Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it makes sense. with sarri not forcing the long passes at all, all we need from the cb's is solid defensive work. and let's be honest, chiellini and de ligt are stronger in that stuff than bonbon.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
it's not hate, at least not from me. and you're right, bonucci is having a good season, especially compared to the last one. he's just limited as a player, and it's still strange to see him wearing the armband after he literally shat on the club not so long ago.

and an other matter is that he's also being overused by sarri, even now when chiellini is available. i'd rest him for the inda match and play the two proper studs who can actually win a duel vs lukaku and are good in the air too.
seems to be the case for a lot of our players...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
seems to be the case for a lot of our players...
i'm more worried about form than actual quality. this is absolutely a scudetto material team, even if getting rid of mandzukic was a terrible move.

as for bonbon, he certainly could use some rest anyway. him, pjanic, cuadrado and sandro should have been rotated a lot more.

Jun 7, 2003
i'm more worried about form than actual quality. this is absolutely a scudetto material team, even if getting rid of mandzukic was a terrible move.

as for bonbon, he certainly could use some rest anyway. him, pjanic, cuadrado and sandro should have been rotated a lot more.
Getting rid of Mandzukic was a scandal! Also the way, how a fan favourite was treated is disgusting.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I don't know if you remember but back in the Napoli game, Pjanic executed a poor free kick in the box, that was easily cleared and bonbon started to gesticulate furiously in his directions. Pjanic had an incredulous look on his face and when the play stopped after that he requested to be taken out because of injury.
It was like pjanic was thinking "here I am trying to play with injury(probably because of sarri) to help my team and that bozo is yelling at me like he is some legendary footballer who never makes mistakes. Fuck it, I am out".
In that context bonbon should be the last one to criticize teammates performance when he plays do poor in almost every match.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I do remember him having a field day against Lukaku earlier this season as well. He is more suited to play against these static, immobile attackers.
Static players who can't jump. But yeah, Chiellini being back should light a fire under his ass because once Demiral got injured he settled into mediocrity, he's one of those players who needs motivation to keep his concentration.

I criticise him a lot because he's supposed to be a leader, yet he is not like Chiellini who always plays in 6th gear. Hell, even De Ligt is almost always on his toes and awake. Bonucci can switch off and coast, and when he does that he can become a liability in the wrong game.

At this point in his career he's not ever going to be some aerially dominant defender, he's not athletic or aggressive like that, but if you are not going to win a header you have to make it as difficult for the opponent as possible to either score or direct a flick on - a nudge or anything to unsettle them, not just jump and close your eyes. You CAN'T play as a central defender at an elite level and half-arse it on deliveries into the box. It's telling that he is markedly better at attacking headers - that's because he wants to win them and get a goal or goal chance, he's naturally an attack-minded player. Wanting to defend takes a special breed of nutcase. Obviously he was great in a back three because he had proper defenders either side and he could play as a sweeper and covering defender, but he's gradually got more used to playing in this back four over the last few years.

Canarinha

Jan 12, 2020
Its more the fact that lukaku is useless in every big game.
Agreed on Lukaku but the main issue here is Bonbons troubles when Elite players actually plays against him. Lewa, Haaland, Auba, Aguero, Sterling, Salah, Mane would literally manhandle him like a toy. De Ligt-Demi is the future and the future is here now and ready. Not a miscredit to Bonuccis season so far though, ill give him that but this season should surely be his last season imo. De Ligt-Demi-Chiello as mentor should lead the way next season with possibly a young hungry cb transferred in instead of Ruga and Bonnie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)