Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No shit. But it helps tuz to cope with the loss if they can blame it on their most hated player, even if it wasn't his fault at all that we are out now.

Normal tuz behaviour to single out one player and make him the scapegoat for a team failure, and not even based on his performance, but on personal bias only. 100% Predictable that his thread was going to attract all kinds of sour users in case of a loss.
Its incredibly annoyinh.

We lost and played poor. Lets now all cope by beeing extremely mad at some player regardless of his performance but because we dont like him.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair to him, Mandzuking wasnt there
Or any winger in a high position instead of clogging the midfield close to its markers

athas

Jul 15, 2007
No shit. But it helps tuz to cope with the loss if they can blame it on their most hated player, even if it wasn't his fault at all that we are out now.

Normal tuz behaviour to single out one player and make him the scapegoat for a team failure, and not even based on his performance, but on personal bias only. 100% Predictable that his thread was going to attract all kinds of sour users in case of a loss.
Can you tell me with a straight face that you are confident with him in a big CL match? We lose as a team because we have problems, and Bonucci is one of them. What's wrong when pointing that out and seek solution to improve that?

Last edited:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I honestly don't understand those who defend him. He's clearly regressed and been a clear weak-point in this team. Without Chiellini to hold his hand, he's decidedly mediocre.

- - - Updated - - -

Dai and Zach come to mind. They definitely seem to have some love for this chump.
Regressed assumes that he was once good, hes a fraud, always has been, when he cant hide behind two of the best CB's in the world his true ability shows

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Can you tell me with a straight face that you are confident with him in a big CL match?
I can tell you with a straight face that he wasn't directly responsible that we went out against Ajax, yet i see lot's of users around who make it sound like he was.

- - - Updated - - -

Dai and Zach come to mind. They definitely seem to have some love for this chump.
How? I feel like i'm on the more rational side here, unlike the emotionally driven haters.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
How? I feel like i'm on the more rational side here, unlike the emotionally driven haters.
I'm not blaming him for yesterday, but I honestly think he's a burden, a liability, a shit defender that can't actually defend. A great partner next to him only serves to mask his deficiencies; when he's paired with another noob, his flaws are visible for all to see.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I'm not blaming him for yesterday, but I honestly think he's a burden, a liability, a shit defender that can't actually defend. A great partner next to him only serves to mask his deficiencies; when he's paired with another noob, his flaws are visible for all to see.
The partner doesn't have to be great, it's ablout the type of defender. Of course he works better next to a Chiello than next to a Rugani (too much of the same, Rugani suffers from that just as much as Bonucci) because they have different characteristics and complement each other. Bonucci-Chiello is still a great CB pairing. That partnership simply works, and has done so in the past as well. The chemistry between the two CB's is more important than the sum of it's parts imo.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The partner doesn't have to be great, it's ablout the type of defender. Of course he works better next to a Chiello than next to a Rugani (too much of the same, Rugani suffers from that just as much as Bonucci) because they have different characteristics and complement each other. Bonucci-Chiello is still a great CB pairing. That partnership simply works, and has done so in the past as well. The chemistry between the two CB's is more important than the sum of it's parts imo.
Here's a novel idea. How about having two defenders that excel at defending? So that we don't have one CB rely on another.

Chiellini-Bonucci is a decent pairing, but it could also be further improved

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Here's a novel idea. How about having two defenders that excel at defending? So that we don't have one CB rely on another.

Sign me a Koulibaly and i'll happily field him instead of Bonucci, but until that happens, our starter CB's are hardly our main problem.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Sign me a Koulibaly and i'll happily field him instead of Bonucci, but until that happens, our starter CB's are hardly our main problem.
Our defence should be priority, we're relying on a 34 years old defender to solve all our problems and he won't be there forever. Chiello can still give us really good perfomances, but we need to do some forward planning. It's shortsighted not to look at it. Besides neither Bonucci and Rugani should start for Juventus in an ideal world

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

C’mon. Chiellini-Bonucci was miles better than decent. It’s great. We got to two CL finals with that pairing, beating teams like Barca and Madrid. Chiellini is one of the best defending CBs on the planet, and Bonucci’s ball skills helped in keeping pressure off our back line and breaking presses. They worked fantastic together for years. But as Barza aged out, not having a proper world class Chiellini back-up has shown just how problematic Bonucci is without a specific partner. Does that lessen how great that pairing was for us? No.

Bonucci mentally crumbling last year at Milan and never really finding his old form once he returned here is the biggest issue, and even so our defensive record is identical to last year. I’d replace him if a fantastic CB came along but the best option would obviously be having Chiellini, Bonucci, Rugani, + a Koulibaly level CB bought this summer

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
C’mon. Chiellini-Bonucci was miles better than decent. It’s great. We got to two CL finals with that pairing, beating teams like Barca and Madrid. Chiellini is one of the best defending CBs on the planet, and Bonucci’s ball skills helped in keeping pressure off our back line and breaking presses. They worked fantastic together for years. But as Barza aged out, not having a proper world class Chiellini back-up has shown just how problematic Bonucci is without a specific partner. Does that lessen how great that pairing was for us? No.

Bonucci mentally crumbling last year at Milan and never really finding his old form once he returned here is the biggest issue, and even so our defensive record is identical to last year. I’d replace him if a fantastic CB came along but the best option would obviously be having Chiellini, Bonucci, Rugani, + a Koulibaly level CB bought this summer
It could be greater with two defensively great defenders, is all I'm saying.

Besides current Bonucci is more error prone than in 2017 (bar the CL final)

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Even next to Chiello he's become a liability. He's a defender that can't tackle or head the ball. Chiellini can't be babysitting him all the time.

His ball playing abilities are not worth the deficiencies in our defense.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I honestly don't understand those who defend him. He's clearly regressed and been a clear weak-point in this team. Without Chiellini to hold his hand, he's decidedly mediocre.

- - - Updated - - -

He's also a racist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)