Libya 2011 Demonstrations (2 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
Libya's Ambassador to India quits in protest: Reports

NDTV Correspondent, Updated: February 21, 2011 14:05 IST

New Delhi: Reports suggest that Libya's ambassador to India and a senior Libyan diplomat to China have resigned in protest at their government's violent crackdown on demonstrators calling for the ouster of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.

The BBC on its Arabic service website has reported that Ali al-Essawi, the Ambassador to India, has also accused the government of deploying foreign mercenaries against the protesters.

There has been no immediate response from the Libyan embassy in New Delhi or the Ministry of External Affairs.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/l...NdtvNews-TopStories+(NDTV+News+-+Top+Stories)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #162
    Aljazeera: Oil production stops in a main oil field as a result of employees strike.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #163
    One of those who oppose Qaddhafi says that the dictator has no other choice but committing suicide as he has problems almost with all the countries and can not have asylum anywhere.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #164
    Government building on fire in Libyan capital

TRIPOLI Feb 21 (Reuters) - A government building in the Libyan capital is on fire, a Reuters reporter said on Monday.

"I can see the People's Hall is on fire, there are firefighters there trying to put it out," the reporter said.

The building is where the General People's Congress, or parliament, meets when it is in session in Tripoli.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/02/21/libya-protests-fire-idUKLDE71K0OP20110221

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #165
    Aljazeera: Military planes are bombarding a military camp near Ajdabia city after the army withdrew from that camp. It is not clear what the identity of these planes is.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    One of those who oppose Qaddhafi says that the dictator has no other choice but committing suicide as he has problems almost with all the countries and can not have asylum anywhere.
    :lol:

I remember he talked shit about Switzerland.
    I mean....Switzerland, the only country in the world noone has any problems with. If he attacked Switzerland, God knows what he used to say to the others. :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

I mean....Switzerland, the only country in the world noone has any problems with. If he attacked Switzerland, God knows what he used to say to the others. :D
    :D

Someone told me his son Saif attacked Canada in his speech yesterday.

Someone on Twitter tweeted: "Saif Gaddafi just blamed Canada for chaos. I think that's the first time someone's blamed Canada for war outside of South Park."

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #169

Exactly. The guy is a weird psycho. I suggest he should not be hanged. He should be exploited in laporatories to analyze his brain and try to find solution for anybody that has the same symptoms.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #170
    :D

Someone told me his son Saif attacked Canada in his speech yesterday.

Someone on Twitter tweeted: "Saif Gaddafi just blamed Canada for chaos. I think that's the first time someone's blamed Canada for war outside of South Park."
    Yesterday, he blamed the next categories:

1- Drunk people
    2- Egyptians
    3- Tunisians
    4- Illegal Immegrants from Africa.
    5- Canada.
    6- Islamic Radicals.
    7- Imperialists like Britain and USA.
    8- Palestinians.
    9- The inhabitants of Eastern parts of the country.
    10- Tribes.
    11- Aljazeera
    12- Alarabia TV
    13- BBC

I'm sure I forgot others too.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #171
    HRW: Death Toll Up to at Least 233 Over Four Days

The estimated death toll from four days of protests in cities across Libya has risen to at least 233 according to information from hospital sources in Libya, Human Rights Watch said today. From Benghazi, staff at Al Jalaa hospital said they recorded 50 dead on February 20, 2011, while the 7 October hospital reported another 10 dead the same day, giving a total of 60 killed in Benghazi on February 20. This raises the overall death toll from protests in five Libyan cities to 233 since February 17. Human Rights Watch was unable to contact two other hospitals in Benghazi.

(New York) - The African Union and African, Western, and Arab countries that have relations with Libya should urge the Libyan government to stop the unlawful killing of protesters, Human Rights Watch said today. In the last three days, the death toll of protesters reported to Human Rights Watch by hospital staff and other sources has reached at least 173.

Accounts of the use of live ammunition by security forces, including machine gun fire, against protesters near the Katiba in Benghazi on February 19, 2011, resulting in dozens of deaths and injuries, raise serious concern that the authorities are using unjustified and unlawful force. The government has shut down all internet communications in the country, and arrested Libyans who have given phone interviews to the media, making it extremely difficult to obtain information on developments there.

"A potential human rights catastrophe is unfolding in Libya as protesters brave live gunfire and death for a third day running," said Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch. "Libya is trying to impose an information blackout, but it can't hide a massacre."

Eyewitnesses told Human Rights Watch that at least 10,000 protesters are protesting in the streets of Benghazi on February 20, after the funerals of the 84 protesters shot dead the day before.

According to witnesses who spoke to Human Rights Watch, the violence started on February 19 after thousands of protesters had gathered for funeral prayers of 14 of the protesters shot dead by security forces the day before. Followed by thousands of protesters, the funeral procession walked from the square in front of the Benghazi court to the Hawari cemeteries. On the way the marchers passed the Katiba El Fadil Bu Omar, a complex that includes one of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's residences and is heavily guarded by state security officers.

Three eyewitnesses confirmed that the security officers in distinctive uniform with yellow berets fired indiscriminately on protesters. One protester, A.G., told Human Rights Watch, "it was at this stage that they opened fire on us. We were walking along peacefully but were chanting angrily against the regime and Gaddafi."

