Lionel Messi (12 Viewers)

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I never said registered, but neither of them are officially out. They are still looking for opportunities to register them. Aguero also confirmed he wants to play for Barca.
Barca has decided to officially announce that only Messi will not be able to register.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Seriously, every moron who comes again in this thread and starts arguing how it is not possible for Barca to sign Messi even if he lowers enough his wages, should be banned from it. There should be stupidity cap even in Juventuz.

Neither you, nor @campionesidd know all the details about Messi’s contract and La Liga’s cap since they have not released all the details. Even Marcotti who is one of the best sports writers around doesn’t know:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...s-on-how-this-saga-will-play-out?platform=amp
Why don’t know eat a humble pie and stop being so condescending for no particular reason?

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Disgusting that he is going to PSG. I wish him and that shit club all the worst now.

When it comes to the salary thing and that he should play for free, that is just retarded logic. Noone would do that in todays society and especially not fotballers
with Messi to PSG Ligue 1 will be more of farmers league

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Neither you, nor @campionesidd know all the details about Messi’s contract and La Liga’s cap since they have not released all the details. Even Marcotti who is one of the best sports writers around doesn’t know:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...s-on-how-this-saga-will-play-out?platform=amp
Why don’t know eat a humble pie and stop being so condescending for no particular reason?
Do you think Barca did not know about the salary cap? These clubs have people on active duty in La liga's administrative structures, they actively participate and are in the loop on every matter that concerns them.
I do not need to know in detail everything. I have a functioning brain to reach conclusions based on tangible and intangible information.
It is infuriating to read so many stupid comments that are solely based on conviction, personal beliefs and lies rather on facts and logic.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Do you think Barca did not know about the salary cap? These clubs have people on active duty in La liga's administrative structures, they actively participate and are in the loop on every matter that concerns them.
I do not need to know in detail everything. I have a functioning brain to reach conclusions based on tangible and intangible information.
It is infuriating to read so many stupid comments that are solely based on conviction, personal beliefs and lies rather on facts and logic.

It's perfectly plausible that even though they were over the cap they were hoping that La Liga would bend its rules for a certain 5-time Ballon d'Or winner. If you think everything is so perfectly logical here perhaps you should explain how Barca signed so many free agents while being in this deep financial mess? They don't even have the luxury of having rich owners like we do.
Something here doesn't make sense, and I personally think Barca wanted to rid themselves of Messi salary all along. Do I know for sure? no. Do I have all the evidence? Certainly not. Do I act like I know everything? I hope not.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
It's perfectly plausible that even though they were over the cap they were hoping that La Liga would bend its rules for a certain 5-time Ballon d'Or winner. If you think everything is so perfectly logical here perhaps you should explain how Barca signed so many free agents while being in this deep financial mess? They don't even have the luxury of having rich owners like we do.
Something here doesn't make sense, and I personally think Barca wanted to rid themselves of Messi salary all along. Do I know for sure? no. Do I have all the evidence? Certainly not. Do I act like I know everything? I hope not.
Barca has gambled and failed so far. For me they have been preparing for life after Messi with the free signings.
Although, it has been mismanaged, the club is not so stupid to bring new high earners before getting rid of other high earners.
Messi is the easiest choice, because the others are unsaleable. He has been unwilling significantly to lower his wages and both parties have decided to stop pushing further.Now, Messi is able to look for a new club.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
It was published that he couldn't play for Barcelona for free even if he wanted to, because La Liga regulations state that every new contract has to be at least 50% salary of the previous one, and this is specifically done to prevent any circumvention of the rules - that's why he reduced his salary by half, because this is the minimum he has to get in accordance with the rules.

And anybody saying that you could perhaps get around this - perhaps, but that is against the rules and leaves you open for potential sanctions.

Edhardy

Jan 9, 2014
And it's not like Del Piero or Totti played for free either. Wages of the absolute top players are obviously on a completely different level nowadays though.
Del Piero was once the highest paid footballer in the world, and top 5 or thereabouts in Serie A after we came back from Serie B.
Totti was also amongst the 3-5 highest paid players in the league throughout his prime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)