Ligue 1 2016/2017 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2013
What the hell is up with Monaco, they win all their games by at least 4 goals
they are a fantastic team. They would finish 2nd in Serie A and challenge for the prem.

- - - Updated - - -

They have an awesome young squad, and Ligue 1 is pathetic.
top 4 (Nice, Lyon, PSG, Monaco) is not pathetic in Ligue 1. The rest of the top half isnt that weak either.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I agree with him, even when they won Tottenham they could have scored a couple more than 2

They were by far the better team

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure they will have a good CL campaign, and do better than Napoli for sure

May 23, 2013
Lol at finish 2nd in Serie A and challenge in the EPL. Exaggerate much?!
Its not an exaggeration. Watch them play. They already topped their CL group with relative ease.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with him, even when they won Tottenham they could have scored a couple more than 2

They were by far the better team

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure they will have a good CL campaign, and do better than Napoli for sure
:agree: Napoli(with Milik) v Monaco would be an interesting game though. Hope we get Monaco at some point in the CL.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Its not an exaggeration. Watch them play. They already topped their CL group with relative ease.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: Napoli(with Milik) v Monaco would be an interesting game though. Hope we get Monaco at some point in the CL.
Their CL group was quite an easy one. Tottenham were shit in the CL this season. I'm not belittling Monaco, and I really like some of their players, but they might finish top 4 in Italy, and would definitely struggle to break into the top 4 in England.

May 23, 2013
Their CL group was quite an easy one. Tottenham were $#@! in the CL this season. I'm not belittling Monaco, and I really like some of their players, but they might finish top 4 in Italy, and would definitely struggle to break into the top 4 in England.
In retrospect it was easy however I remember many predicting Spuds + Leverkusen to advance. They have also got Falcao back in his best form since his Atleti days. In Serie A I would only rate Napoli at full strength ahead of em.

Some very impressive results thus far:
Villarreal 1 : 2 Monaco
Monaco 1 : 0 Villarreal
Monaco 3 : 1 Paris Saint Germain
Monaco 2 : 1 Tottenham
Tottenham 1 : 2 Monaco

Imo if they came up against Arse or Citeh in the CL they would advance.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lol at finish 2nd in Serie A and challenge in the EPL. Exaggerate much?!
Theyd tear the EPL apart. Serie A not really

- - - Updated - - -

In retrospect it was easy however I remember many predicting Spuds + Leverkusen to advance. They have also got Falcao back in his best form since his Atleti days. In Serie A I would only rate Napoli at full strength ahead of em.

Some very impressive results thus far:
Villarreal 1 : 2 Monaco
Monaco 1 : 0 Villarreal
Monaco 3 : 1 Paris Saint Germain
Monaco 2 : 1 Tottenham
Tottenham 1 : 2 Monaco

Imo if they came up against Arse or Citeh in the CL they would advance.
:agree:

May 23, 2013
i havent watched all games but i dont think its that much. still, it takes great off ball movement to even get yourself into great scoring opportunities + hes often tired when he has to make the finish because he runs a lot and helps his friends
Yes his movement is fantastic however other than for creating space that is useless if you are an elite striker.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
meant to say that is useless for an elite striker if ur finishing is so poor (as Cavanis has been)
i dont watch PSG like i said above. but a simple visit to whoscored tells me that Cavani has 3.9 shots per game this season in Ligue 1 and UCL. Higuain for example has 3.2, Lewandowski 4.1, Ibra 4.1, Benzema 2.5, Suarez 3.1. if you then look at the goals each scored, and consider how many shots everyone took, i dont understand how Cavani is a bad finisher apart from missing few good chances. hes actually scoring the most percentage of his shots out of all top CFs if the stats are correct, which would make him a great finisher then

Cavani 22 games - 1786 minutes - 23 goals (1 assist) - 3,9 shots per game - 1,05 goals per game
Higuain 22 games - 1581 minutes - 13 goals (1 assist) - 3,2 shots per game - 0,60 goals per game
Lewa 23 games - 1994 minutes - 19 goals (4 assists) - 4,1 shots per game - 0,83 goals per game
Ibra 25 games - 2102 minutes - (16 goals (3 assists) - 4,1 shots per game - 0,64 goals per game
Benzema 20 games - 1345 minutes - 10 goals (3 assists) - 2,5 shots per game - 0,5 goals per game
Suarez 20 games - 1630 minutes - 13 goals (7 assists) - 3,1 shots per game - 0,65 goals per game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)