Libya 2011 Demonstrations (14 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
You couldn't have written a script like this.

I get this strange feeling when I see a powerful evil person dead. It's not joy and def. not sorry, but it doesn't feel good. I think it's because you convince yourself these people are indestructible. They're not though. All of them will meet their just end.
So true my friend so true

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You couldn't have written a script like this.

I get this strange feeling when I see a powerful evil person dead. It's not joy and def. not sorry, but it doesn't feel good. I think it's because you convince yourself these people are indestructible. They're not though. All of them will meet their just end.
Never in my wildest dreams did i imagine this day will ever come.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,963
    I still think that all of this is related to all the other countries cases. For example, if Libyan resistants saw that Mubarak is seriously trialed after the revolution, they might have not killed Qathafi to see the result of the trial, but because they saw that trials are a very big joke they killed him immediately.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Also another point is, in Libya he has some crazy and very loyal supporters that will still fight and try to free him if he's alive. Him being alive would have seriously affected the country's stability.

Also the fact that it was Misrata rebels that caught him, contributed a lot. Misrata is the city that suffered the most in the revolution, almost half their population was either killed, or wounded. Not to mention they were the city with the most reported rape cases, the stories that came out of Misrata were more horrible than any other Libyan city. They deserved to be the ones to get him in the end after all the sacrifices they made.

I bet if it were Tripoli rebels that got him, they probably would have taken him to a hospital alive.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    completely different scenario
    How so?

Also another point is, in Libya he has some crazy and very loyal supporters that will still fight and try to free him if he's alive. Him being alive would have seriously affected the country's stability.
    Many of the suicidebombers in Iraq now are Saddam's loyal supporters. They are affecting the country's stability as well.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Saddam is dead though, many of his loyal supporters are tearing shit up in Iraq. I pray that Libya makes it.
    Completely different scenario's as Deneb said. I think Saddam is a terrible dictator, that is probably the only Arab worst than Gedaffi, but the alternative in Iraq was not better than Saddam's time. Not to mention, it was the Americans that caught Saddam not the Iraqi's, and then you have all the ethnic and sectarian divisions. Libya is a completely different case
    any of his sons were with him?
    With him when he was caught no. Only a few bodyguards. A lot were killed before they found Gedaffi so only a handful remained with him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    How so?

Many of the suicidebombers in Iraq now are Saddam's loyal supporters. They are affecting the country's stability as well.
    Like i said, in Iraq there wasn't a Iraqi insurgency against Saddam. It was an invasion of a foreign army, how is that comparable to Libya where Libyans were the ones fighting on the ground, Libyans were the ones that started the whole revolution, a complete month before coalition forces intervened. Libyans were the ones that caught and eventually executed Gedaffi. Also, the fact that Gedaffi had tens of thousands of mercenaries fighting with him shows you he really doesn't have that much support from Libyans.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,971

Also the fact that it was Misrata rebels that caught him, contributed a lot. Misrata is the city that suffered the most in the revolution, almost half their population was either killed, or wounded. Not to mention they were the city with the most reported rape cases, the stories that came out of Misrata were more horrible than any other Libyan city. They deserved to be the ones to get him in the end after all the sacrifices they made.

I bet if it were Tripoli rebels that got him, they probably would have taken him to a hospital alive.
    I agree.

How so?

Saddam's supporters have nothing to do with the suicide bombers as they don't believe in that. I think you're mixing between them and Alqaeda there.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I agree.

Saddam's supporters have nothing to do with the suicide bombers as they don't believe in that. I think you're mixing between them and Alqaeda there.
    This is true. Are you forgetting Saddam and his supporters were secularists, you don't get many secularist suicide bombers, do you?

Its become a Sunni-Shiite thing, thats why some lines are blurred, and it might look sometimes that al qaeda and Saddam supporters are on the same side. Normally the two are sworn enemies, but its a case of my enemy's enemy is my friend.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,974
    This is true. Are you forgetting Saddam and his supporters were secularists, you don't get many secularist suicide bombers, do you?

Its become a Sunni-Shiite thing, thats why some lines are blurred, and it might look sometimes that al qaeda and Saddam supporters are on the same side. Normally the two are sworn enemies, but its a case of my enemy's enemy is my friend.
    Right.

Do you think this will have a big effect on Syria Abed?
    I hope so. I loved a celebrating video from one of Homs neighborhoods tonight that shows how much people there are glad and enthusiastic because of news in Libya. The idiot was an old ally for the Syrian criminal and with his father before him. People will definitely have a great motivation because they will think that as long as it succeeds in other countries, it can be done in their backyard.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Right.

I hope so. I loved a celebrating video from one of Homs neighborhoods tonight that shows how much people there are glad and enthusiastic because of news in Libya. The idiot was an old ally for the Syrian criminal and with his father before him. People will definitely have a great motivation because they will think that as long as it succeeds in other countries, it can be done in their backyard.
    The greatest dream is Palestine getting fully liberated!

