Leonardo Spinazzola (9 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He was out with a very serious injury until November or so... and who knows how long it was before he was legitimately match fit and ready to play regularly. Also considering how much everyone tapped over Sandro's short-term return to form, Allegri would have been crucified if Spinazzola had performed poorly while he was still finding fitness and form. This is probably one of the more understandable cases of Allegri's babying new players.
I am talking mostly in the near term, right after we saw that he was a good player, in January. He went a month without playing a single minute even after that. We had 5 matches in a row, three against Frosinone, Bologna, Sassuolo and he never played. But MDS played every single one of those games.

So the choice was clearly MDS over Spinazzola and now here we are predictably relying on Spinazzola. I think he should have got into one or two of those matches minimum. It's just so poor and unnecessary to keep him out for a month. Even if Allegri thinks MDS is better for whatever reason, surely you work in the substitute somewhere.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I am talking mostly in the near term, right after we saw that he was a good player, in January. He went a month without playing a single minute even after that. We had 5 matches in a row, three against Frosinone, Bologna, Sassuolo and he never played. But MDS played every single one of those games.

So the choice was clearly MDS over Spinazzola and now here we are predictably relying on Spinazzola. I think he should have got into one or two of those matches minimum. It's just so poor and unnecessary to keep him out for a month. Even if Allegri thinks MDS is better for whatever reason, surely you work in the substitute somewhere.
Did MdS play on the left? I can’t even remember anymore, he’s such a forgettable fullback :lol2:

Spinazzola could have played more in February... but again, I’m not really upset about how we’ve handled him after seeing how Florenzi and others have redone their knees when jumping back into too heavy a load, too soon.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
What a difference he is making in the left. This is what I have been expecting from AS for the past few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)