Leonardo Spinazzola (35 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's... no. What a wrong way to look at it.

He started playing for us in late August, or September. That's 9th month.
What. Season starts on like the 20th of August most years (August 19th this year, August 20th last year). His birthday is December 10th. So 10 days shy of 4 months into the season. Not in the slightest turning 29 right as the season starts as you and others keep implying. We're 15-16 match days into the season and even CL group stage finishes before his birthday ffs.

You are ignoring all this to suit your agenda. And now you're trying to knock a month off the start of the season to make it seem like he was closer to 29 than he actually was. Saying we bought a 29 year old, so as to attempt to make it look worse, when the guy was 5 months away from 29 when we bought him is utter nonsense, and quite frankly ridiculous.

Y'all need to give the negativity and whining a rest. It's pathetic.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What. Season starts on like the 20th of August most years (August 19th this year). His birthday is December 10th. So 10 days shy of 4 months into the season. Not in the slightest turning 29 right as the season starts as you and others keep implying. CL group stage finishes before his birthday.

You are ignoring all this to suit your agenda. And now you're trying to knock a month off the start of the season to make it seem like he was closer to 29 than he actually was. Saying we bought a 29 year old, so as to attempt to make it look worse, when the guy was 5 months away from 29 when we bought him is utter nonsense, and quite frankly ridiculous.

Y'all need to give the negativity and whining a rest. It's pathetic.
My point was that we bought him when he had 28 years and 8 months. Almost 9.

It has nothing to do with whining. I love Higuain. But this looks to me like we bought a 29yo.

Let me argue birthdays! I actually need to be on your side, man. Because I'm turning 27 TODAY. And I don't wanna feel old!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't know how you can factually argue about him being 28 when we signed him :lol:

It's like me trying to argue that if we signed Matuidi now he is really 29 because he only turned 30 four months ago.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But you're changing the goalposts every post. First you said he was 29. Then you said a couple months shy. Now it turns out the season starts basically 4 months before his birthday. Add to that a season is only 9 months long, (9.5 of you play CL final), and the guy is still 28 for 4 months of a 9 month season.

He was 28 when we bought him, clear as daylight. Arguing otherwise is just making stuff up. He made over 20 appearances in a Juve shirt before he turned 29.

- - - Updated - - -

This forum is an absolute joke this summer. Every player we buy is a scrub or a reject. We're a shit team that is going to get embarrassed by anyone good. Our coach is brainless. Our management has no balls and is clueless how to improve the team. And to top it all off, now we're randomly saying players are older than they actually are by several months.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
But you're changing the goalposts every post. First you said he was 29. Then you said a couple months shy. Now it turns out the season starts basically 4 months before his birthday. Add to that a season is only 9 months long, (9.5 of you play CL final), and the guy is still 28 for 4 months of a 9 month season.

He was 28 when we bought him, clear as daylight. Arguing otherwise is just making stuff up. He made over 20 appearances in a Juve shirt before he turned 29.

- - - Updated - - -

This forum is an absolute joke this summer. Every player we buy is a scrub or a reject. We're a shit team that is going to get embarrassed by anyone good. Our coach is brainless. Our management has no balls and is clueless how to improve the team. And to top it all off, now we're randomly saying players are older than they actually are by several months.
De Sciglio, Matuidi, and to a lesser extent DC are scrubs/rejects. Schick had the potential to be an exciting transfer, but it fell through. We sold our best defender, brought in a potentially exciting talent in Berna, and hopefully we can wrap up Keita to atone/compensate for the disappointment of not getting Schick. Honestly, for a team harboring ambitions of competing and trying to win the CL, the mercato has been largely underwhelming. I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
De Sciglio, Matuidi, and to a lesser extent DC are scrubs/rejects. Schick had the potential to be an exciting transfer, but it fell through. We sold our best defender, brought in a potentially exciting talent in Berna, and hopefully we can wrap up Keita to atone/compensate for the disappointment of not getting Schick. Honestly, for a team harboring ambitions of competing and trying to win the CL, the mercato has been largely underwhelming. I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.
Your posting for the last 5 years has been largely underwhelming. You predict disaster every single mercato and you're always wrong. I suppose you're playing the odds that eventually you'll be right. You will. Whether it be this year, the next, 5 years down the road. But it won't erase the fact you spewed shit about this club, its management, and the players it brings in for 5+ years and were entirely wrong each and every year.