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,976
    The greatest dream is Palestine getting fully liberated!
    That is too far away, bro, as we currently have so many differences within our politicians. We have some good people, but it is so bad that the worst characters are those who are imposed on us to represent us in front of the world. To be honest, I'm not optimistic to see the liberation during my life. That is why I'm planning to make continuous awareness campaigns about homeland to my daughter :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Gaddafi once farted his way through a BBC interview, veteran reporter John Simpson said. Simpson, who had interviewed the Libyan dictator numerous times over the past few decades, wrote in his 2001 book A Mad World, My Masters:

"That evening, as I began to write my account of the interview, Bob knocked on my door. I know him well, and love him dearly, and could see that something was up. 'There's something funny about the interview,' he said. He'd been watching it on the portable monitor in his room. Oh Christ, I thought: he means there's tape damage, or electronic interference. I remembered an interview I once did in a military base in Iraq, which was so crackling with electronic gadgets of different kinds that the material we shot was unusable.

"'Nothing like that,' Bob said. 'Gaddafi was making noises, that's all.' 'Whatever are you on about? What kind of noises?' 'Kind of personal ones.' He looked away.

"As I say, I know Bob. He is a very modest man, especially where bodily functions are concerned. 'What, stomach rumblings?' Borborygmi can be a nuisance in a television interview. 'No, worse than that.' 'What, farting?'

"Now I'd embarrassed him. He nodded, wordlessly. 'Look, that's absolutely stupid, Bob. I was sitting opposite him. If he'd been farting I'd have heard it. You're imagining it.' 'Well, listen to the tape.'

"I listened. There was absolutely no doubt about it. The personal microphone which Bob had pinned on [Gaddafi] had picked it up very clearly. The wind passage lasted for about ten minutes of our half-hour interview. [Gaddafi] would rise up a little in his seat, the thunder would roll for fifteen or twenty seconds at a time, and then he would sink back into his seat with a pleased expression on his face. It may have happened to me before without my knowledge, but never, I think, in so concentrated and elaborate a fashion."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/the-cra...ond-villain-20111021-1mbfw.html#ixzz1bNicWOOS
    :rofl:

What a fucking clown

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Good that you reminded me of it.

In the start of the revolution, Gedaffi sent a couple of thousand mercenaries to Benghazi to suppress the revolution. These mercenaries were mostly black or negroid people, at this point, Gedaffi still hadn't started recruiting mercenaries from other African countries, but he recruited African immigrants mostly from the South to fight for him. Also another thing that should be noted is, Gedaffi recruiting Africans is not recent, he started doing this in the 80's after he split up the Libyan army(he was scared of them becoming too powerful) from then he used to bring in Africans, put them in military bases, indoctrinate them and train them to fight, these Africans were given the Libyan nationality. The result was that Libya didn't have a real organized army, it had separate battalions that consisted mostly of Africans, but the Africans were all fighters, the officers, commanders etc were all Libyan.

So anyway, he sent a huge number of Africans, some of them with actual African nationalities and others were the ones i referred to above, with Libyan nationalities. One thing you have to know about Benghazi is, this revolution was expected, they attempted a similar one in 2009 and one more well known in 2006, where over 50 were killed. So when the Arab spring started, Gedaffi knew all along this was coming. He had plans ready to send in mercenaries to Benghazi and suppress it harder than he did in 2009 and 2006. He knew there will be more people protesting, but what you have to understand is that in 2006 the estimates were a couple of thousand went out to protest, in 2009 it didn't even reach a thousand, so Gedaffi expected maybe 7-8k at most. Instead tens of thousands took the streets in 17th february, even more in the 18th and more in the 19th, more than half of Benghazi was out in the streets, in the first few days the mercenaries did unspeakable things, from killing to rape, to stealing, to torturing the ones they arrested. People were absolutely boiling, and when the 19th came, and tens of thousands took the streets, their goal was one thing and one thing only, hunt down the mercenaries one after the other. Terrible things happened, they outnumbered the mercenaries, and there were lots of cases where they'd catch a mercenary, some would try to arrest him, while the vast majority couldn't control themselves and they'd be beaten to death. In some cases they'd catch them, and hang them over a high building, some were shot at after they were did, some were decapitated, horrible, horrible stuff happened in the first few days in both Benghazi and Misrata.

After that, the transitional national council was formed, and now the rebels had someone to represent them, of course the transitional national council wanted to be recognized as the official representative of the people. The first thing they did was to try and organize the rebels, instead of thousands of angry people taking the streets with sticks, knives, ropes and stuff like that, they wanted to make an army. When the transitional national council was formed, there was a lot of defection from army personnel, which made the rebels have open access to weapons and such. Anyway, the transitional council forbid the sort of things that were happening to the mercenaries, and those heinous things that were happening to the mercenaries in the first few days were stopped.

Still, black Africans, and black Libyans of African origin were then employed everywhere in Libya. But discriminatory cases against blacks never reached the height of killing or torture after a few days. What did happen in a few cities, was that many blacks were wrongly assumed to be fighting with Gedaffi, and arrested for nothing, but thats as far as it went later on in the revolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)