Another lawyer who was at the protests said to Human Rights Watch, "I could see the men with yellow berets shooting at us with live gunfire, and dozens fell to the ground. This went on for a long period of time, and I left with the injured to the hospital." Later in the afternoon, Human Rights Watch spoke to another protester who said he had left the area because "anyone who goes near the Katiba is shot." In the evening, thousands of protesters were still gathered in front of the Benghazi courthouse.

Human Rights Watch spoke to a senior medical official at Al Jalaa hospital in Beghazi who said the dead started coming in at 3:00 p.m. and that by the end of the day, he had received 23 bodies. By the morning of February 20, the number of dead who arrived at the hospital had risen to 70. He said the deaths and the vast majority of those injured showed gunshot wounds of 4cm x 4cm sustained to the head, neck, and shoulders. Medical officials at Hawari hospital in Benghazi told Human Rights Watch that they had received 14 bodies, Human Rights Watch also confirmed the death of at least one protester in Misrata on February 19, bringing the total number of those killed on February 19 to 85. Human Rights Watch calculates the total dead in four days of protests at 173.

Human Rights Watch calls on the African Union, the European Union, France, Italy, the United Kingdom, the United States, and other governments with ties to Libya to:

•Publicly demand an end to unlawful use of force against peaceful protesters;
    •Announce that those responsible for serious violations of international human rights law must be held individually accountable and will be subjected to appropriate measures;
    •Impose an embargo on all exports of arms and security equipment to Libya; and
    •Tell Libya to restore access to the internet.
    The Libyan government cut access to the internet on February 19 and had not restored service on February 20. Craig Labovitz, Chief Scientist at Arbor Networks, an international network security provider, confirmed that internet traffic in Libya dropped to zero on February 19 at 2:00 a.m. in Libya.

A lawyer told Human Rights Watch that early on February 19, security officers had arrested Abdelhafiz Ghogha, one of the most prominent lawyers in Benghazi who represented the families of those killed in 1996 in Abu Salim prison, bringing the total number of activists, lawyers and former political prisoners arrested since the demonstrations began to at least 17.

"In 1996, Libyan authorities killed 1,200 prisoners on one day in Abu Salim and they still haven't acknowledged doing anything wrong that day," said Whitson. "Today the Libyan government has shown the world that it is still using ruthless brutality against its population."

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2011/02/20/libya-governments-should-demand-end-unlawful-killings

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003

You know the story behind this... I'll tell you, it's even more hilarious, not many know this...

Gaddafi son, Saif was in Swiss for some couple of weeks for vacation, he went to a Piano Lebanese bar where my uncle is the Manager there and he runs it in the absence of the Director who's always traveling.

Gaddafi was given some VIP place there and as the evening went by he eventually drank a lot and started hitting at some girls, one of them was a Belgium-Swiss girl or something like this, he invited her by force to his table she pretended she wasn't listening then he went to her as drunk as he was grabbed her by the hand and asked her again to join him, she pushed him away and then immediately made a phone call to 911, it's when the police grabbed his ass and jailed him for couple of days, when they grabbed him he was like you don't know who I am, you will all regret this :lol: he threatened the director, manager(my uncle), chief of police the girls and everyone :lol:

This was when his father attacked Switzerland and said that if they don't release his son he will attack them :lol2:

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
    Jul 4, 2008
    You know the story behind this... I'll tell you, it's even more hilarious, not many know this...

Gaddafi son, Saif was in Swiss for some couple of weeks for vacation, he went to a Piano Lebanese bar where my uncle is the Manager there and he runs it in the absence of the Director who's always traveling.

Gaddafi was given some VIP place there and as the evening went by he eventually drank a lot and started hitting at some girls, one of them was a Belgium-Swiss girl or something like this, he invited her by force to his table she pretended she wasn't listening then he went to her as drunk as he was grabbed her by the hand and asked her again to join him, she pushed and then immediately made a phone call to 911, it's when the police grabbed his ass and jailed him for couple of days, when they grabbed him he was like you don't know who I am, you will all regret this :lol: he threatened the director, manager(my uncle), chief of police the girls and everyone :lol:

This was when his father attacked Switzerland and said that if they don't release his son he will attack them :lol2:
    :lol: What a bunch of clowns this family.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #174

Gaddafi was given some VIP place there and as the evening went by he eventually drank a lot and started hitting at some girls, one of them was a Belgium-Swiss girl or something like this, he invited her by force to his table she pretended she wasn't listening then he went to her as drunk as he was grabbed her by the hand and asked her again to join him, she pushed and then immediately made a phone call to 911, it's when the police grabbed his ass and jailed him for couple of days, when they grabbed him he was like you don't know who I am, you will all regret this :lol: he threatened the director, manager(my uncle), chief of police the girls and everyone :lol:

It was his son Hannibal not Saif, Rab.

But this is the first time, I hear the whole story :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Yesterday, he blamed the next categories:

1- Drunk people
    2- Egyptians
    3- Tunisians
    4- Illegal Immegrants from Africa.
    5- Canada.
    6- Islamic Radicals.
    7- Imperialists like Britain and USA.
    8- Palestinians.
    9- The inhabitants of Eastern parts of the country.
    10- Tribes.
    11- Aljazeera
    12- Alarabia TV
    13- BBC

I'm sure I forgot others too.
    :D oh yeah.

14- Drug dealers.
    15- People on ecstasy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)