• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
cl is like a lottery, tbh i wouldn't be too obsessed with it.

i honestly rate benatia, he's at least as good as bonbon, with different characteristics. we didn't need bonucci, but hey, who cares, if the balance sheet is fine, the team will be fine, too.
Actually i did another comparsion, with Benatia CL season 16/17 and he shits on Bonucci. Like u said its total lottery, depends on so many details thats its hard to tell.
Anyway having in mind that its really hard to keep Chiellini non injured for the whole season Im happy we have Bonucci.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
cl is like a lottery, tbh i wouldn't be too obsessed with it.

i honestly rate benatia, he's at least as good as bonbon, with different characteristics. we didn't need bonucci, but hey, who cares, if the balance sheet is fine, the team will be fine, too.
Well, Bonucci will definitely be more useful than Higuain. And more affordable. After CR7 signing it was obvious we'd have to sell Higgy.

The whole deal looks shitty if taken out of context. The context is everything in this situation though: we've had a fantastic mercato so far but we pretty much sold nobody. If this "shitty" deal goes through, we'll have a major squad upgrade without selling a single starter, which is amazing.

Sucks that we're losing Caldara but the guy would hardly find any space here. I'd rather sell him than Pjanic or AS for sure, because then we'd replace those two with the likes of Andre Gomes and Darmian so our starting 11 would get worse automatically.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
squawka comparison matrix has them. if you want to add more stats: link
What is really telling in all of this, if we go under the assumption that numbers don't lie, is that as awful as Bonucci was last year with Milan, he was still better than Caldara.

And in regards to Benatia vs Bonucci, the one good thing that we can take from this is that we have both again.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
None of you nerds know where "the boy must die" came from ?

Really ?

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf

And this applies to lgor's post yesterday too...neither were jokes or even funny so thats not an excuse
I wouldnt make a Harry Potter reference if i wasent joking. And be alot more specific.

Calm your vagina and remove the sand

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
This dude went from “shifting the balance”, “having the same effect Pirlo had for Juve, “it takes balls to leave Juve for Milan” to wanting to come back. This guy isn’t a real leader, don’t be fooled by his garlic eating tactics and motivational speaker. A true leader wouldn’t seek all the fame and praise and run off and take the captainancy away from another player like he did to Montolivo. This guy is a bum and this whole episode showed how much of a worm he is. Fuck him and the lame story he’s going to tell about why he needed to come back. He’ll prob even claim that it was Juve who sought him out because they really needed him that’s how much of an egotistical worm he is. He left Juve because he didn’t believe in Juve and we should never have accepted him back. /stubbornragepost

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Sucks that we're losing Caldara but the guy would hardly find any space here.
that's completely true on short-term. now, my context here is:
- barzagli retires next summer
- chiellini signed a 2-year contract
- benatia (and bonucci) over 31
- rugani is very good, but lacks the aggression of the elite

so in 2 years, caldara might be a starter for juve. he'd have 2 years to improve his passing, to learn from the best of the best, and become our next chiellini, who's been fundamental for us since calciopoli. he's also italian, which is important, because of our tradition, and because of our current squad's state in the foreseeable future: only perin and bernardeschi are those italians who are good enough to be in juve's squad on long-term. we'll have trouble to fill the squad's association grown quota in a couple of years.

before cr was announced, i thought caldara is the perfect signing this summer. anyway...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What is really telling in all of this, if we go under the assumption that numbers don't lie, is that as awful as Bonucci was last year with Milan, he was still better than Caldara.

And in regards to Benatia vs Bonucci, the one good thing that we can take from this is that we have both again.
numbers do lie: just add the "errors leading to goal" stat, and you'll see that bonucci had zero defensive errors leading to a goal last season. :baus: and nobody said caldara is already better than bonucci. i said that we don't need bonbon, because we have benatia.

it's nice to have both, though. as i said a couple of times, barzagli shouldn't be in the squad now. a chiellini, benatia, bonucci, caldara, rugani cb roster would have been the best of the last couple of years.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
can't belive we really re-sign this fuckhead.... I am not a Caldara fan boy to be honest i have never seen him play, but i just don't want him back at juve! he has been exposed as an total fraud! this guy literally can't defend.
i dont get this move.....

we'll lose another final with or without him anyways, so i'd rather not have him here.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
that's completely true on short-term. now, my context here is:
- barzagli retires next summer
- chiellini signed a 2-year contract
- benatia (and bonucci) over 31
- rugani is very good, but lacks the aggression of the elite

so in 2 years, caldara might be a starter for juve. he'd have 2 years to improve his passing, to learn from the best of the best, and become our next chiellini, who's been fundamental for us since calciopoli. he's also italian, which is important, because of our tradition, and because of our current squad's state in the foreseeable future: only perin and bernardeschi are those italians who are good enough to be in juve's squad on long-term. we'll have trouble to fill the squad's association grown quota in a couple of years.

before cr was announced, i thought caldara is the perfect signing this summer. anyway...
Your context and arguments are perfectly valid to me and I agree with you. Actually, over the past two years I've seen quite a bit of Atalanta and I was very happy with Caldara coming to us. After a mercato like the one we've had you have to sell though and circumstances led to Caldara being sacrificed. If we kept Caldara and Higuain we'd have to sell two other starters and that would suck badly (IMO much worse than what we're doing now). We're not about developing kids now, because CR7 won't be any younger and it looks like there's an opportunity to win the CL now as RM are rather stagnating than evolving. I don't like our obsession with the CL but it's there and we want that cup. If we win it we might go back to Milan and get Caldara/Romagnoli off them or go somewhere else once we decide we don't trust Chiellini/Benatia anymore. I believe that in the next couple of years Rugani - Bonucci will be starters for us and until then, we'll find the names and resources to make the defense stable again. Today, we have to sell to reduce the spending.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Now that it's happening for real, let's just at least never consider him as a captain. Treat him like he just started his Juve career.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Your context and arguments are perfectly valid to me and I agree with you. Actually, over the past two years I've seen quite a bit of Atalanta and I was very happy with Caldara coming to us. After a mercato like the one we've had you have to sell though and circumstances led to Caldara being sacrificed. If we kept Caldara and Higuain we'd have to sell two other starters and that would suck badly (IMO much worse than what we're doing now). We're not about developing kids now, because CR7 won't be any younger and it looks like there's an opportunity to win the CL now as RM are rather stagnating than evolving. I don't like our obsession with the CL but it's there and we want that cup. If we win it we might go back to Milan and get Caldara/Romagnoli off them or go somewhere else once we decide we don't trust Chiellini/Benatia anymore. I believe that in the next couple of years Rugani - Bonucci will be starters for us and until then, we'll find the names and resources to make the defense stable again. Today, we have to sell to reduce the spending.
@Seven

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Now that it's happening for real, let's just at least never consider him as a captain. Treat him like he just started his Juve career.
He'll be 3rd captain behind Chiellini and Marchisio

Which means he has a good chance of wearing the armband for some games next season ::lol3::

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
He'll be 3rd captain behind Chiellini and Marchisio

Which means he has a good chance of wearing the armband for some games next season ::lol3::
You think he hasn't thought of that when he considered a return? :seven:

He shouldn't be allowed to. He should go back to the end of the queue.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
@Seven

If Caldara-Bonucci straight swap is a good deal for us, why is it conditional on Minal buying Higuain? I guess Marotta might be bluffing, but logically, if it's a good deal on its own, Marotta would eventually agree even without Higuain going the other way, right?

If not, that means that Marotta is only agreeing to this swap in order to get rid of Higuain and knows Caldara is worth more than Bonucci.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 492)