Ligue 1 2016/2017 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Of course they did, they don't have the squad depth to compete in three competitions and who gives a fuck about this cup.

If they go on to win either the CL or league they'll achieve something their fans will remember for years, almost decades to come. You don't wanna risk that for some stupid largely meaningless cup BS

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
They have shown ambition right from the start and exemplify it with their style of play so yeah makes sense why they made this move. It's brave and bold and is exactly but what got them to the semis. They have been living and breathing to aim for the stars. But it's time we suffocate them in their own backyard.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Of course they did, they don't have the squad depth to compete in three competitions and who gives a fuck about this cup.

If they go on to win either the CL or league they'll achieve something their fans will remember for years, almost decades to come. You don't wanna risk that for some stupid largely meaningless cup BS
they surrendered a game to their biggest rivals and gave them a free pass to a trophy. they also gave PSG players a rest by not even showing up and letting them beat them with 20% strength. their coach is a quitter, if i was playing under him id be very disapointed and mad

- - - Updated - - -

austria supporting france in surrendering who would have thought :baus:
:baus:

farfan

Mar 12, 2016
Verratti is talking from players perspective though. they have worked hard to reach this stage, and the coach decides to throw it away without any fight even. how would you feel as a player in this team?
7 of the players who played in the quarter-finals and "worked hard" to make it to that stage started against PSG. This was not an important competition for them from the get-go.
Not everybody has the means to aim for a treble.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
They have shown ambition right from the start and exemplify it with their style of play so yeah makes sense why they made this move. It's brave and bold and is exactly but what got them to the semis. They have been living and breathing to aim for the stars. But it's time we suffocate them in their own backyard.

They just gave a strong reason for their opponents to ruin their plans. It was a weak move to surrender yourself. You don't do that in sport. I personally hope they fail both in Ligue 1 and CL.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
7 of the players who played in the quarter-finals and "worked hard" to make it to that stage started against PSG. This was not an important competition for them from the get-go.
Not everybody has the means to aim for a treble.
if this wasnt an important competition, they should have played their U21 team in the 1st round and went out. going to the semifinal and then surrendering without even trying to your biggest rival is pathetic, but what to expect from a bunch of french

farfan

Mar 12, 2016
if this wasnt an important competition, they should have played their U21 team in the 1st round and went out. going to the semifinal and then surrendering without even trying to your biggest rival is pathetic, but what to expect from a bunch of french
The coach is Portuguese tho. :D
And he made the right decision considering the impossible calendar and lack of depth in the squad. If you watched any of their past few games, you'd notice that the team is hanging by a thread and are barely scraping past weak opponents.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The coach is Portuguese tho. :D
And he made the right decision considering the impossible calendar and lack of depth in the squad. If you watched any of their past few games, you'd notice that the team is hanging by a thread and are barely scraping past weak opponents.
thats also his fault then, for not rotating the squad properly. they have an 18 man deep squad so they could have rotated the team just fine throughout the season. and them reaching the cup semifinals and leaguecup final while not fielding their strongest teams in those games shows that their bench isnt so bad as you said, so resting some starters vs low table teams was definitely a possibility

farfan

Mar 12, 2016
thats also his fault then, for not rotating the squad properly. they have an 18 man deep squad so they could have rotated the team just fine throughout the season. and them reaching the cup semifinals and leaguecup final while not fielding their strongest teams in those games shows that their bench isnt so bad as you said, so resting some starters vs low table teams was definitely a possibility
Other than Marseille ( for which they fielded a good starting 11 due to no CL games) they haven't met any good opponents.

They spent half a season catching up to Nice and the other half barely staying above PSG, it's harder to rotate in those conditions.
Their bench is really really weak, they don't even have actual substitutes for some crucial positions.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
They just gave a strong reason for their opponents to ruin their plans. It was a weak move to surrender yourself. You don't do that in sport. I personally hope they fail both in Ligue 1 and CL.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Its not weak at all, its ambitious which is admirable from a small/medium sized club. Its a similar thing to leicester last season. It would be weak and stupidity if they didnt live up to their goal but they made it convincingly to a semi final which is a big feat and they are by not approaching this game with an underdog mentality either, which of course you might expect from europa league teams in a similar position this season.

