Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Common man he is definitely better than rugani, but if the rumored price would be somewhere north of 40 mil. wouldn't you want to sell?
If de ligt comes he will ride the bench.
Well, there you go. I wouldn't, because Chiello is bound to get injured at some point(s), and i don't want Rugani or Demiral to play in an important CL game. So if we don't have to sell due to FFP or whatnot reason (SMS or another top mid), then i wouldn't sell him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Ahh, the haters in full force again :touched:

Let's sell him right? Because Chiello never get's injured and we still have the likes of Raguno and Demiral to fill in if an important game comes up eh?

Yeah, I know who i'd rather have coming off the bench instead, and so do you if you put the personal bias aside for a second.
De Ligt and Bonucci are too shaky.

I‘d sell Bonucci and take Benatia back instead.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Let's sell him right? Because Chiello never get's injured and we still have the likes of Raguno and Demiral to fill in if an important game comes up eh?

Yeah, I know who i'd rather have coming off the bench instead, and so do you if you put the personal bias aside for a second.
Funny when those haters are over defending the far far worse season Dougie C had. ;)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Ofc that Demiral, player for whome 90% of members have never even heard of let alone seen him play is suddenly superior and reliable player.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a myth debunked a while ago. He had tremendous seasons in our both CL finalist years and we played with 4 at the back. At least until the final game :p

Yeah there were mistakes but a lot of it came when he was paired with Rugani and these two dont fit in together. His good games were alongside Chiellini and I feel the same would be with MDL.
Come on, there were plenty of mistakes no matter who his partner was.

There is no myth to debunk. He has defensive weaknesses, I don't see how anybody can argue that after his past 2 seasons. You could argue that he is exposed by the midfield more than previously, but we have to face up that the days of Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba in our midfield are gone. Our defenders don't get that level of protection anymore and need to be able to defend.

The guy is painfully slow, can't tackle and can't man mark from crosses. There is no doubt in mind that we will not win the CL starting Bonucci. Given the rumoured prices, the fact we have De Ligt coming in, both players wages to pay, his age. This is the ideal time to cash in.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I understand your point but if we get close to the 50mil rumored we should sell. That amount plus his high wage gone should provide us the funds to get someone better.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Come on, there were plenty of mistakes no matter who his partner was.

There is no myth to debunk. He has defensive weaknesses, I don't see how anybody can argue that after his past 2 seasons. You could argue that he is exposed by the midfield more than previously, but we have to face up that the days of Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba in our midfield are gone. Our defenders don't get that level of protection anymore and need to be able to defend.

The guy is painfully slow, can't tackle and can't man mark from crosses. There is no doubt in mind that we will not win the CL starting Bonucci. Given the rumoured prices, the fact we have De Ligt coming in, both players wages to pay, his age. This is the ideal time to cash in.
I wasnt arguing whether he has defensive weaknesses. Ofc he has, but there is a lot of exaggeration as to how error prone he really is and the myth of not being good enough for 4 men backline, when time and again he has proven quite capable. After Chiellini, hopefully De Ligt, hes our best defender and if someone would place Rugani or Demirel ahead of him in the pecking order, it isnt worth serious discussion. Rugani is a level, at least, bellow. And yes, having good group of midfielders, that can close the gaps, helps a great deal. If a good offer arrives (50m?), we can consider it.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
There is no protection for a CB that inexplicably stops marking the #9 in the 6 yard box. The other team is always a threat to score, they can cross the ball from 40 metres away and it can go in your net. At some point you are just bad.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I wasnt arguing whether he has defensive weaknesses. Ofc he has, but there is a lot of exaggeration as to how error prone he really is. After Chiellini, hopefully De Ligt, hes our best defender and if someone would place Rugani or Demirel ahead of him in the pecking order, it isnt worth serious discussion. Rugani is a level, at least, bellow. And yes, having good group of midfielders, that can close the gaps, helps a great deal. If a good offer arrives (50m?), we can consider it.
Honestly I'd sell for 15m given his age, wages and fact he won't be a starter.

Just look through our goals conceded last season and Milan the year before and you'll see how error prone he is. He is not as reliable as many make out.

You are right Rugani is a level below but maybe Sarri can get more out of him again. Demiral is an unknown but has impressed this year for club and country. I'd want a more trusted and experienced backup there but if a decent offer comes I think we'd be crazy not to cash in.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This was only in october and there were plenty more from him after that cost us goals there is no myth or unwarranted hate train he just plain sucked.

He just stood and watched for large parts of last season, it was a fucking embarrassment. And I say that as someone who defended him in the past, because every defender has strengths and weaknesses, and Bonucci is clearly a playmaking defender who was previously half decent in general defending. Last season he was just a lazy fuck, serious lack of attitude.

Wait, I mean.....great defender, we should hold out for about €60m.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He just stood and watched for large parts of last season, it was a fucking embarrassment. And I say that as someone who defended him in the past, because every defender has strengths and weaknesses, and Bonucci is clearly a playmaking defender who was previously half decent in general defending. Last season he was just a lazy fuck, serious lack of attitude.

Wait, I mean.....great defender, we should hold out for about €60m.
I defended him too when we brought him back last year , but this season he showed he isn't the player that he once was. :(
Anything above 35 we should consider .

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I understand your point but if we get close to the 50mil rumored we should sell. That amount plus his high wage gone should provide us the funds to get someone better.
But we won't. With DeLigt already coming (...if he even comes :shifty:) we won't sign another high profile CB. So we'd be left with Raguno, Demiral and some hack we loan out for a season or so.

beowulf

Dec 9, 2012
I would argue that people defending Bonucci after last season are one of three categories:
1) Thankful to him for his prime years (which I am still, but this is a business) and still living off that
2) Fall under some spell that "long passes" are what is needed (this isn't Scotland or West Ham under Big Sam)
3) Don't watch the games

Bonucci has been absolute trash for 2 seasons in a row relative to his wages.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Our new assistant coach Martusciello seems to be a very good defence-speciality coach. He turns a very raw Skriniar into a class defender, turns Cancelo to acceptable-level and Inter from conceded ~50 goals per season to 33 goals last year. I expect Rugani and Demiral will make some good progess under him. Bonucci needs to go if good offer come in, he can't improve with his bad mentality, always think he is the best, the goal conceded is always another's fault.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)