Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
And I said it annoyed me but after a few years I came to understand the anger the players would of been feeling at the time.
Disagree. Sure he may have reason to feel anger at directors who were involved in corruption but making comments like that publicly? who is hurt by that? the directors? No...it hurts the fans and his teammates.

Fuck him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Zambrotta's words regarding the situation. Will you label Buffon a mercenary and traitor now too?

The 37 year old defender also revealed a lot of truth regarding his move to Barcelona during Calciopoli scandal.

“My conscience was clean. Why did I ever have to pay for a fault that was not mine?,“ he asked rheoterically.

”I never understood the rush Juve had to sell me. I was never asked to stay to be part of the new beginning.”

“I honestly never really wanted to leave but in truth I was sold. I had just finished putting together a new house in Torino. When I went to Juventus headquarters to meet with Barca’s executives, Juve had already signed the documents to sell me.

“Back in the day, Alessio Secco even advised [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic to accept any important offer he might have gotten and leave.

“Any Juve player that would have been asked to the club had been sold. Those who stayed at Juve never really had a concrete offer to leave or just simply were offered important contracts in the club, unlike me.

“It really hurt me when the media started the traitor story which caused the fans to hate me. I kept expecting the club to deny and clarify what happened. It only came two years later when it was already too late.

At the end of the day had Calciopoli not occurred, I would have never left Juventus. And the scandal was certainly not my fault.”

Zambrotta also added that legendary Juventus keeper would have been sold to AC Milan but the deal could not go ahead as Milan were also involved in Calciopoli

“Not everyone knows this but Buffon had already closed the deal with Milan,“ he confessed.

”But did not go through because they were at risk too [during Calciopoli].”

“Juve had the necessity of selling many stars in order to compensate the lack of profit they received from the sponsors. They kept some, but not all.

“If they had not sold me, Ibra, Cannavaro, Thuram and Vieira, they would have gone bankrupt.”

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone able to translate this?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
That 50/50 comment to me is like when you tell your little brother to avoid the crazy neighborhood dog with a history of unprovoked attacks, you tell him to avoid the direction in which the barks are coming from and your brother does the exact opposite and engages with it. That kid bears half the blame. Idiot did a major F up in pharsing what he wanted to say. We have seen many Bonucci brainfarts during matches and this was one in judgement.
I dont believe this was Kean's first encounter with ignorant idiots or racists. We don't know the inside story of what Allegri or anyone else told him before this or how kean handled it before away from cameras. There is alot of shit we dont know.
. To me this was a fuck up nothing more. This was an inside converstation and not for an interview . I see a lot of over-reacting on here with zero warrant.. and the only thing I see wrong at this point is the club coming out, apologizing and clearing the air. But then again I'm still waiting for the same thing about how ADP left.
Sounds like the problem here is the crazy neighborhood dog, like something should be done about it to prevent further incidents. Maybe it should even be put down.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Zambrotta's words regarding the situation. Will you label Buffon a mercenary and traitor now too?

The 37 year old defender also revealed a lot of truth regarding his move to Barcelona during Calciopoli scandal.

“My conscience was clean. Why did I ever have to pay for a fault that was not mine?,“ he asked rheoterically.

”I never understood the rush Juve had to sell me. I was never asked to stay to be part of the new beginning.”

“I honestly never really wanted to leave but in truth I was sold. I had just finished putting together a new house in Torino. When I went to Juventus headquarters to meet with Barca’s executives, Juve had already signed the documents to sell me.

“Back in the day, Alessio Secco even advised [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic to accept any important offer he might have gotten and leave.

“Any Juve player that would have been asked to the club had been sold. Those who stayed at Juve never really had a concrete offer to leave or just simply were offered important contracts in the club, unlike me.

“It really hurt me when the media started the traitor story which caused the fans to hate me. I kept expecting the club to deny and clarify what happened. It only came two years later when it was already too late.

At the end of the day had Calciopoli not occurred, I would have never left Juventus. And the scandal was certainly not my fault.”

Zambrotta also added that legendary Juventus keeper would have been sold to AC Milan but the deal could not go ahead as Milan were also involved in Calciopoli

“Not everyone knows this but Buffon had already closed the deal with Milan,“ he confessed.

”But did not go through because they were at risk too [during Calciopoli].”

“Juve had the necessity of selling many stars in order to compensate the lack of profit they received from the sponsors. They kept some, but not all.

“If they had not sold me, Ibra, Cannavaro, Thuram and Vieira, they would have gone bankrupt.”

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone able to translate this?

Is he telling the truth tho?

That is some heavy shit

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Nice interview. Not sure what it has to do with Thuram's comments though.

Also now that I think about it most of what he states there is in contradiction to many of the other players he mentions own public comments.

