Leonardo Spinazzola (17 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Competition is probably going to get the best out of Sandro, His best performances were when he was competing with Evra
and his worst performances came when he was competing with asabob :seven:

i agree that sandro is still a very good defender, 60 minutes of spina excellence wouldn't change that. also this offensive, wingback-like role that spina played yesterday would suit sandro fine, too. let's stick to this hybrid 4-3-3/3-5-2 for a while, and it should benefit spazzolino, sandy and the team too.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I wouldn't be that quick to write off Alex Sandro just now. He also looked much better in the more attacking lineup we played against Udinese. The back three gives the fullbacks more attacking freedom. But it's nice to have some competition going on at the LB spot.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
His striding style and the way he kicks the ball past the defenders and chases it...reminded me of Zambrotta

I agree with Dai, Alex Sandro is still a great player, and if we are to play this almost hybrid 4-3-3/3-4-3 formation, he’ll suit it well as there is way less defending for him to do.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
One of the main reasons why we played such a good football against Atletico was the presence of Spinazzola on the pitch and the absence of Alex Sandro.
Undoubtely. If it wasnt for Spina and Berna´s movements, we would have not qualified. Thats how important they were.

The Marcelo joke is not too far from the truth. He is nowhere near Marcelo in terms of career story and is not proven... but damn son.... if his last game isnt a signal to play him more and do not waste money on a 30 years old,,,,, then i dont know what it is.

Maybe things should be this way. With Marcelo chosing to stay with Zidane, maybe Spinazzola was destined for this in Juventus.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He's naturally right footed though isn't he, so LB isn't his natural position anyway?
Well he hit a first time cross with his left that is on par with Alex Sandro's left, so he seems comfortable there. There's no question that his ability to cut onto his right foot like a pacey winger is a huge, huge advantage for our attack.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Guy seems to be a late bloomer. It happens, i hope he can play close to that level frequently

Spinna, Sandro, Cancelo, De Sciglio : Thats quite a young and pacy fullback selection. I like it alot

He-Man

Mar 1, 2013
Easy. After Sandro 1st season , we also thought that we had TOP3 left in the world. Spinazzola played only 2 matches.Easy, calmly. Sandro is still a level higher than Italian boy.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
'Spinazzola same level as Alex Sandro'
By Football Italia staff

Leonardo Spinazzola “is on the same level as Alex Sandro” and Inter’s Matteo Politano has “unusual characteristics for Italy,” said agent Davide Lippi.
The 3-0 win over Atletico Madrid was Spinazzola’s Champions League debut, but he made a great impression for Juventus.
“I am not surprised by Spinazzola’s performance against Atletico, as I know his quality,” Lippi told Radio Sportiva.
“Spinazzola is a first choice at Juventus, as we all know there are 18 first choice players in that team. Leonardo is on the same level as Alex Sandro.”
Lippi, the son of former Italy Coach Marcello, also represents Inter winger Politano.
“Matteo is a player with unusual qualities and characteristics for Italy, the kind we usually struggle to find in our players. He is quick, can beat his man, is having a great campaign at Inter and deserves the Nazionale.
“He did well to adapt straight away to the pressures of a big club. I don’t think Inter will let him get away and expect no problems with buying him outright from Sassuolo.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)