 7 minutes. Park his car, find his way to his office, the lockers and the training ground and voilà, adaptation is over!

:)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Not to say that Capello is an overrated coach, but I would say that he deserves to be in the top 5 coaches in the world but definitely not the best around. His tactical game plan may not be up to par, but he is a great defensive coach. Sure some people like Montella and Dellas will complain, but he makes the Chivu-Samuel partnership a success and purchased Emerson and Cannavaro to make Juventus strong defensively. His ability to control Cassano's behaviour and Zlatan's ego is also something hard IMO. Capello does deserve some of the contribution.

His success have been highlighted in Serie A as well, even though in CL it is a different story. So I would say that Capello will definitely bring us more scedutto, but for the CL, it still leaves a lot for Capello and co to be desired, especially in terms of flexibility.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
ZhiXin said:
Not to say that Capello is an overrated coach, but I would say that he deserves to be in the top 5 coaches in the world but definitely not the best around. His tactical game plan may not be up to par, but he is a great defensive coach. Sure some people like Montella and Dellas will complain, but he makes the Chivu-Samuel partnership a success and purchased Emerson and Cannavaro to make Juventus strong defensively. His ability to control Cassano's behaviour and Zlatan's ego is also something hard IMO. Capello does deserve some of the contribution.

His success have been highlighted in Serie A as well, even though in CL it is a different story. So I would say that Capello will definitely bring us more scedutto, but for the CL, it still leaves a lot for Capello and co to be desired, especially in terms of flexibility.
Hey man I agrre on most of the things u said but as for THE champions Cap took it with Milam & he reached the Final against Marseille & he played a great game but lost & there r rumours that Marseiile players took drugs before the game.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Alfio_87 said:
i think capello is a more complete coach than lippi..but as a man i like lippi betta
me too man but I also think that Lippi that Lippi's team played better football but Cap one is all about winning & that pleases me more than good football & I think that Cap wont stay a year in Juve without getting trophies. FORZA CAP FORZA LIPPI FORZA JUVE FORA AZURI

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Breathtakingly frivolous...

Lippi was a great coach and we all love him, but for christ's sake, let Capello do his job. You can't compare two legends, that's unfair to both of them.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Mmmm..

I agree to a certain degree that to say that Lippi had a crap squad is not an excuse but, lets be sincere.... the squad that made it to the final 2003, was a very weak squad, not on paper, but in the field.

I dont like to accept it, but in that time we were lucky to have an explosive nedved who basically carried the team to the final. In that time we REALLY played a boring defensive footbal. But who could blame lippi? apart from nedved, our midfield was just not good enuff,and that was proved in the final.

Lippi also had one issue, and that was to field Del Piero in every single game. Ima fan of del pieor myself, but when things are not going well, u need to try new things. I know that Miccoli and divaio were not superb, but there were times when DP was an ass and those 2 guys were benched mercylessly by Lippi.

Now, the exact same situation in happenign with DP(benched by ibra) now, luckily for capello, the juventus team of this last season is very balanced on the defensive and in the midfield.

Its true, time will tell, but if i have to take one,, it would be the Lippi era of the late 90´s.

Capello needs more time to prove tho.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
axlrose85 said:
ive always wondered why ppl make a big deal about montella being unhappy with capello.afterall,it was under capello that montella got picked for the 2002 world cup.
Not saying that we r making a big deal out of Montella, but it was actually Montella complaining about not being selected many times which almost lead to him joining Juventus. This does state something about the 2 people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)