Les Bleus (1 Viewer)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
What can I say? It will take another goalless campaign for France in the first round of the WC to seal Zidane and Makelele permanently.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
That's wonderful news for the French. They may not be as youthful as they once were, but Makelele and Zidane are still world class players.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
can't help but feel it's a backward step, sure they're great players but I think it's wrong to turn your back on your country then come crawling back, but if the french are cool with it then it's ok I guess

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
What is it? The French are re-building the squad that brought them glories in 1998 and 2000?

It's been too long. That team is gone. You just have to build a new one.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
What is it? The French are re-building the squad that brought them glories in 1998 and 2000?

It's been too long. That team is gone. You just have to build a new one.
agree 100% man, that team's gone, doesn't send out a good message to the young french players either trying to get into the side

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Thuram to follow Zidane's lead
Thursday 4 August, 2005

Zinedine Zidane has revealed there is "no doubt" that Juventus defender Lillian Thuram will also return to the French national team.

Zidane announced his and Claude Makelele's intention to rejoin Les Bleus on Wednesday, and confirmed on Thursday that fellow veteran Thuram would be following suit.

The former Monaco and Parma right-back memorably catapulted France into the 1998 World Cup Final by scoring both goals in the 2-1 semi-final victory over Croatia - still his only international goals.

However, like Zidane and Makelele, Thuram quit the national team in the wake of harsh criticism following a disappointing Euro 2004 campaign.

Thuram is currently France's second-most capped player having made 103 appearances for Les Bleus, level with former skipper Didier Deschamps and 13 behind record-holder Marcel Desailly.

Football Italia

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
:mad:

I was enjoying to see them strugling
same here :sad: now we will see them be good again. Thuram also will play for le blös too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)