Lippi criticized for Zambro slip (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Article by SoccerAge.com
Written by an Italian Reporter:

Marcello Lippi (Juventus)

Three years ago Gianluca Zambrotta was being held in the same breath as Marc Overmars. Today Coach Lippi wants to turn him into Alessandro Pistone. The tactician is receiving the plaudits for transforming him into a left-back but wouldn’t it have been easier to buy one or not sell Emiliano Moretti?

-Soccer Age

An italian reporter criticizes Lippi for having missed the opportunity to transform Zambo into one of the greatest wingers.

I think Zambro is doing pretty good down the left-back position. But I would love to see him get back to his original position (wing).

Btw, did you guys know Trap wants to start Zambro in the national teaam playing left-back?

Opinions anyone?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i dont think Zambrotta ever reached a level where he can be compared to Overmars.

I think he was a good right winger. He plays pretty good as a left back too. Though my position is that he is more usefull for juve at the leftback position since Camo is better on that side. Also, Moretti hasn't fully develeoped to be in the starting 11 at juve.

i value Zambrotta a lot because he is young, has a lot of skill, and most of all because he is versatile. it's like having 3 players!!

The person i feel sorry for is Moretti because zambrotta is still young and Moretti will be warming the bench for years to come (unless he is sold, which is also a bad idea since there is no replacement for him and he is very promising- pessotto's time is almost up anyway)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
If only he can play well on the left wing

Juve can play:

-----------------------------------Buffon-------------------------------------
-----------------Thuram-------Montero--------Tudor-----------------
----------------------Tacchinardi-----Davids-----------------------------
-----Camoranesi--------------Nedved----------------Zambrotta----
-------------------------Trez------------------DelPiero-------------------

:thumb: :star:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
you should see the one i made if we just buy 2 players(D'Ale and Mexes), and bring back Brighi, Maresca, Miccoli!!!! :eek:

OP
Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    yeah, i love to see zambro return to his position. maybe lippi should rotate camo-zambro more often. camo has his "off" times often too...

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    zambrotta is not anywhere near Overmars, and I very much doubt he ever will be. Thank god we have Camo, who actually contributes there!

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    The versatility Zambro offers us is amazing. For the first time in a long while I've watched a Juve game which the left wing has produced more efforts than the right one. Zambro stole the show :thumb: in the Atalanta game.
    Are you in the pic primo? :)

babyblue

Jul 13, 2002
    i think Zambro can perform quite good in his original place, but now we have Camo in his place.
    if it hadn't been for his getting injured during the World Cup, he wouldn't have been turned into a left-back. he did a pretty good job in World Cup last summer.
    anyway, he's qualified in not only one place.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    The versatility Zambro offers us is amazing. For the first time in a long while I've watched a Juve game which the left wing has produced more efforts than the right one. Zambro stole the show :thumb: in the Atalanta game.
    Are you in the pic primo? :)
    Huh?

I dont get to watch the games. Too bad they don't show it on ESPN or Star Sports. I only get to watch Juve during Champions League games. And not all their games even, just when their game is selected to be shown, and it sucks. Luckily, you guys here always keep me updated.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I am lucky to get some Serie A matches :) Always happy to update or provide the info :)
    What's the relationship between the thread and the pic?

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    i am trying to get rai international so i can watch at least a few matches

if i'd thought quickly i could have got it in time to watch that gaslini benefit program that was on last week, too.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    You better hurry up! Atleast that is what I depend on and you also get Domenica Sportivo which basically covers all the goals, ref assessment, fouls ... everything. It would be a huge plus if you understand Italian :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)