Libya 2011 Demonstrations (8 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I like how it starts out like an SNL skit only to end up with Celente yelling at me to grow up and stop paying taxes.
He brings up a good point though. Writing your CONgressman isn't going to solve anything. It hasn't in the past and won't in the future, especially when Presidents can order military action at the whim of a hat by bypassing CONgress. And where does all our tax revenue go? It goes to funding the military and security complex, rubbish like the TSA and Homeland Security spying on our own citizens, along with bailing out broken financial institutions that should have failed. So I don't want to fund any of that crap, along with the salaries of Republicans and Democrats who do nothing but run the country into the ground.

We need more people like Celente.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He brings up a good point though. Writing your CONgressman isn't going to solve anything. It hasn't in the past and won't in the future, especially when Presidents can order military action at the whim of a hat by bypassing CONgress. And where does all our tax revenue go? It goes to funding the military and security complex, rubbish like the TSA and Homeland Security spying on our own citizens, along with bailing out broken financial institutions that should have failed. So I don't want to fund any of that crap, along with the salaries of Republicans and Democrats who do nothing but run the country into the ground.

We need more people like Celente.
I agree with a lot of what he says. I just thought the set looked like a SNL skit.

Though I wonder if he really doesn't pay taxes.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
That is what Gedaffi forces are doing true. But Nato are not co-ordinating with A.Younis and the transitional national council, A.Younis said it so many times, they barely listen to him, i'm sure if they coordinated with the TNC these mistakes would have been avoided. Plus, how do you explain the significant drop in performance ever since the NATO took over from the coalition forces?
Since day one when NATO took over it was obvious they're taking a different approach. Hell, they started it by publicizing that they're not in for helping the rebels but protect civilians and as comforting as that sounds it gives a good indication at how different their handling of the situation would be later on. Watching the moronic Gaddafi slaying civilians.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Since day one when NATO took over it was obvious they're taking a different approach. Hell, they started it by publicizing that they're not in for helping the rebels but protect civilians and as comforting as that sounds it gives a good indication at how different their handling of the situation would be later on. Watching the moronic Gaddafi slaying civilians.
Hey welcome back mate. How have you been?

You're completely right about NATO. Fuck them, they're either incompetent or they have an agenda. It's no coincidence that the coalition forces; USA, France and Britain never made the silly mistakes that NATO are making. At least if NATO was doing something substantial and making mistakes, we might have accepted it a little easier, but they're doing shit, and at the same times mistakenly killing rebels.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Hey welcome back mate. How have you been?
Thanks, busy college and work plus shit hasn't been really quite here too you know :D

You're completely right about NATO. Fuck them, they're either incompetent or they have an agenda. It's no coincidence that the coalition forces; USA, France and Britain never made the silly mistakes that NATO are making. At least if NATO was doing something substantial and making mistakes, we might have accepted it a little easier, but they're doing shit, and at the same times mistakenly killing rebels.
Indeed. The only bright side Im noticing right now is the rebels getting some new weapons, can't figure who's helping them with that but they didn't have that much Katyoosha and Grad missiles' launchers before and the ones they now have doesn't look as worn off as their other equipments do.

Needless to say though, they need more.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:howler: If thats what it means.

Only reason i can think of, for why he has more Serbian supporters than Libyans, is because he supported them against the Bosnians back in the day. I'm not talking about the Serbian people here bear in mind, i'm talking about their media and government.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006

Only reason i can think of, for why he has more Serbian supporters than Libyans, is because he supported them against the Bosnians back in the day. I'm not talking about the Serbian people here bear in mind, i'm talking about their media and government.
IMO its more of "We've been there" approach. They had the NATO on their asses too when they were out mass murdering, whats striking though is that their media still thinks its a conspiracy and that no country should have interfered in their "interior affairs".

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

He was the first one to offer Serbia help after NATO action in 1999. He was the first one who employed our people there. He was one of the first to say no to separated Kosovo.

There was some protest in Belgrade for his support and Libya. There were Libyans too, students who live here.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Students who go to Serbia are on government scholarships. Most of them are the sons of people who work in Gedaffi's revolutionary committees, they're pieces of shits like their fathers, its no wonder they stand with a man who has butchered their people.

I know these things that you said, thats why i said he supported Serbia in their conflict with Bosnia. Lets not kid ourselves thats the only reason the Serbian media and government is with him. Not because they really think he has a right to rule Libya against the wishes of his people.

delrey

Jan 5, 2009
Students who go to Serbia are on government scholarships. Most of them are the sons of people who work in Gedaffi's revolutionary committees, they're pieces of shits like their fathers, its no wonder they stand with a man who has butchered their people.

I know these things that you said, thats why i said he supported Serbia in their conflict with Bosnia. Lets not kid ourselves thats the only reason the Serbian media and government is with him. Not because they really think he has a right to rule Libya against the wishes of his people.
Wrong! Friendship with Colonel dating in time of SFRJ. In time we were strong and didnt need any help.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That does not excuse standing with a man that has killed thousands of his people for saying they don't want his dictatorial rule anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)