Lippi opens door to Pippo :eek: (2 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Italy boss Marcello Lippi has opened the door for Pippo Inzaghi to return to the Italy squad in time for the World Cup.

“I must compliment Pippo for his character and his talents as a football player,” confirmed the Coach. “He proved remarkable strength and will-power to recover after such a long time.”

The Milan striker was sidelined for almost two years, requiring two ankle operations and surgery for a fractured hand, but is finally back to full fitness.

“It isn’t easy to sit in the stands for such a long time and I hadn’t spoken to him since the last operation on his ankle. His teammates in the Italy squad have always praised Inzaghi and he is well loved by his colleagues.”

His recovery could come in time to earn a place in the 2006 World Cup squad, even though he hasn’t worn the Azzurri jersey since October 11 2003.

The former Juve man bagged a brace in that 4-0 defeat of Azerbaijan under Giovanni Trapattoni’s guidance, taking his international tally to 24 goals in 62 appearances.

“I am giving everything I’ve got and will continue to do so, because I want to do well with Milan and Italy,” replied Inzaghi. “When I hear the national anthem and wear the Azzurri jersey, it is always a remarkable feeling.”

However, the 32-year-old faces stiff competition for places in Germany, with Alessandro Del Piero, Roma outcast Antonio Cassano, Udinese’s Vincenzo Iaquinta and Milan teammate Christian Vieri pushing to make the squad.

“Italy have a great selection of players at the moment. I hope to play in the World Cup, but we mustn’t rush matters. We’ll wait and see what happens.”

channel4

------
:angry: :wth:

I thought this guy wount play singel match for italy anymore......wth is lippi thinking, do we need someone who worms the bench. This guy is injured so often. He is attacking and scores good goals, but his so often injured, we have toni, gila, dp, take cassano, someone more, but not him, he just wastes someone else chanse as his so often injured......whats that lippi? Vieri, and now pippo???

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
At least Baggio could still score and stay relatively healthy by the time he did his farewell NT tour. :rolleyes2

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven said:
I'd love to see Pippo there if he wouldn't be there instead of Del Piero.
Why would he interfere with DP's position? I think both can be in the team, Toni, Gilardino, Del Piero, Totti and Pippo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
Why would he interfere with DP's position? I think both can be in the team, Toni, Gilardino, Del Piero, Totti and Pippo.
IMO he wouldn't, but I doubt Lippi will risk taking both of them to Germany.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Pippo, DP, and Lippi together again?

Let's toss in Padovano (no, that Padovano) while we're at it. :)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Jeeks said:
Cassano must be there in the list,no matter what.If he is playing regular or not,I don't think they will bench him till the end of the season.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Cassano should go there whether he's playing or not, he's a must :howler:

What a Joke.....

I wouldn't Pippo at all as long as he can score and stay away from injuries...I guess he can do better than Bobo.

Il Fenomeno

Nov 27, 2005
But is would be silly to take a player who hasn't played in 6 or 7 months and who isn't match fit. We all know he has the talent but after being out of action for so long he'll be rusty against the best in the world.

Anyway, the good news is that Cassano's set to start against Fiorentina today. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)