Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i love bonucci but fuck him. look at virgil van dijk now!!

prime bonucci would suck his dick, to be on his level for a second.

overrated good defender. only long balls from time to time.

chiellini, barza, and the gangster midfielders Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba. where the back bone of our solid defense.

- - - Updated - - -

bonucci was always one or two levels below cheillini and barza, but he was just overrated next to them as a part of great three. they do the dirty work and he sends long ball from time to time, then gets too much credit as a great defender with great passing ability. but after barza stopped playing and chiellini started to get more absent for injuries. bonucci started to get back to the real light of his former self.

just a good defender!

Last edited:

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I don't care if he leaves or not. He's a world class player in a back 3 when he can use his ball playing abilities but in a back 4 paired with anyone but Chiellini he turns into the same player he was in 2011; a complete and utter shitshow. We saw that with Milan, we saw that last year too, even with Chiello sweeping up most of his mistakes.

There is still potential to salvage some money from him, if he can be convinced to move abroad.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Bonucci: 'Struck by Sarri's ideas'
By Football Italia staff

Leonardo Bonucci was “struck by Maurizio Sarri’s ideas and intelligence,” but the Juventus defender wants to “get back to the player I was two years ago.”
The Bianconeri centre-back spoke to JTV on the flight out to Asia for their pre-season tour.
“I feel good. A new season has started with a lot of enthusiasm, new challenges await us, and it has been an intensive week, but the good and important thing is that we did it all with the ball.
“We kept a high tempo, are getting into the Coach’s ideas and he wants sacrifice from everyone, but we’re on the right track.
“Sarri does a lot of work with the ball, a great deal of intensity, few gaps to rest and drink, as he wants us right on to the next exercise. That keeps our concentration levels up.
“I’ve been struck by Sarri’s ideas. When you see his teams from the outside, you think you know what’s going on, but seen from the inside, you understand the intelligence of a Coach who has certainly brought in new ideas.”
Bonucci admits he hasn’t quite been the same since his transfer to Milan and return to Turin one year later.
“Juve is my home. I came back after going to Milan because I know what I can give here and I feel that I’m in the right place. Of course, every year you have to prove yourself and improve, so this’ll be another year in which every single Juventus player will continue to grow.
“My objective is to go for every target available, which is always the aim for anyone wearing the Juventus shirt. On a personal level, I want to get back to being the player I was two years ago, because I know that I could’ve certainly done better over the last couple of campaigns.
“I want to get back to the old standards that the fans had become accustomed to.”
Gigi Buffon has also returned after just one season away, in his case at Paris Saint-Germain.
“It’s a great return both on the field and off it. Gigi is an important presence in the dressing room and will certainly give a big hand to making everyone understand what it means to be at Juventus, because he is the example to follow when wearing this jersey.”
Juve made their ambitions clear by signing Ajax captain Matthijs De Ligt for €75m plus €10m in various add-ons and bonuses.
“Matthijs is the best young defender in the world right now and he needed to make this step in order to grow. We gave him a warm welcome, because we know that along with Merih Demiral and Daniele Rugani, we have talented young players who can allow us to be competitive at every level.
“Juve can’t go backwards, we’ve already improved where we were lacking in previous years and have top level alternatives in every role. Now we have to do our talking on the pitch, as that is ultimately where we are judged.
“We need to follow the ideas of the Coach and give 100 per cent. It’ll be a hard-fought season, especially in Italy, as Inter brought in one of the best Coaches and Antonio Conte will certainly give a soul to that team.
“Napoli continue to grow year on year, it’ll be up to us to improve. In Europe, we know all the big clubs try to improve, as Juventus have done, and we’ll battle it out on the field.
“I can’t wait to get started.”

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bonucci: 'Struck by Sarri's ideas'
By Football Italia staff

Leonardo Bonucci was “struck by Maurizio Sarri’s ideas and intelligence,” but the Juventus defender wants to “get back to the player I was two years ago.”
The Bianconeri centre-back spoke to JTV on the flight out to Asia for their pre-season tour.
“I feel good. A new season has started with a lot of enthusiasm, new challenges await us, and it has been an intensive week, but the good and important thing is that we did it all with the ball.
“We kept a high tempo, are getting into the Coach’s ideas and he wants sacrifice from everyone, but we’re on the right track.
“Sarri does a lot of work with the ball, a great deal of intensity, few gaps to rest and drink, as he wants us right on to the next exercise. That keeps our concentration levels up.
“I’ve been struck by Sarri’s ideas. When you see his teams from the outside, you think you know what’s going on, but seen from the inside, you understand the intelligence of a Coach who has certainly brought in new ideas.”
Bonucci admits he hasn’t quite been the same since his transfer to Milan and return to Turin one year later.
“Juve is my home. I came back after going to Milan because I know what I can give here and I feel that I’m in the right place. Of course, every year you have to prove yourself and improve, so this’ll be another year in which every single Juventus player will continue to grow.
“My objective is to go for every target available, which is always the aim for anyone wearing the Juventus shirt. On a personal level, I want to get back to being the player I was two years ago, because I know that I could’ve certainly done better over the last couple of campaigns.
“I want to get back to the old standards that the fans had become accustomed to.”
Gigi Buffon has also returned after just one season away, in his case at Paris Saint-Germain.
“It’s a great return both on the field and off it. Gigi is an important presence in the dressing room and will certainly give a big hand to making everyone understand what it means to be at Juventus, because he is the example to follow when wearing this jersey.”
Juve made their ambitions clear by signing Ajax captain Matthijs De Ligt for €75m plus €10m in various add-ons and bonuses.
“Matthijs is the best young defender in the world right now and he needed to make this step in order to grow. We gave him a warm welcome, because we know that along with Merih Demiral and Daniele Rugani, we have talented young players who can allow us to be competitive at every level.
“Juve can’t go backwards, we’ve already improved where we were lacking in previous years and have top level alternatives in every role. Now we have to do our talking on the pitch, as that is ultimately where we are judged.
“We need to follow the ideas of the Coach and give 100 per cent. It’ll be a hard-fought season, especially in Italy, as Inter brought in one of the best Coaches and Antonio Conte will certainly give a soul to that team.
“Napoli continue to grow year on year, it’ll be up to us to improve. In Europe, we know all the big clubs try to improve, as Juventus have done, and we’ll battle it out on the field.
“I can’t wait to get started.”
hustno.png

HarmfulHandyHogget-size_restricted.gif

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
so im guessing no PSG for him then. Interesting how Sarri publicly labeled him #3 in line for captain.

i suppose its not too significant or indicative that he should expect to feature as a starter

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
so im guessing no PSG for him then. Interesting how Sarri publicly labeled him #3 in line for captain.

i suppose its not too significant or indicative that he should expect to feature as a starter
Sounds like Sarri is saying he is second choice, as he said first in line when Chiellini isn’t on the pitch.

No more capitano keeper :sad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 59)