Leonardo Spinazzola (6 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
De Sciglio's injury was a blessing. Spinazzola had an excellent game. I don't know if he's an excellent, or mediocre player, but he's definitely technical and a much better attacker than De Sciglio. Yesterday he was exactly what we needed, and if we had De Sciglio, even if Allegri wanted to be more attacking, the very fact that Cancelo was gonna play a LWB and De Sciglio a RWB was gonna hurt us.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
To be honest, I'm not shocked with this performance of his. Anyone who watched Serie A in recent years must have seen this guy. If I remember correctly he started his career as a winger. So yeah the guy is awesome at attacking, good dribbling and crossing. But as a FB in a 4 man defense, he's exposed a lot, Cancelo style. That's why Allegri will barely ever consider playing both at the same time.

I've been a fan of Spina for a long time but he has to improve his defending and positioning. Also, he must stay fit. It's better not to play him too much, let him collect minutes until the end of the season but allow to have him stay healthy. From next season onward, there shall be no sign of that nasty injury :)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Spina hasn't changed one bit since I first saw his YouTube clips: take on defenders most of the time. So much that he sometimes gets dispossessed on the wing when his teammates are waiting for his passes/crosses. I see why Allegri prefers AS. But his playing style caused Atletico defenders lots of troubles tonight.
Yeah, and Sandro never drags the ball, isnt a slow thinker, and doesnt get dispossed countless times. At least Spinazzola bas an excus3, he is being played as an inverted full back so it is only natural that he will more likely try to go past defenders rather than cross the ball straight away with his weaker foot. Sandro should stay thr fuck away from our starting line up untill he gets his head straight. Spinazzola is our best LB at the moment.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Spazzolino :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

De Sciglio's injury was a blessing. Spinazzola had an excellent game. I don't know if he's an excellent, or mediocre player, but he's definitely technical and a much better attacker than De Sciglio. Yesterday he was exactly what we needed, and if we had De Sciglio, even if Allegri wanted to be more attacking, the very fact that Cancelo was gonna play a LWB and De Sciglio a RWB was gonna hurt us.
totally a blessing without De Sciglio injured Allegri would never pick him against Atletico

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
He is great. Allegri has relied on him too little but at least included him on the CL list in the end. If he plays like then he is clearly better than Alex Sandro. More games are needed to really know though, and see if he can last 90 minutes playing like this, and still make it back to defend.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Technically he is fantastic as well, he is a smart player which I like
Seems to know when to go for the dribble and when to not, his passing is quite good as well

Hopefully a sign of things to come

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Technically he is fantastic as well, he is a smart player which I like
Seems to know when to go for the dribble and when to not, his passing is quite good as well

Hopefully a sign of things to come
Exactly. He seems to be technical and is a quick thinker when dribbling time comes.
I simply love it

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Personally not ready to write Alex Sandro off yet like some, but this guy certainly offers a lot of competition for both Alex Sandro and Cancelo. Was just amazing yesterday.
Competition is probably going to get the best out of Sandro, His best performances were when he was competing with Evra

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Personally not ready to write Alex Sandro off yet like some, but this guy certainly offers a lot of competition for both Alex Sandro and Cancelo. Was just amazing yesterday.
Safe to say that both will be injured 50% of the time each

I've always been a fan of cutting down redundant positions in favour of lacking positions but Spazzolino has to prove himself, aside from being injure prone

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Competition is probably going to get the best out of Sandro, His best performances were when he was competing with Evra
Or, we could save ourself the trouble and sell AS before he declines (lolzilian, already 28 yo). Then get Alaba as vice Spina and we good

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Sandro is so one dimensional going forward and his right foot is non existent. Spina is much more dynamic. Don’t know about the defensive side of the ball but it’s not like Sandro is Maldini either.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
I like Spina's wing attacks long time ago. I was afraid Allegri would play Cancelo on the left and De Sciglio on the right. Lucky us De Sciglio got injured otherwise both wings would be mediocre and the rain of crosses plan wouldn't be effective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)