Pretty sure Zlatan claimed acknowledged (in his autobiography maybe?) that he was asked to stay but refused to stay or even train in pre season once the demotion was announced. Cannavaro also mentioned he would have stayed with a point demotion but not with relegation. Pretty sure Zambrotta himself said something similar.

Also on Buffon to Milan, wasn't that pre demotion and once the demotion came through it was off?

Last edited:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
In the video the say they see Juve winning the scudetto and Thuram also says that what counts for him is that Juve wins the championship and that Parma does well
Thanks dude

- - - Updated - - -

Nice interview. Not sure what it has to do with Thuram's comments though.

Also now that I think about it most of what he states there is in contradiction to many of the other players he mentions own public comments.

Pretty sure Zlatan claimed acknowledged (in his autobiography maybe?) that he was asked to stay but refused to stay or even train in pre season once the demotion was announced. Cannavaro also mentioned he would have stayed with a point demotion but not with relegation. Pretty sure Zambrotta himself said something similar.

Also on Buffon to Milan, wasn't that pre demotion and once the demotion came through it was off?
I just posted it because I found it interesting when digging around for more info on the 'mercenarys'

All I'm saying is I hated Thuram after some of his comments but after years of thinking about it I can now understand where he was comming from back then and I have no grudges against any of the players who left.

And if Zambrotta's words are honest then I feel bad that he has been labelled a traitor.

You only have to look at how Camo, Trez and Del Piero left to see that when it comes to getting rid of players (legends are not) our club is ruthless so it wouldn't surprise me if Zambrotta's words are true.

Last edited:

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Sounds like the problem here is the crazy neighborhood dog, like something should be done about it to prevent further incidents. Maybe it should even be put down.
Correctomundo!! The dog should defineatly be put down because such dogs are hopeless. BUT thats whole another argument. We are talking about the big brother here who tried to prevent the kid from being bit ..we are not trying to decide the fate of the rabid dog.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Correctomundo!! The dog should defineatly be put down because such dogs are hopeless. BUT thats whole another argument. We are talking about the big brother here who tried to prevent the kid from being bit ..we are not trying to decide the fate of the rabid dog.
Ridiculous analogy. Who ever heard of a racist dog?

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
dont say

yes Thuram is a definition of defending and definition of footballer prick. Thats all. No a legend. Just very good player.
In my eyes he is a smart . If he said something about the club after Calciopoli that doesn’t mean he hates the club. I am one of those who wanted to stop watching football because of Calciopoli. Some people don’t like corruption and some doesn’t care as long as they love something.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
You are trolling but guys like Thuram are the definition of defending. It is rare to get them in football they play everywhere in the field. I will never forget that game again Real Madrid when Buffon saved Figo’s penalty Thuram stepped up and kicked the ball out of the penalty area.
Yeah, that`s not what actually happened, Thuram got the ball, took it and went with it towards the touchline, where he lost control of it and eventually lost it, giving Real Madrid a throw-in 4 or 5 metres from the corner spot... Not that it matters, Real didnt score after Thuram`s mistake, unlike Bayern who punished Evra`s or Parma who took advantage of Mario`s attempt to clear the ball...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lilian Thuram spoke up and wow

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/foo...t-assure-lilian-thuram-03-04-2019-8046066.php

"He states that Bonucci was voicing the common sentiment that "black people deserve it"
Thuram states that Bonucci is victim-blaming, in the same way that when a woman is assaulted people critique what she was wearing. States that Bonucci's reaction is as bad as the monkey chants themselves.

Crucially, Thuram does not call #Bonucci stupid. He doesn't let him off the hook that easily. Says the problem is an underlying one.
Blithering idiot. Thuram is part of the problem. You equate someone's call for responsibility from a teammate the same as racist monkey chants? He's completely lost the plot. And he feeds the b.s. fueling the UK sports media now that suggests Bonucci's words and virtue signaling are somehow more important than a bunch of racists making monkey chants in a stadium. It's absurd.

We have white supremacists on Tuz
True

Italien supremacists too ;)

Apart from the subject of racism, Thuram, hes not a legend, for me he is prick. :)

ELO!

What about Italy. I love this country, the best food in the world. The best beaches in Europe, some of the best wines in the world, blitheness, expressiveness,directness .... but yes Benito Mussolini still alive: D
Wot?!?! Clearly you've never been to Portugal. :p

This is the full article where he said that. Pretty funny

Patrice Evra strongly criticises Lilian Thuram in Le Figaro after he called for Evra to be banned from playing for France.​
...​
"He said that Les Blues are contributing to increasing racism. It is time that Lilian stops playing a role that isn't his to play. Walking around with books on slavery in glasses and a hat does not turn you into Malcolm X."​
:lol: Awesome. Evra may have been a mutinous clown, but he's right about Thuram.

Because Evra was one of the biggiest shitbags leading a mutiny during the World cup, against one of the worst NT coaches in Domenech.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Oh, Domenech ... talk about a coach who was coaching for a player mutiny...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)