Libya 2011 Demonstrations (5 Viewers)

Nedvěd

"protesters are drinking pills that make them commit "animal acts". Protesters have been brainwashed by Osama bin Laden, whose people have been giving protesters these pills".
:lol:

Seriously. I would love to sip some pints and smoke dope with this dude.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I know the guy is nuts and all, but why would he do that? What's the benefit?
Ask yourself why it happened in Benghazi in particular and nowhere else, and what would the Bulgarian nurses benefit from spreading aids among Benghazi's kids??

I heard that it was because of ths high pressure on his regime at that time by all ht eWestern countries. He wanted to look like a vicitm once, and guess what: He chose the city that he hates the most to implement his dirty work at it. Some of the nurses and the doctor were not even in Libya when the injections took place, but that did not make the judges give them innocence.
Exactly.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #504
    The most important sentence by the idiot today: "Their ages are 17. They give them pills at night, they put hallucinatory pills in their drinks, their milk, their coffee, their Nescafe"

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #506
    Ask yourself why it happened in Benghazi in particular and nowhere else, and what would the Bulgarian nurses benefit from spreading aids among Benghazi's kids??

Exactly.
    How is it going, bro?

How are your relatives doing over there?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #507
    • Zawiya - as we reported earlier army units and militiamen loyal to Muammar Gaddafi attacked a mosque where protesters were holding an anti-government sit-in. Ten people were killed and around 150 wounded, according to a doctor there. Rebels had been camped at Souq mosque for days. Soldiers opened fire with automatic weapons and hit the minaret with an anti-aircraft gun, a witness said. Zawiya, which is around 40 miles west of Tripoli, is a key city near an oil port and refineries. After the attack, thousands of people rallied in Martyrs' Square by the mosque shouting "leave, leave" in reference to Gaddafi, according to the news agency.

• Misrata - Gaddafi loyalists battled with demonstrators who had seized control of the airport in Libya's third largest city, which is 125 miles east of Tripoli along the coast. Rebels claimed control of the city yesterday and today militiamen with rocket-propelled grenades and mortars fired at a line of them guarding the airport. During the fighting, the airport's defenders seized an anti-aircraft gun used by the militias and turned it against them. A medical official said two people were killed, one from each side, and five wounded. He added: "Now Misrata is totally under control of the people, but we are worried because we squeezed between Sirte and Tripoli, which are strongholds of Gaddafi."

• Tripoli - Pro-Gaddafi militiamen – a mix of Libyans and foreign mercenaries – have clamped down on the city since the Libyan leader went on state TV on Tuesday night and called on his supporters to take back the streets. Residents say militiamen roam Tripoli's main avenues, firing the air, while neighbourhood watch groups have barricaded side streets trying to keep the fighters out and protesters lay low.

• Ahmed Gadhaf al-Dam, a cousin and close aide to the Libyan leader, announced he had defected to Egypt in protest against Gaddafi's crackdown against protesters.

• Gaddafi's son Saif claimed today that the reported death tolls have been exaggerated, although he didn't provide his own figure. In a press conference aired on state TV, he said the number killed by police and the army had been limited and "talking about hundreds and thousands [killed] is a joke".

Associated Press

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #509
    Associated Press: The Swiss government is to freeze any assets belonging to Gaddafi in Switzerland

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    Breaking news: Aljazeera: There was an attempt by his mercenaries to bring Misrata city back under their control, but they failed. As a result, planes bombarded the demonstrators in the middle of the city horribly again.
    According to a Maltese blog Malta CC, Serbian military pilots reportedly took part in the bombing of protesters in the Libyan cities of Tripoli and Benghazi. This claim was made public after two Libyan pilots fled to Malta, refusing to bomb their fellow citizens participating in the Libya uprising. Serbian daily Alo reminded readers that Muammar al-Gaddafi had hired Serbian pilots before: in the 90s, in combat operations against radical Islamists, but also in actions against civilians, in support of the ground forces. In the same article, Alo revealed that Serbian mercenaries were allegedly killing protesters in the streets of Tripoli and Benghazi:

"Serbian mercenaries earn tens of thousands dollars for this job… They come from Serbia, but Bosnian and Croatian agencies are involved in recruiting for this kind of work…”Serbian legionnaires” are veterans of the conflicts in the former Yugoslavia. In addition to former members of the military and police units, the bulk of these forces are the former [”Red Berets“]… Gaddafi pays them as much as they demand! A good number of them had great-paying jobs in various African countries, but this was an offer not to be rejected. It can be expected that in the near future a lot of our contractors go with Gaddafi, who has great confidence in Serbian soldiers."

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2011/...to-the-story-of-serbian-mercenaries-in-libya/

Attachments

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    How is it going, bro?

How are your relatives doing over there?
    Still waiting for someone to put a bullet in that dog's head.

I only have an uncle in Tripoli, its been extremely hard getting in touch with him, but we finally got a hold of him today and everything is fine, the place where they live has been quite peaceful up till now.

As for the rest of my relatives and family, they live in the south, and the astounding and shocking thing, is that they have no idea about whats happening in the North, telecommunications are cut off, so is the internet, and they don't get neither Al-Jazeera nor Al-Arabiya or any of those other channels, their main source of news is Libyan state TV, i called my cousin yesterday, and he was adamant that nothing is going on in Libya, and that talk of hundreds and thousands dead was all a lie :sergio:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #512
    Still waiting for someone to put a bullet in that dog's head.

I only have an uncle in Tripoli, its been extremely hard getting in touch with him, but we finally got a hold of him today and everything is fine, the place where they live has been quite peaceful up till now.

As for the rest of my relatives and family, they live in the south, and the astounding and shocking thing, is that they have no idea about whats happening in the North, telecommunications are cut off, so is the internet, and they don't get neither Al-Jazeera nor Al-Arabiya or any of those other channels, their main source of news is Libyan state TV, i called my cousin yesterday, and he was adamant that nothing is going on in Libya, and that talk of hundreds and thousands dead was all a lie :sergio:
    I hope they will stay fine, bro...

What about Hameed? What does he think about all of this?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #513
    According to al-Jazeera, Gaddafi's supporters are trying to break into the Qatar embassy in Tripoli.

Luckily the Qatari diplomats are long gone but this is presumably a revenge attack for Qatar hosting al-Jazeera.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #514
    The Libyana mobile network has sent text messages to subscribers – presumably on the orders of the government – quoting a decree from senior Saudi cleric Sheik Saleh Fauzan not to watch sattelite channels "which broadcast rumors and incite Muslim bloodshed" such as al-Jazeera and others.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #517
    From the Guardian:

So what is Libyan state television showing this evening? According to reports, Jamahirya TV is filming from a Tripoli hospital interviewing terrified-looking patients, who all maintain that they were injured falling down stairs, tripping in the shower and so on.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Oh, i haven't heard from him in a long long time unfortunately.
    From the Guardian:

So what is Libyan state television showing this evening? According to reports, Jamahirya TV is filming from a Tripoli hospital interviewing terrified-looking patients, who all maintain that they were injured falling down stairs, tripping in the shower and so on.
    :lol:

Libyan State TV has always been a joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)