Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Alabanian PM Rama: "My favorite player has been, and will always be Dino Zoff. In my Government, I'd like Chiellini to be the Interior Minister and Bonucci to the Defence Minister."

LOLOL

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Guardiola coming for him again?

Our last chance to cash in.
You are far too desperate, bro.

Will laugh at you again next year when he is wearing captain’s armband and you are complaining about his brainfarts. And the year after. And the one after that. And the one after that... You can be free of garlic breath in 2025.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

Will laugh at you again next year when he is wearing captain’s armband and you are complaining about his brainfarts. And the year after. And the one after that. And the one after that... You can be free of garlic breath in 2025.
I don't think City, with all their wealth, are going to target a soon to be 33 year old. However, in the odd chance that they can't get their other targets and their CL ban isn't overturned, how much would you accept to sell him? I'm going to go with 30.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

I didn't even think he was bad this year. But 33 years old, MDL and Demiral and we need plusvalenza and wages. No-brainer.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't think City, with all their wealth, are going to target a soon to be 33 year old. However, in the odd chance that they can't get their other targets and their CL ban isn't overturned, how much would you accept to sell him? I'm going to go with 30.
If we were a mostly complete squad and getting a top young-ish CB to replace him, I'd sell him for 20 mil. But we have quite a few other investments to make, so no way we should sell Bonucci and go into the season with an injury prone 36 year old Chiellini, a 21 year old De Ligt, and a 22 year old Demiral returning from ACL injury.

So... no to selling him. Spend our money on the midfield, the RB position, and if Higuain is leaving, a replacement forward (could even be a world class attacking winger). I'd rather not have us entirely dependent on Chiellini staying injury free and Demiral returning 100% from ACL injury to not end up in a disaster situation.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I didn't even think he was bad this year. But 33 years old, MDL and Demiral and we need plusvalenza and wages. No-brainer.
Nah. As I said above. Demiral is coming off an ACL rupture, Chiellini missed most of the season injured and is 36. De Ligt would be the only reliable defender left, and we'd have to spend to replace Leo. If we weren't in desperate need of fixing other positions, I would say yes, sell him. But not with the investments we need to make elsewhere and the lack of currently reliable options at the back.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I don't think we paid big bucks for him (again) just to sell him when our alternatives are a crippled 35 Chiellini, an inconsistent De Ligt with a release clause and Demiral who's coming back from an ACL injury and has played only 10 games for us.

I don't necessarily like Bonucci but I do consider him our most reliable defender this season tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 64)