Let's kick racism out of football (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
You misunderstand me.

I had higher expectations of the Spaniards in the sense I expected them to act more swiftly to deal with this problem than Lithuania, especially since the world is watching so closely.

Social problems such as racism are linked to socio-economic conditions. As these conditions improve in Lithuania(which they are, I believe), so will education, standard of living, and a general satisfaction with life. This, combined with increased international exposure I expect will likely change cultural and social values. While racism is a problem in Lithuania(as Fli mentioned), we know how to solve it.

Spain however doesnt face such problems to such a big extent, so Im not sure what the cause of the problem is, and how it will be solved.

Im still not sure I explained myself well enough

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lithuania maybe has a lot more problems than racism right now, but historically the nation has not fared well at all in the tolerance department over the past century. Maybe they're not as xenophobic as many of the East Asian nations, but -- as an example -- Vilnius has notably gone from perhaps the Jewish intellectual capital of Europe to a city where there are no Jews to be found.

While I agree I am more concerned about football racism in Spain than in Lithuania, it's not like Lithuania is running a clean sheet. When they are economically viable enough to encourage immigration rather than emigration, the nation is going to have to face a lot of the ugly truths among many of its citizens.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I am very dispointed from spain and the people there.. I knew a boy from spain so times ago, he was all the time saying these n**** .... It was normal for him to say that.. I asked him every time why he is saying that.. he said they allways use that.. I told him that I don´t want to hear that.. if he can not, he should better not speak with me..

The spanish federation must have sacked aragonis.. if that was in England or any other country in Europe, he was gonna be sacked.. Hodlle was sacked as coach of england for simillar reasons, well not about black people, but you know what I mean

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
if roma had to play all thier matches behind closed doors with the throwing incident, the same thing has to be done to madrid. it has to stop but has fifa got the bottle to do it.

theres been a lot of talk that the arsenal game vs psv tonight could have more racism. last time these too teams played racism did occur. so we have to wait if it does happen again.

last weekend in the prem (where they have done very hard to try and crack down on their racism and they know its not gone in england) a racised chant was given to dwight york at his own club blackburn. but the fan was caught and admitted to it and was fined and given 5YEARS BAN FROM ANY GAME TO WATCH LIVE - well done the prem.

but what really annoyed me was that on tele after the eng vs spain game, an english news station went to a spanish bar and some supporters said that theres no racism problem in spain, if they all think this in spain its not going to go away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)