Lionel Messi (10 Viewers)

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Messi's contribution to Barcelona's success on the field and developing their brand and business is huge. He is entitled to a large proportion of the income. This is not Pogba whose value is photo shoots but nothing on the pitch while taking home his exorbitant wage.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
He could have stayed on a shadow wage. He chose not to. Fuck him.
wouldnt even have mattered if he played for free as they would still be a long way off the limits which La Liga imposed.

Barca have insane wages on players like Griez, Coutinho, Dembele etc

Only way would be if a significant numbers of their other players would have agreed to lower their wages too, then it might have been enough.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Messi's contribution to Barcelona's success on the field and developing their brand and business is huge. He is entitled to a large proportion of the income. This is not Pogba whose value is photo shoots but nothing on the pitch while taking home his exorbitant wage.
Yet he has won shit in Europe since Xavi and Iniesta departed.
Disgusting that he is going to PSG. I wish him and that shit club all the worst now.

When it comes to the salary thing and that he should play for free, that is just retarded logic. Noone would do that in todays society and especially not fotballers
He will be not playing for free though. Also, there are many people doing voluntary work entirely for free around the world. That you think an overpaid, massively wealthy football player can't play a year or two without a formal salary for his supposedly favourite team speaks more about your way of thinking, which is pretty sad.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Yet he has won shit in Europe since Xavi and Iniesta departed.He will be not playing for free though. Also, there are many people doing voluntary work entirely for free around the world. That you think an overpaid, massively wealthy football player can't play a year or two without a formal salary for his supposedly favourite team speaks more about your way of thinking, which is pretty sad.

Think? its not about what i think its about the reality that we live in.

In an ideal fairy tale world sure, that would work. : I am talking about reality tho: expecting footballers to act like Gandhi,jesus or voluntary workers is naive. Blame capitalism, not me.

Jun 6, 2015

In an ideal fairy tale world sure, that would work. : I am talking about reality tho: expecting footballers to act like Gandhi,jesus or voluntary workers is naive. Blame capitalism, not me.
:disagree: If greedy midget truly loved Barca he should stop playing football altogether, donate all his belongings to the poor and go work as a volunteer in some struggling country.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006

My point is that Messi does not love Barca and his tears are fake. You do not love something and abandon it just because it does not pay you enough. The only true love in football is that of the supporters and of some true legends like Del Piero and Totti.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
:disagree: If greedy midget truly loved Barca he should stop playing football altogether, donate all his belongings to the poor and go work as a volunteer in some struggling country.
LOL i get people dont like the guy but holy fuck some of those arguments :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

My point is that Messi does not love Barca and his tears are fake. You do not love something and abandon it just because it does not pay you enough. The only true love in football is that of the supporters and of some true legends like Del Piero and Totti.

Fair enough, lets say he is a money hungry mercenary. That would make him more or less the same as 99% of all footballers out there. The days of Totti and Del Piero are over bro. Its a money game these days

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
LOL i get people dont like the guy but holy fuck some of those arguments :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, lets say he is a money hungry mercenary. That would make him more or less the same as 99% of all footballers out there. The days of Totti and Del Piero are over bro. Its a money game these days
And it's not like Del Piero or Totti played for free either. Wages of the absolute top players are obviously on a completely different level nowadays though.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
LOL i get people dont like the guy but holy fuck some of those arguments

- - - Updated - - -

Marchisio would have stayed in Juve for life had they allowed him.
Chiellini also seems like a player capable of great sacrifices just to stay in Juve.
There are still rare examples of loyalty in football.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Smart move by Laporta. Barca needed to cut loose of his gigantic wages at some point anyway, and he made it like La Liga and Tebas are to blame for the situation.
Btw PSG still needs to renew Mbappe’s contract. Not sure how they can justify that once FFP is restored eventually.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Marchisio would have stayed in Juve for life had they allowed him.
Chiellini also seems like a player capable of great sacrifices just to stay in Juve.
There are still rare examples of loyalty in football.

True , there are exeptions. Sadly, it's a dying breed

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Smart move by Laporta. Barca needed to cut loose of his gigantic wages at some point anyway, and he made it like La Liga and Tebas are to blame for the situation.
Btw PSG still needs to renew Mbappe’s contract. Not sure how they can justify that once FFP is restored eventually.
Yeah, they both (Messi and Laporta) played it in a pretty dramatic way. LOL. Tears, passive aggressive allegations and accusations, "aggrandised" statements etc. Theater for the gullible...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jules on ESPN just said he expects Mbappe to sign a one year extension and then leave on a free to Madrid. The fact that Mbappe is even rumored to be able to leave for free - with PSG not caring at all - is case in point of how effed things are in football right now.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

It’s not they can’t pay him enough, they can’t pay him at all. Barca can’t register him even if he plays for free.
By the way, Del Piero or Totti never played for free, nor should have they. It is ridiculous to except Messi do the same.
I’m not a big Messi guy, but some of the people blaming him for this situation are just being haters.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Jules on ESPN just said he expects Mbappe to sign a one year extension and then leave on a free to Madrid. The fact that Mbappe is even rumored to be able to leave for free - with PSG not caring at all - is case in point of how effed things are in football right now.
Well if he doesn’t extend then he’ll leave for free next year. If you’re Mbappe why do you agree to such extension?

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not they can’t pay him enough, they can’t pay him at all. Barca can’t register him even if he plays for free.
By the way, Del Piero or Totti never played for free, nor should have they. It is ridiculous to except Messi do the same.
I’m not a big Messi guy, but some of the people blaming him for this situation are just being haters.
Why?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

bro I love Albania but I left that place for free

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

What part of Barca can’t sign him even if he plays for free can’t you understand? :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)