Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Listen I appreciate his skills on the ball but he’s a defender first and foremost and has been carried his entire career. De Ligt is good on the ball himself, maybe not on that level, but he more than makes up for it defensively. When he returns I think it’s time to pass the guard.

- - - Updated - - -

When did the ass tackle he frequently does ever worked for him to keep doing it?
It’s just laziness

Jun 6, 2015
When you see a situation like this the mistake has already happened.
Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 1.45.47.png

You can see in the picture below that Rabiot didn't work nearly hard enough to get under the ball. You also see from Bonucci's body position the he is toast if Mkhitaryan takes a touch to the left. Really difficult situation for a defender to be running 30m full tilt towards your own goal with a player running at you. I'm sure a better defender could have made a better effort to win the ball. However these are situations you want to avoid as a team. Having opposing forwards running at your defenders on an open field is a recipe for disaster.
Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 1.46.36.png

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

You can see in the picture below that Rabiot didn't work nearly hard enough to get under the ball. You also see from Bonucci's body position the he is toast if Mkhitaryan takes a touch to the left. Really difficult situation for a defender to be running 30m full tilt towards your own goal with a player running at you. I'm sure a better defender could have made a better effort to win the ball. However these are situations you want to avoid as a team. Having opposing forwards running at your defenders on an open field is a recipe for disaster.
Again, Rabiot easily pissed me off the most
with his lame as jogging in that situation.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yeah I don't know what he was thinking of. Either he didn't quite realise how dangerous the situation was or he expected McKennie to somehow catch Mkhitaryan. Kante, Casemiro and the likes would do everything in their power to stop that attack.
And he could have made it there in time. There is one moment he almost caught up, but then suddenly stops trying for no reason.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Rabiot had a really bad game, but for now, it’s one bad game. He’s been really good for awhile now. Hope that doesn’t become a pattern

- - - Updated - - -

I played center back, and we were taught to stay sideways like Bonucci here because it’s easier to stay balanced this way. Of course we weren’t coached to defend with our ass though so he fucked up too, along with Rabiot.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Rabiot and Mckennie had terrible game but that doesn't hide the fact Bonbon defending was beyond terrible, amateurish as the best.... he CAN'T position his body like that when is challenge iin a diagonal without any turn for 40mts...

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Disagree, unless you mean immaterial mistake. 3 vs 3 should always be manageable by defenders at clubs with CL ambitions. Atleast Juve got defenders who can easily manage these situations.

It's only a major mistake if there're specific instructions to protect non-defenders like Bonucci.

Jun 6, 2015
Disagree, unless you mean immaterial mistake. 3 vs 3 should always be manageable by defenders at clubs with CL ambitions. Atleast Juve got defenders who can easily manage these situations.

It's only a major mistake if there're specific instructions to protect non-defenders like Bonucci.
No, I mean actual mistakes. Every single team wants to avoid these kind of situations.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
looking at this Mikhatiryan chance, its was all up to Cuads not being there as a LB, thats why Chiello had to cover also the wind and Bonu was so exposed. Cuads should be there acting as LB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 172)