Lippi criticized for Zambro slip (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
That's a whole load than what I know.
Calcio d'angolo = Corner Kick
Calcio de bolisione = Free kick
Calcio de rigore = Penalty kick
Avantagio = Advantage
Spectacolo = Spectacular
Bellisimo = Beautiful
Attenzione = Attention
And a lot more words .... Not sure of the spelling though :)
I think we should start something akin to hablas espagnol for Italian and people will help us out.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
yeah, it sux :groan:
Don't you guys (those in South East Asia) get SuperSports?

I am very grateful to Pasta Fresca Di Salvatore (sp?) for sponsoring the Serie A telecasts :D:D

-S-

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
well this zambro issue is important....zambro is a great winger...he is among the best defensively....but his attack leaves much to be desired....quite the opposite of zenoni though.

zambrotta is young, versatile, and all that. i dont think his LB role should be permanent, because he is much too versatile to be stuck there.

I think camoranesi should be given more freedom to drift between central midfield and the right flank, and zambrotta should be used as a wingback.

or maybe zambrotta should be used on the left flank.

Jul 12, 2002
Zamby should be put on the left flank, but that is essentially what is happening now. He is supposed to be playing left back, but in reality, Davids takes a more central role and Zamby plays left wing with a three-man back line. I love that formation, but it can not stay that way with out DP. I would say that Camo should move up to play a right wing-forward and DV can do the same on the left side, with trez filling the middle. Davids and Zamby flanking a more forward Nedved, with Brinidelli coming back to play left-back:

--Thuram----CD--CD-------Biri
--------Zamby-------Davids
---------------Nedved
Camo--------------------------DV
---------------Trez

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    I am lucky to get some Serie A matches :) Always happy to update or provide the info :)
    What's the relationship between the thread and the pic?
    Umm, that's the only picture of Lippi that I've got. Hehe :D

++ [ originally posted by Weed Alien ] ++
    yeah, it sux
    I feel victimized when they took it out. We used to have it 2 years ago..

++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++

Don't you guys (those in South East Asia) get SuperSports?

I am very grateful to Pasta Fresca Di Salvatore (sp?) for sponsoring the Serie A telecasts
    Nope, I dont have that in my cable. You guys know any other networks that show Calcio games?

++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    primo, whats up with the picture? and is Lippi drunk in that picture??

So, he was drunk...
    Yeah, it was during last year's celebration for winning the Scudetto. Well, he may have been drunk...they deserved to be. :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i think its a good idea what lippi is doing, because although zambro is a right winger, everyone can see that he is a natural left sided player. If you see what he does, he always uses his left foot for crosses, and even when he plays on the right, he cuts in and shots with that foot.

Now, he is playing at left back at the moment, but he is basically going to take that left side of the park anyway, as Davids plays in that diamond midfield. However, with Camoranesi on the right, Zambrotta is able to play on that left anyway and now juve has two good wingers again. Pessotto is a good defender, but hasnt got the abilities of zambrotta, as in passing, crosses etc...

now, as for moretti.....he is too young and still needs a few seasons. personally, i would rather buy a player such as Armand or Zauri for that left back and use zambrotta on the left.

eg. camoranesi nedved davids zambrotta

to me, that looks like a more balanced midfield. but it does lack one thing, and that is height, and thats what gives Tacchinardi his spot in the team.

And Davids wont be around in a few seasons time, so for the future of moretti and zambrotta etc...i think it should all work out fine, unless moggi invests in a left back.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    well, only one thing:

davids has got a lot of time left as juve are about to renew his contract.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Zamby should be put on the left flank, but that is essentially what is happening now. He is supposed to be playing left back, but in reality, Davids takes a more central role and Zamby plays left wing with a three-man back line. I love that formation, but it can not stay that way with out DP. I would say that Camo should move up to play a right wing-forward and DV can do the same on the left side, with trez filling the middle. Davids and Zamby flanking a more forward Nedved, with Brinidelli coming back to play left-back:

--Thuram----CD--CD-------Biri
    --------Zamby-------Davids
    ---------------Nedved
    Camo--------------------------DV
    ---------------Trez

Sorry, but i tottaly disagree!!!!

you are killing Zambrotta with that midfield role.
    also, DV can't crose worth crap even though he does play wide.
    Nedved's role is too defensive.

--other than the 4-4-2 flat formation that i mentioned in another thread, he is what i suggest:

------------------Thuram-----Montero-----Tudor----------------
    -------------------------Tacchi---------Davids---------------------
    ---Camoranesi---------------Nedved--------------Zambrotta--
    -------------------------Trez---------------DV-----------------------

The only prob that i see with this formation is backup.
    here is the backup formatiom The onlt backup there is for the wingers are Pessotto, and Zenoni!!.

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
    well, only one thing:

davids has got a lot of time left as juve are about to renew his contract.

I ain't doubting the quality of davids but maybe juve should consider letting him go while there a suitors, after all he turns 30 this year, and in turn give Mamamamamresca another go, since maresca p-l-a-y-s in the same position.

- or am i wrong bout this - :confused:

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by GonJ ] ++

I ain't doubting the quality of davids but maybe juve should consider letting him go while there a suitors, after all he turns 30 this year, and in turn give Mamamamamresca another go, since maresca p-l-a-y-s in the same position.

- or am i wrong bout this - :confused:
    You definately are. Maresca won't be able to replace Davids, no one will. As long as he's in good form we should keep him, no matter what. After all, Moggi could sell Davids to Roma at the start of the season but he didn't. Everyone(mainly Sensi) thought that Davids could be moving to Rome but in reality Moggi never intended to sell him. I'm sure he had a good reason.;)

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
    Davids won't last forever thou and his price is prol already dropping so why keep him.

oh and

I read that Maresca plays LM so i just thought of him as a sorta "heir to the throne of davids* . What i wanna clear up is: does maresca play LM or DMC?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ideally, Maresca is a direct replacement for Tacchinardi. He is a DM or CM, not a LM or RM for that matter.

i still think that Davids should play in tacchinardis role now....but lippi doesnt seem to think so.....oh well, i think lippi knows best :D

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #38
    Well, I dont think a player of Davids' calibre can ever be replaced. He may be old, but do you honestly think a player like maresca could contribute what Davids is able to bring in to Juve at the moment?

Moggi has probably thought about the things you've said earlier GonJ. But the thing is, they realized that they would rather stick to the contribution that Davids is giving now, than wait for Maresca to mature and develop into a player like Davids. Let's face it, Davids is one kind of footballer that's unfazed until now. He's exceptional, and I think we did a good job in keeping him.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Zambo plays great on his njew position! Just look at the goal against Piacenza.................a superb assist by Zambo

Even Trap wants him to play in the national team on the left-back pos!

Zambrotta!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)