Lippi Fan Club (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It very much looks like Lippi is 2nd to only Trap in the history of Juve coaches. And since he signed for another 2 years today, he may as well equal Trappy's record once he's done at Juve.

So far Lippi's record shows
11 titles in 7 seasons (94/95 - 98/99 & 01/02 - ?)
5 Scudetti
1 Coppa
3 SuperCoppe
1 CL
1 Euro SuperCup (ie the humiliation of PSG)
1 Intercontinental Cup
342 matches in charge

Trap's record
14 titles in 11 seasons (76/77 - 85/86 & 91/92 - 93/94)
6 Scudetti
2 Coppe
1 European Cup
1 Cup Winner's Cup
2 UEFA Cups
1 Euro SuperCup
1 Intercontinental Cup
596 matches in charge

Lippi is 2nd only to Trap in success (as far as I can see) and in the length of his stay at Juve.

FORZA LIPPI :touched:

[stats courtesy of www.juventus1897.it as usual]

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Now the only thing he needs is to start playing stylish football ;)
Love Lippi though :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Grate!
But remember one thing... is also Juve at a team itself who make him in the best conditions to win... I don't know how he will do in the NT or in an other big team like Inter (he was a failure) or Roma wheare ther's a difficolt athmosfier.
Anycase also Trap was in the same situation and also Ancelotti, but he didn't make it to win anything.
I think that Lippi has "boss" strong personality so it is difficolt 4 him to arrive in a team who is already made while in Juventus he was the one who builded the team choosing all the players and keeping just "his soldiers". He was given time and trusting, and it was a good choice cause he is doing grate! :)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #10
    It's easy enough to say that given the favorable conditions, Lippi's job was easier than it could have been. But a team still has to be coached to success, no matter who plays for the team. It's my personal opinion that neither Inter nor Milan will win anything big this season, yet both clubs have strong squads. As for people saying Del Bosque has an easy job with all those superstars, I find that laughable, look how many before him failed. So I give all credit to Lippi, he's accomplished a lot.

However, he is the Juve coach, he doesn't seem to have the ability of Capello to adjust to any environment and spur success. For that reason, I will always consider Lippi 2nd to Capello.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    It's easy enough to say that given the favorable condition, Lippi's was easier than it could have been. But a team still has to be coached to success, no matter who plays for the team. It's my personal opinion that neither Inter nor Milan will win anything big this season, yet both clubs have strong squads. As for people saying Del Bosque has an easy job with all those superstars, I find that laughable, look how many before him failed. So I give all credit to Lippi, he's accomplished a lot.

However, he is the Juve coach, he doesn't seem to have the ability of Capello to adjust to any environment and spur success. For that reason, I will always consider Lippi 2nd to Capello.
    very well said!
    specialy the part about del bosque not having an easy job!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    I'm agree with you Alex.
    With my post I wanted to say that the "wedding" beetwin Juventus and Lippi is perfect. This is the important thig. Lippi failed in others teams and others coaches failed in Juve... but Lippi and Juve togeder are working perfectly.
    To win in Juve is easyest to win in an other team and this is obvious (look the numbers of scudetto that Juve has :) ) but ther's many coaches who failed here...
    I'm agree about you about Del Bosque good job but the situation is different from Lippi if not the opposite. Juventus is not a "superstars" team, in serie A ther's teams with more stars (Milan, Inter and even Roma) but what it works is the "group phylosopy" in this situation Lippi is the best. But when he arrived in a team packed of superstars and already made like it was in Inter he failed, maybe Del Bosque will fail in a situation in which he has to build a group and not to count on single players. Who knows?
    I think is difficolt to say who is the best coach 4 this reason... cause ther's always a best coach 4 a situation but not 4 all.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    As for people saying Del Bosque has an easy job with all those superstars, I find that laughable, look how many before him failed. So I give all credit to Lippi, he's accomplished a lot.
    Naw. Tactical decisions for real madrid are a piece of cake for del bosque.

he can acquire any damn player he chooses unlike juventus. lippi's selection of players is limited, as is the talent and quality at hand, unlike mr del bosque

yet Lippi's image just looks so much better :D

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #18
    Btw it just occured to me that in 7 years Lippi has gone one season without winning a major trophy. 5 scudetti and a CL crown. In 98/99 the news of him leaving leaked out, Alex got injured and we crashed. Other than that, Lippi has been a winner in every single season! :eek:

94/95 - scudetto, 10 point win over Lazio 2nd :eek:
    95/96 - CL
    96/97 - scudetto + CL final
    97/98 - scudetto + CL final
    98/99 - nada
    01/02 - scudetto
    02/03 - scudetto + CL final

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    Lippi is THE man, i like him very much, hes a great chap, and his cigars are what makes him, i swear his lips have formed to the shape of cigarettes,

Lippi, the stylin' italian coach.

I mean look at other famous coachers, Del B as you mentioned both looks like a pedaphile and a food critic, Cuper looks like a skinny crazy man which is about to blow any second, and just look at other coaches for yourself in the next game you watch, theyre maniacs and have no idea how to control a team. In my opinion, Inter could be doing a lot better without Cuper, who is typifing the OLD italian way of winning (5 defenders in 1st leg of cl semi final this season)!!!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Jejeje del boske looks like a chef!!

hey i think that lippi is the coach with better presentation!!.

When you see lippi after a juventini goal (with exception of the real madrid´s ones yesterday) he is quiet, looking at his guys celebrating, like nothing has happened,,,enjoying his big pures that will certainly kill him someday!, and making a cloud of smoke in the bench. He looks like a true boss!!.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)