And no Matuidi is not a scrub or reject. :lol: he's been a starter for PSG and France for years now. I don't even like the guy and would much prefer others, but what utter rubbish.

We've signed one garbage player. De Sciglio. Lost a one year rental in Alves, which was always predictable, and Bonucci went full bitch mode and decided the throw a little tantrum over the club not making him feel special enough. If we sign Matuidi, we've upgraded our midfield dramatically with Betancur and Matuidi coming in for Rincon and Lemina. While Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Betwncur, Matuidi isn't the midfield we had 3 years ago, it's a big improvement over last year. Our attack is improved with actually good wingers here now. (Yes, Berna and Costa are both good, what remains to be seen is how good). If Keita comes it is a fantastic mercato for our attack even if I can't stand his personality.

The only place we're suffering is our defensive line, but we shall see if Rugani takes that next step and what Soinazzola offers. The only unknown is our defensive line. But all through the latter half of last season this forum was clamouring for Rugani to start and claiming he was our best CB defensively. So how about we wait and see before labelling our CBs a disaster. RB is the only position on the field that is a massive worry as opposed to last year.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Your posting for the last 5 years has been largely underwhelming. You predict disaster every single mercato and you're always wrong. I suppose you're playing the odds that eventually you'll be right. You will. Whether it be this year, the next, 5 years down the road. But it won't erase the fact you spewed shit about this club, its management, and the players it brings in for 5+ years and were entirely wrong each and every year.

And no Matuidi is not a scrub or reject. :lol: he's been a starter for PSG and France for years now. I don't even like the guy and would much prefer others, but what utter rubbish.

We've signed one garbage player. De Sciglio. Lost a one year rental in Alves, which was always predictable, and Bonucci went full bitch mode and decided the throw a little tantrum over the club not making him feel special enough. If we sign Matuidi, we've upgraded our midfield dramatically with Betancur and Matuidi coming in for Rincon and Lemina. While Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Betwncur, Matuidi isn't the midfield we had 3 years ago, it's a big improvement over last year. Our attack is improved with actually good wingers here now. (Yes, Berna and Costa are both good, what remains to be seen is how good). If Keita comes it is a fantastic mercato for our attack even if I can't stand his personality.

The only place we're suffering is our defensive line, but we shall see if Rugani takes that next step and what Soinazzola offers. The only unknown is our defensive line. But all through the latter half of last season this forum was clamouring for Rugani to start and claiming he was our best CB defensively. So how about we wait and see before labelling our CBs a disaster. RB is the only position on the field that is a massive worry as opposed to last year.

We will win the treble this year and their reaction will be we should have won a quartet and we missed on the super coppa :D

Love you B81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Cuz we win the treble every year, don't we? :rolleyes:

Look, being humiliated in CL finals might be the epitome of success for some of you, but I sincerely apologize if I don't share that sentiment. We're probably going to win Serie A again (because the competition is shit, but they are closing the gap), but many domestic games have clearly highlighted our deficiencies over the past couple of seasons, but you specifically choose to ignore that.

- - - Updated - - -

Matuidi is a scrub/reject in my book. You're smarter than this. Coaches have favorites. Allegri likes De Sciglio, Conte likes his Giacherrinis, but does that make them quality players? Arguing that Matuidi is starting for France is the same as saying De Sciglio has been a staple for Italy. Matuidi is an incredibly limited footballer and has 0 technical ability. Yes, he can run and tackle, but that's about it. I'm not going to celebrate signing him. This defeatist attitude of we can't do better and there are no other options available/affordable to us is infuriating. We reached 2 CL Finals in 3 fucking years, so yes, we should be doing much better than Matuidi, De Sciglio, and even Douglas Costa. I'm satisfied with the purchase of Berna, because he's young and possesses potential, while the acquisition of someone like Keita, regardless of his antics, can be regarded as exciting. Nowhere in my post did I predict disaster; you choose to see that. I want better, and rightfully so.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Look, being humiliated in CL finals might be the epitome of success for some of you, but I sincerely apologize if I don't share that sentiment. We're probably going to win Serie A again (because the competition is shit, but they are closing the gap), but many domestic games have clearly highlighted our deficiencies over the past couple of seasons, but you specifically choose to ignore that.
you know what i mean smart ass

no, we are all equally disappointed in the final but we fucking made it to the final 2 times in 3 years and teams don't do that if they don't have a solid core squad to get them there.

no one chooses to ignore our deficiencies but we manage to overcome that almost every year.