This aint the first time they played their B team when it doesnt matter. Back in december they played their second team against leverkussen having already qualified. In addition, this team has come from the qualifiers, beating fenerbahce and villareal on the way. They deserve respect theyve earned it but its time we knock them out.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Losing on purpose is brave and ambitious nowadays then. We should definitely follow suit and lose the remaining games to show our bravery and ambition.
They are a small team (and as mr monaco fan stated they dont have a big squad with their B team poor as hell) In addition they are taking on a tough team in PSG, instead they prioritising the CL ahead of the french cup, so if that isnt ambitious i dont know what is. Also If they (god-forbid) progress to the final, theyve made more money than winning 5 French cups alone.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Well we have a very different idea of what is ambitious if you consider throwing away a possible title as ambitious.
Thats because we are a big dog, our expectations are to win the league and compete in CL. Monaco's expectations are different, their fans wont be upset one bit, especially with all that enthusiam in how they have played and got to the semi's. In all honesty if we didnt win the league one season and won the CL instead id still be over the moon.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Its not weak at all, its ambitious which is admirable from a small/medium sized club. Its a similar thing to leicester last season. It would be weak and stupidity if they didnt live up to their goal but they made it convincingly to a semi final which is a big feat and they are by not approaching this game with an underdog mentality either, which of course you might expect from europa league teams in a similar position this season.

This aint the first time they played their B team when it doesnt matter. Back in december they played their second team against leverkussen having already qualified. In addition, this team has come from the qualifiers, beating fenerbahce and villareal on the way. They deserve respect theyve earned it but its time we knock them out.
I think you underestimate them. Remember that Rybolovlev invested heavily in the club few years ago which is bearing fruits. I would also not compare them to Leicester, ASM has been a top French club for years and a Champions League regular, not Europa/Uefa.

Obviously it's not forbidden to use your youth team in some games but it's disrespectful in my opinion. Some might find it cunning and smart but for me it's ruining a competition. Imagine fans that bought the tickets for the game against PSG. Also, was it a surprise for Monaco that they will be playing on three fronts this season? The fact they don't have an appropriate squad is their fault, I'm not going to feel sorry for them because they don't have enough players of good quality. Therefore, I hope we totally smash them in 1/2 plus they lose out on Ligue 1 title.

Jun 6, 2015
Thats because we are a big dog, our expectations are to win the league and compete in CL. Monaco's expectations are different, their fans wont be upset one bit. In all honesty if we didnt win the league one season and won the CL instead id still be over the moon.
No matter what sized club I would be playing for if my club decided to pretty much lose on purpose I would seriously question the ambition of that club.

Not sure you should be speaking for the Monaco fans as I'm sure just like with us there is different opinions among them too.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
No matter what sized club I would be playing for if my club decided to pretty much lose on purpose I would seriously question the ambition of that club.

Not sure you should be speaking for the Monaco fans as I'm sure just like with us there is different opinions among them too.
It's unfair to say they lost on purpose like them players just didn't try at all. If you look at extended match highlights or read match commentary you will find uptill the 27th minute Monaco were doing well. At the 27th minute di sanctis did a howler and psg scored. Monaco didn't sit back they tried to attack but by then psg were confidently bossing them. Yes the b team played and yes on paper it seemed always one outcome but Monaco have been riding their luck and had their b team in an unlikely scenario pulled an upset we would have heard different things. I agree the balance of opinions can sway but if you check out Monaco forum, majority are not pissed with their pitchforks out, they are giving Jardim the benefit of the doubt while some are cursing the French association for how their fixture list ended up and the press for their negativity surrounding Jardim's lineup.

http://www.asmfoot.fr/forum_casse/i...oupe-de-france-psg-asm-le-revanchada/&page=17

read from page 15-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)