Libya 2011 Demonstrations (10 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #642
    8 British soldiers were parachuting near Benghazi when the rebels captured them. British government are laughably saying that they were sent in a diplomatic mission. One of the leaders of rebels refused to free them and said that those maybe Israeli mercenaries. He said: "Let's not forget that those who killed Mabhouh in Dubai were holding British passports too".

Too stupid to do that, British government. Now, let's see what you can do to convince people there. I doubt anybody in the Middle East would be convinced with any execuse you will give. I hope rebels will not be so merciful with those soldiers in order to give the Western soldiers an indication that they will not be welcomed with flowers when they come to our lands.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    A big no no to foreign invasion. We're clever enough to know that nothing is free in this world, like an economist would tell you, theres no such thing as a free lunch. Nobody's going to help you out of the kindness of their hearts. So thank you very much international community, but we don't want any military intervention.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #644
    A doctor at Misrata hospital has told Reuters that at least 18 people were killed in fighting between government and rebel forces, with many wounded. Earlier, the news agency quoted residents as saying that rebels repelled a government attack backed by tanks and artillery. Misrata lies 125 miles east of Tripoli.

Anyway, today saw so violent clashes on many fronts, and the airstrikes continued mainly on Ras Lanuf city and Zawiya. Thugs took Bin Jawad town back while rebels took Al-Nawfaleyya.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #646
    8 British soldiers were parachuting near Benghazi when the rebels captured them. British government are laughably saying that they were sent in a diplomatic mission. One of the leaders of rebels refused to free them and said that those maybe Israeli mercenaries. He said: "Let's not forget that those who killed Mabhouh in Dubai were holding British passports too".

Too stupid to do that, British government. Now, let's see what you can do to convince people there. I doubt anybody in the Middle East would be convinced with any execuse you will give. I hope rebels will not be so merciful with those soldiers in order to give the Western soldiers an indication that they will not be welcomed with flowers when they come to our lands.
    The British soldiers have left Libya.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    What do you mean by "not be so merciful"?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #652
    After Bin Jawad town was recaptured yesterday by Qaddhafi thugs, it seems his forces there are moving east this morning trying to recapture Ras Lanuf oil town.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007

You're getting the wrong end of the stick here, it was an MI6 secret agent with the SAS who was supposed to meet up with rebel leaders, bad communication and intelligence is the only issue. Embarrassing for the British secret services, but nothing more.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    The rebels said that they did not give any permission to anyone to come and meet with them, they tried coming in to Libya secretly. So i strongly doubt they were coming to "talk". I have no idea what there intentions were, but its quite suspicious.

Still, right now Mustafa Abdel Jalil's new temporary government cannot afford to make any enemies. We need to make friends with whomever we can. Therefore it was right to give back the British agents.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    The rebels said that they did not give any permission to anyone to come and meet with them, they tried coming in to Libya secretly. So i strongly doubt they were coming to "talk". I have no idea what there intentions were, but its quite suspicious.

Still, right now Mustafa Abdel Jalil's new temporary government cannot afford to make any enemies. We need to make friends with whomever we can. Therefore it was right to give back the British agents.
    Sounds like two sides to the same story, a case of wires crossed. Britain certainly isn't making any deliberate moves of military action, but Cameron has come under fire for looking inactive in regards to evacuating British citizens and lack of information on the ground. I doubt they'll be planning anything covert for some while.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #659
    The pan-Arab newspaper al-Sharq al-Awsat has been told by rebel sources that the government is using pilots from Syria, Algeria, Ukraine, Serbia and Romania to fly air force warplanes in an attempt to make up for the acute shortage of Libyan pilots who are refusing to obey orders. The sources say rebel fighters brought down two warplanes over Ras Lanuf and that their pilots' identity cards and accents indicated they were from Syria. The al-Tabu Front for the Salvation of Libya also claimed that dozens of Syrian soldiers had been flown in with the knowledge of the Syrian authorities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)