Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I find it disturbing and hilarious at the same time that Bonucci and Allegri don't realize that Kean's celebration was not the cause of the racist chants, but it was the result of the racist chants throughout parts of the match prior to the goal.

This narrative that Kean somehow caused these chants are revolting

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and as far as that "apology" is concerned.

Go fuck yourself, Leo.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
I think that what Bonucci said was a bit distorted and taken the wrong way. He just said that the kid is a bit of a show-off and he needs to control himself better and be better than the brainless chipmunks from the stands.
What Bonucci said was basically: Don't feed the trolls, kid.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think that what Bonucci said was a bit distorted and taken the wrong way. He just said that the kid is a bit of a show-off and he needs to control himself better and be better than the brainless chipmunks from the stands.
What Bonucci said was basically: Don't feed the trolls, kid.

Yet the CAPTAIN of our club said not once, but TWICE that Kean did absolutely nothing wrong.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I find it disturbing and hilarious at the same time that Bonucci and Allegri don't realize that Kean's celebration was not the cause of the racist chants, but it was the result of the racist chants throughout parts of the match prior to the goal.

This narrative that Kean somehow caused these chants are revolting

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and as far as that "apology" is concerned.

Go fuck yourself, Leo.
What pisses me off the most is that he’s getting support from players from other clubs while getting none from us!! I mean wtf is wrong with our management not to back the kid up.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
And that is correct, the kid did nothing wrong. Bonucci just said that Kean could have handled the situation differently, not that he was in the wrong to do what he did.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And that is correct, the kid did nothing wrong. Bonucci just said that Kean could have handled the situation differently, not that he was in the wrong to do what he did.

Ok. So if he did nothing wrong, then what gives Bonucci the right to say he could have handled the situation differently? And who died and made Bonucci the authority to speak about this IN PUBLIC.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Not suprised how the italian media deal with it but it was a little uncomfortable to read some of our fellow fans excuses for bonucci here.

Il Bianconero ("The Black-and-White"), a Juve-focused platform, called Bonucci "a leader on and off the pitch", lauding him for his strong words on Kean, which show "a true captain's attitude".

A separate piece harshly condemned racism in stadiums ("the vulgar routine and plague of every Sunday") but stops short of condoning Kean's "angry, sometimes aggressive" instincts.

Juve fan website Juventibus condemned Bonucci, although it pointed out his comments were undoubtedly motivated by his "paternalistic instincts" towards Kean.

"[Kean is] a symbol of strength and beauty, everything that makes our football and our country wonderful, against everything that is hateful and unacceptable. He is like the Christ, serenely turning the other cheek," gushed the columnist, who argued that Bonucci sees Kean as his younger brother who needs to be protected "from the media circus that only peddles dumb, simplistic narratives".

In this view, the columnist says Bonucci should be condemned, sure, but also understood: "He made the mistake of publicly expressing his paternalistic instinct by using language that was over the top, which has been reported by European media as a partial apology of racism."
source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47808611

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Bonucci's words weren't surprising cuz we all know he's a moron. But for Max to say "he shouldn’t have celebrated in that manner" was disappointing.

I wish we could move on from this because it's really embarrassing for the club, worse yet because we haven't said a word about it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

This narrative that Kean somehow caused these chants are revolting.
Where did Max imply that he thinks this was the case? What he probably means is, that the celebration riled up the morons even more, and nothing else.

The rest of Max' interview makes it pretty clear what he thinks of those people, calling them idiots and asking for life-time bans. Don't mention him in one sentence with the 50/50 guy.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Where did Max imply that he thinks this was the case? What he probably means is, that the celebration riled up the morons even more, and nothing else.

The rest of Max' interview makes it pretty clear what he thinks of those people, calling them idiots and asking for life-time bans. Don't mention him in one sentence with the 50/50 guy.

