Limit to Non-EU players in Italy (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
Population of Ireland-3,883,159

Approximate population excluded from playing in Serie A by this rule:

OP
danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    Don't forget that MANY players in South America have European "passports." You could add a player like D'Alessandro without losing someone, or I think it should be that way.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Ok here's an idea. Argentina is in trouble financially, right? Say Italy and France cut a deal with the Argies to pretend occupy the country, that would make Argentina their sphere of influence and all citizens legally under French/Italian control.

;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Ok here's an idea. Argentina is in trouble financially, right? Say Italy and France cut a deal with the Argies to pretend occupy the country, that would make Argentina their sphere of influence and all citizens legally under French/Italian control.

;)
    Yeah, but no one would believe the French or Italians could win a war. Hell, when Dubya started this whole "War on Terror" thing, France surrendered as a precautionary measure.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Yeah, but no one would believe the French or Italians could win a war. Hell, when Dubya started this whole "War on Terror" thing, France surrendered as a precautionary measure.
    I find that a bit offensive.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Sorry, none intended.
    Don't be sorry, first of all. Secondly, how can you say that there was no offence intended. Does that not make a mockery of the brave men who fought and died for France and the men who serve that country today?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Don't be sorry, first of all.
    Why not? Does it suit your moral outrage more if I'm not sorry for offending you?

Secondly, how can you say that there was no offence intended. Does that not make a mockery of the brave men who fought and died for France and the men who serve that country today?
    I intended to send up a steriotype of the French, specifically the American one which has proliferated so since the French, ironically enough, stood up to them.

I make no mockery of dead soldiers, as they can hardly be involved in modern French 'surrenders'. As for their modern army, if they can't take a bit of slagging, I fear for France should they ever be invaded again.

Perhaps you would prefer if I were to make referance to the real 'surrender-monkeys' of WWII, the Italians? I can quote genuine British military reports from the African front in 1940 which count their Italian prisoners by the acre. Or perhaps I could dredge up an account of the Italian soldiers who surrendered to the British after firing a single shot, claiming to be "out of ammunition," despite standing beside a pile of it? These people are deplorable. You can argue that war is wrong - I would agree. But once you put on a uniform, take the pay, your business is war, and you can hardly complain when someone asks you to do some work.

What relevance has all of this? None. I am rambling, and I don't care. If you're French, which I don't think you are, you can say that I've insulted your nation. Big deal, you big girls blouse.

As for the actual 'insulting' joke, please explain to me when was the last time France or Italy won a war? France had to be invaded by its own allies in WWII, and I can't think of a single war they won on their own going back to the 1870's when they lost the Franco-Prussian war, while Italy switched sides in consecutive wars, specifically because they were losing.

I know that just posting this is going to provoke angry response, but I don't care. If you don't find me funny, don't read my posts. There are far more offencive things out there. Like P.C. twits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)