-3 years ago our strengths were Defense and Midfield
-2 years ago our attack got better while our midfield got weaker and defense stayed the same
-last year we strengthen our attack even more but also weakened the midfield again and made our defense stronger
-this year our midfield got better as did our attack and our defense has thus far been weakened but looking to bolster it.

Spinazzola isn't Alves but he is better than both MDS and Licht quite easily so IMO and a lot of others, he will walk into the RB slot. That's the gamble you get when you start risking youth in your lineup. They sink or swim versus someone like Alves who we all know would have swam instantly which he did. Dude, our attack is ridiculous and its getting better especially if we add twitter queen to it. Blaise Matuidi for all his complete standard kind of player attributes is exactly what our midfield needs. Why do you think we have been trying to sign him for like 2 years? He is that kind of running we miss most about Vidal. He harbors a lot of those qualities but obviously isn't the same quality as Arturo.

You and a few others always seem to show disappointment everytime we sign someone that isn't a superstar? Why? We don't have the financial power of Bayerns/Real.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Look, being humiliated in CL finals might be the epitome of success for some of you, but I sincerely apologize if I don't share that sentiment. We're probably going to win Serie A again (because the competition is shit, but they are closing the gap).
Which just isn't true.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Matuidi is a scrub/reject in my book. You're smarter than this. Coaches have favorites. Allegri likes De Sciglio, Conte likes his Giacherrinis, but does that make them quality players? Arguing that Matuidi is starting for France is the same as saying De Sciglio has been a staple for Italy. Matuidi is an incredibly limited footballer and has 0 technical ability. Yes, he can run and tackle, but that's about it. I'm not going to celebrate signing him. This defeatist attitude of we can't do better and there are no other options available/affordable to us is infuriating. We reached 2 CL Finals in 3 fucking years, so yes, we should be doing much better than Matuidi, De Sciglio, and even Douglas Costa. I'm satisfied with the purchase of Berna, because he's young and possesses potential, while the acquisition of someone like Keita, regardless of his antics, can be regarded as exciting. Nowhere in my post did I predict disaster; you choose to see that. I want better, and rightfully so.
The bolded. That's exactly what we need because our CM's don't do it and you know it. Someone with 90 mins of disrupting the play is what we need so our highly technical CMs can operate further forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Which just isn't true.
Serie A has been rough but this summer its taken a leap forward for sure. We need the Milan teams and Napoli to stay strong for the league to draw more money back.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Which just isn't true.
It's slightly true, and you know it :p

Roma always self implode, and Napoli are too busy playing pretty/beautiful football to bother worrying about actually winning a title. They even failed when we gave them a huge head-start a couple of seasons ago :D

- - - Updated - - -

you know what i mean smart ass

no, we are all equally disappointed in the final but we fucking made it to the final 2 times in 3 years and teams don't do that if they don't have a solid core squad to get them there.

no one chooses to ignore our deficiencies but we manage to overcome that almost every year.

-3 years ago our strengths were Defense and Midfield
-2 years ago our attack got better while our midfield got weaker and defense stayed the same
-last year we strengthen our attack even more but also weakened the midfield again and made our defense stronger
-this year our midfield got better as did our attack and our defense has thus far been weakened but looking to bolster it.

Spinazzola isn't Alves but he is better than both MDS and Licht quite easily so IMO and a lot of others, he will walk into the RB slot. That's the gamble you get when you start risking youth in your lineup. They sink or swim versus someone like Alves who we all know would have swam instantly which he did. Dude, our attack is ridiculous and its getting better especially if we add twitter queen to it. Blaise Matuidi for all his complete standard kind of player attributes is exactly what our midfield needs. Why do you think we have been trying to sign him for like 2 years? He is that kind of running we miss most about Vidal. He harbors a lot of those qualities but obviously isn't the same quality as Arturo.

You and a few others always seem to show disappointment everytime we sign someone that isn't a superstar? Why? We don't have the financial power of Bayerns/Real.
Doesn't have to be a superstar Bro. Why Matuidi? Why not Danilo Pereira or Nzonzi? Two players who are within our range and have more to their game than the limited Frenchman. Are you trying to convince me that De Shitlio was the best we could do for RB?

Costa, even though I have my reservations about him, and Berna are good/solid acquisitions.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
GDM:
Spinna has trained on his own today,not with the rest of the team.
And rejected renewal proposal.he's pushing hard as well to come here asap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)