Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
looking at this Mikhatiryan chance, its was all up to Cuads not being there as a LB, thats why Chiello had to cover also the wind and Bonu was so exposed. Cuads should be there acting as LB.
There were numerous mistakes on the chance e.g. McKennie miscontrolling the ball and playing a slack pass to Kulu, Ramsey making no attempt to get back, Rabiot in an even better position to get back and putting in no effort.

You are right, we shouldn't have been exposed like that. But even if you take all the other mistakes out of it, Bonucci was face to face with an opposition player on the edge of our box and basically stepped out of the way to let him go 1 v 1. It is amateurish from a defender and embarrassing.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
There were numerous mistakes on the chance e.g. McKennie miscontrolling the ball and playing a slack pass to Kulu, Ramsey making no attempt to get back, Rabiot in an even better position to get back and putting in no effort.

You are right, we shouldn't have been exposed like that. But even if you take all the other mistakes out of it, Bonucci was face to face with an opposition player on the edge of our box and basically stepped out of the way to let him go 1 v 1. It is amateurish from a defender and embarrassing.
Amateurish defending indeed. I think he was important for us last 2 seasons, especially with all the injuries with Sarri. But at 33 years of age, it’s time to introduce Demiral or De Ligt in his position this year.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If we play a system where he is constantly having to defend opponents running at him then we are in serious trouble. Only De Ligt and Demiral from our defenders are capable of dealing with this, and he is the absolute worst of the bunch.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I seriously don't understand why he does that? Why not face him instead of trying to tackle with his ass?
What baffles me is that it never worked for him to keep doing it. Never. I guess it's impossible to teach him not to do it now at 33.

Bonucci's weakness is 1-on-1s and with Pirlo opting to defend with a highline, we're gonna see a lot of these.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Do we even need a CB who is better at passing than defending?

When De Ligt is back he is more than capable with the ball. If we play Arthur and Bentancur both of them are good enough passers. We then have Cuadrado and Alex Sandro on the wings who can pass too.

It's not like Chiellini (last night was not a great example) and Danilo are bad with the ball either. Szczesny is also usually very good with the ball. I really don't think our system would fall apart without him.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Do we even need a CB who is better at passing than defending?

When De Ligt is back he is more than capable with the ball. If we play Arthur and Bentancur both of them are good enough passers. We then have Cuadrado and Alex Sandro on the wings who can pass too.

It's not like Chiellini (last night was not a great example) and Danilo are bad with the ball either. Szczesny is also usually very good with the ball. I really don't think our system would fall apart without him.
Chiellini is awful with the ball, it's his main weakness.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Chiellini is awful with the ball, it's his main weakness.
I don't think he is. He looks terrible with it I will agree and had a really poor game last night but I think he is better than he gets credit for. I'm sure I remember a stat that he has more assists for Juve than Bonucci over the same period (I know that doesn't tell the whole story but he is not as bad as made out).

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I don't think he is. He looks terrible with it I will agree and had a really poor game last night but I think he is better than he gets credit for. I'm sure I remember a stat that he has more assists for Juve than Bonucci over the same period.
That might be true considering he gets zero credit for that. But playing Chiello and Demi in back 3 at the same time means an opponent can trap both of them to win the ball back quickly. It's an easy way to disrupt our possession and I don't think it's something Pirlo (or anybody) wants.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
one of the biggest frauds in football history. He’s just another David Luiz with a buzzcut. He benefits a lot from being Italian and having played alongside Barzagli and Chiellini, two of the best. Even having has ass saved by a 19 year old MDL last season. He’s been mediocre since ‘17. He was outplayed and outmuscled by Dzeko on numerous times.

I even think what David Luiz did at Chelsea is more credible than what this fraud does. When will his time be up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)