I'm talking about the narrative in general, not necessarily what Max said. I should have been a little clearer. I apologize.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
What pisses me off the most is that he’s getting support from players from other clubs while getting none from us!!
You don't know what's happening behind the scenes. Has everything made to be public? Pretty sure our players are supporting him and are there for him. They train with him and speak to him daily, in person, they don't have to voice their support with an instagram post.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Fuck man, am i disappointed with the club and Allegri. His celebration was NOTHING to what he had to endure in that match. The one time the kid needs support they say fuck you.

If I was Kean I wouldn’t think twice about leaving next season. We let him down. Bianco che abbraccia Il nero my ass!!
What? Bonucci definitely needs to be crucified for his idiotic comments. But Allegri said nothing wrong.

He said he couldn’t see what exactly happened, and said although it is important as professionals not to act provocatively (duh, and nothing there blaming Kean) he condemned racism explicitly, saying video technology absolutely needs to be instituted and fans caught need to be banned for life.

Hardly something to be disappointed about.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You don't know what's happening behind the scenes. Has everything made to be public? Pretty sure our players are supporting him and are there for him. They train with him and speak to him daily, in person, they don't have to voice their support with an instagram post.
The club put out a statement defending Ronaldo after the rape allegations. They can do the same in this situation.

What? Bonucci definitely needs to be crucified for his idiotic comments. But Allegri said nothing wrong.

He said he couldn’t see what exactly happened, and said although it is important as professionals not to act provocatively (duh, and nothing there blaming Kean) he condemned racism explicitly, saying video technology absolutely needs to be instituted and fans caught need to be banned for life.

Allegri said "he shouldn't have celebrated in that manner", and he's wrong about that.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Not sure I follow the hysterics here....

If we end up facing Man City in the CL

You can bet there will be a story built around Sterling the victim and Bonucci the racist.
Uh, no. There's a difference between being a racist and being a racist apologist. And then there's also a difference between being a racist apologist and saying not to stir sh*t up with the opposing fans.

This is the thing that I find most disturbing, how the club are basically standing by Bonucci's comment by saying nothing. It disturbs me that a club with international appeal think they can just stand aside and watch this all happen.
They basically scripted Boner's Instagram post.

I don't see it that way at all. What makes you think that is that you're taking the position that Kean should be beyond reproach, beyond criticism, and divorced from any consequences.

Yes, the emphasis should have been on Cagliari's fans. But an attitude that their fans somehow enable Kean to react any way he wishes, as some on social media have claimed, actually dehumanizes Kean and robs him of any agency as a human being. He is treated as a thoughtless cow incapable of managing his impulses and is given no margin to show the potential ability to elevate himself. It was not the time or place for either Allegri or Bonucci to open their mouths publicly on what should have been in private, but here we are.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Bonucci's words weren't surprising cuz we all know he's a moron. But for Max to say "he shouldn’t have celebrated in that manner" was disappointing.

I wish we could move on from this because it's really embarrassing for the club, worse yet because we haven't said a word about it.
There’s a pretty simple solution. Have a press conference with Bonehead, Allegri, Keane and Nedved.

Have a non moron write a supporting statement for Bonehead. Bonehead reads it, Allegri echoes, Keane nods/looks pleased, Nedved declares a need to end racism in Serie A and announces a substantial donation to some group that wants to kick racism out of football.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He litterally said 50% of the blame is on Kean, and didnt retract it, at all.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

Just this bit, everything else you've already pointed out.

Allegri : “He (Kean) shouldn’t have celebrated in that manner. You need great intelligence to deal with these situations and should not go to provoke people. "
It would have been better if he just kept to the scripts.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The club put out a statement defending Ronaldo after the rape allegations. They can do the same in this situation.

Allegri said "he shouldn't have celebrated in that manner", and he's wrong about that.
I didn’t see that quote. It’s unfortunate taken alone for sure. In the context of his entire interview after the game, he said that it is very difficult to deal with such situations, and to not provoke such idiots who ruin it for everyone.

My opinion is that Allegri should have communicated this to Kean in private, and in that sense suggesting not reacting to the idiots with your goal celebration is fine, unfortunately he said it in public right after the incident which bothers me too.

Bonucci’s 50/50 statement and strong criticism of Kean is incredibly stupid in public or private, indicative of racism-enabling moron.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)