• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Bonucci: Disastrous and too error prone
Barza: Too old and too slow
Rugani: Too soft

I hope we're not planning on selling Benatia in January because, despite his mini brainfarts, he's still a better defender than than Bonucci (who hasn't even be making these awesome passes out of defense lately).

I'm sorry Couscous breath. Please stay and help us win the CL and I promise to buy you the most expensive plate of Tajine this side of Fez.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Bonucci: Disastrous and too error prone
Barza: Too old and too slow
Rugani: Too soft

I hope we're not planning on selling Benatia in January because, despite his mini brainfarts, he's still a better defender than than Bonucci (who hasn't even be making these awesome passes out of defense lately).

I'm sorry Couscous breath. Please stay and help us win the CL and I promise to buy you the most expensive plate of Tajine this side of Fez.
Bonucci will still be a starter

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Looking at the replay again, I thought he was a bit unlucky, he got the ball during his 1 on 1 but it stayed on Zapata's feet. He should've switched position with Chiellini though, physical players is too much for him too handle.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Lol, Duvan targeted Bonucci not by chance, it's an obvious tactical move by Gasp. DeS was too late for backup though, it's his mistake also.
I disagree, it is too much to expect MDS to cover his own wing and inside Bonucci for when he mistakes. There was very little danger when Zapata received the ball and if Bonucci got his feet set and positioned himself properly there would be no issue. If MDS covers then he would have to drop back and then our defensive line would be all over the place and we wouldn't be able to play runners offside.

This is one offer highest earners and a player in a key area. It is ridiculous that other players should be expected to baby sit him. We already had Emre Can having to drop back to compete for headers against Zapata instead of Bonucci.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I disagree, it is too much to expect MDS to cover his own wing and inside Bonucci for when he mistakes.
No, it's not. DeS put himself a little too wide and was a little late. And no one babysitting him, don't be ridiculous. It's a normal way to play defense, cover for your man, no one plays strict mano o mano for 50 years or more.
Was it a mistake by Bonucci? Yes. Was it a mistake by DeS? Yes.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
No, it's not. DeS put himself a little too wide and was a little late. And no one babysitting him, don't be ridiculous. It's a normal way to play defense, cover for your man, no one plays strict mano o mano for 50 years or more.
Was it a mistake by Bonucci? Yes. Was it a mistake by DeS? Yes.
MDS had Castagne on his outside, he can't leave him. I'm not saying play man for man, but if you are RB and the opposition LW is wide open and your CB is covering their only other attacker in the middle, you need to cover the LW. It was amateur defending that should have easily been dealt with, MDS can't assume Bonucci will make basic mistakes and neglect his own duties, when there was no real danger.

I'd also add that Bonucci is defending an area five yards behind the line of MDS, Chiellini and Alex Sandro. If the line works properly and Bonucci reads the situation, he steps up and plays Zapata offside.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Come on, dude. You want to shit on Bonucci, sure, do your thing. But the worst thing MdS can do is stuck to his man and allow him to cut behind his back, he should not play wide, and he should be able to come for help. Also, closest DM should be able to help, but he also fucked up.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hahah, we win almost all of our games, have the best defense in Europe and yet after 1 game we concede you guys want to see him benched?
And yet, this is not the first time Bonucci fucks up this season, and it won't be the last. The only difference is if and when he fucks up in Serie A, we can make up the points; In the CL, if he fucks up, it's curtains.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)