Les Bleus (2 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #34
    It is true actually for a player with his age, not to forget how essential he is for Juventus.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The France NT is starting to look like Kiss with all this "reunion tour" spirit going around.

I can't wait to see Thuram breathe fire and Zidane spit blood.

Just as long as they don't do it wearing spandex outfits exposing their aging, paunchy midriffs. :yuck:

Marion

Jul 3, 2005
    I think they have mid-aged crisis... Besides Zidane already has some hair extinction :angel:
    Let the old men play then eveyone would be winner maybe not the score but who wouldn't like to see living legend in action!

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
    yeah, leave them to it but there's something strange about all these players returning in the twilight of their careers to take on even greater playing demands, maybe capello is planning to use thuram sparingly next season, unlikely as it seems, he may have a new centre back up his sleeve!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Brian Kerr, manager of the Republic of Ireland international football team, has reacted to France's recent reactivation of Makelele, Zidane and Thuram with a few recalls of his own. The midfield will see a boost with both Leeds legend Johnny Giles and former Arsenal and Juventus star Liam Brady coming back into the international fold.

"Ye, de bleedin French, they only went and brought back Zidane and Male... Makellee... that Chelsea lad, so I taut dat we wud need some bleedin reinforcements too. I gave Johnny and Liam a call, and dey were mad up for it," said Kerr, when asked for comment, before pouring water on rumours that Paul McGrath would be making a come-back too, "Paul, I've bin havin a bit of trouble findin Paul. Someone saw him in a bar in Waterford, but I'm not bleedin arsed chasin him down dere. We'll make do with Richard Dunne."

=======================

I'm rather looking forward to the French game now. I can't see them playing like a co-ordinated team on this notice. Quality tells, but so does age. Keane can handle Zidane, and Makelele's no threat. At worst, he'll keep Kilbane quiet, which is not exactly hard. Thuram could be more of an issue, but I don't think it'll make much real difference.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    I'm rather looking forward to the French game now. I can't see them playing like a co-ordinated team on this notice.
    They're not coordinated, haven't been for a long time. Can't even remember the last match they won, was it England at Euro04? :dontcare:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    They're not coordinated, haven't been for a long time. Can't even remember the last match they won, was it England at Euro04? :dontcare:
    I assume they've beaten the Faroe Islands or Cyprus at this stage in the group. They haven't beaten anyone even half decent since... well, I guess it depends on what you think of England. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)