Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
As much as i dislike Bonucci the person, credit where is due, Bonucci the player has been one of the most reassuring faces in this team so far, totally stepped up his game after Giorgio’s injury and once he put the armband on he turned into a rather different player.

- - - Updated - - -

However, before getting too ahead of myself, got to admit i’m increasingly dissapointed at the fact itself that Bonucci is basically Juventus’s captain this season, and probably will be for large parts of the next aswell, really wished that there was some other way but whatever i guess...

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Great performances and all that for now, nothing to complain about, he sure stepped up his game after Giorgio’s injury but honestly, it just baffles me to understand why this guy is wearing the armband of such a glorious club even when a 10x more legend than him starts in the same time, i find it a bit irrational that Buffon as captain isn’t an option at least when he is in the first XI... to say the least.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
As much as he pisses me off these days, he really is showing some of his 16/17 form for us these days. I’m actually surprised that all of the weight of responsibility of being captain and playing alongside a brand new CB partner hasn’t gotten to him yet. No more Bonuccin’ around please.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Gep on Bonucci :
~”Have you ever really needed a shit badly and your stomach really hurts but you think to yourself if you let out a fart from time to time it’ll ease the pain. But you know the shits coming and there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s inevitable.”

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
As much as he pisses me off these days, he really is showing some of his 16/17 form for us these days. I’m actually surprised that all of the weight of responsibility of being captain and playing alongside a brand new CB partner hasn’t gotten to him yet. No more Bonuccin’ around please.
Well, remember how everyone always used to say Chiellini/Barzagli covered and made him look better whenever paired together? Maybe that’s the case now, not only did he positively embrace all the extra responsability coming with the armband but he is also likely benefiting from playing alongside another superior, yet inexperienced defender in Matthijs de Ligt. :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Just kidding though.

Or am i? :klin:

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Great performances and all that for now, nothing to complain about, he sure stepped up his game after Giorgio’s injury but honestly, it just baffles me to understand why this guy is wearing the armband of such a glorious club even when a 10x more legend than him starts in the same time, i find it a bit irrational that Buffon as captain isn’t an option at least when he is in the first XI... to say the least.
Tbh you can't have someone as captain who has accepted a backup role with open arms, even a legend. Besides, the armband is a symbolic gesture more than anything, everyone knows that Buffon is a leader on and off the field.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Tbh you can't have someone as captain who has accepted a backup role with open arms, even a legend. Besides, the armband is a symbolic gesture more than anything, everyone knows that Buffon is a leader on and off the field.
No matter how valid your point is in perhaps any other possible circumstance, in this case, at least for me he still is a much better option then someone who not longer then a year or two ago was jumping ship to go on and captain a broken Milan side that was outspokenly ‘threatening’ to end our Scudetto run through his very own words, guy even went as far to say he will be to them what Pirlo was to us in shifing the balance.. :lol:

I can handle him being back and doing his part, heck even him being capitano every now and then but honestly there’s nothing that could change my mind on who should be captain when both Buffon and Bonucci start a game simultanously.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 18, Guests: 71)