Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
No, I'm sorry but I don't keep these things in my memory. Perhaps another Tuzzer will provide the examples.

They will be hidden as long as Chiellini is fit, in form, remains a starter and doesn't retire (who knows when that will be?) This is granting him that he can be consistent in a back 4 (which I don't believe, but we'll give it to him).

Why bother with such a needy defender who can only play with someone holding his hand? Get a cheaper, younger one who doesn't have to be all that great anyway to be a better defender than Bonucci.

Yes, I'm already resigned to selling Rugani... We need another defender, but not Bonucci.
In an ideal world I'd sell Higuain for 60m and go after a good CB. The problem is that nobody will pay that much for Higuain. From football standpoint Higuain will fit Milan very well because they don't have any big games for next season anyway. Though I'm surprised why a hedge fund, with typically short term profit in mind, would OK signing someone whose value will depreciate very fast.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
In an ideal world I'd sell Higuain for 60m and go after a good CB. The problem is that nobody will pay that much for Higuain. From football standpoint Higuain will fit Milan very well because they don't have any big games for next season anyway. Though I'm surprised why a hedge fund, with typically short term profit in mind, would OK signing someone whose value will depreciate very fast.
Exactly, I would rather 60m for Higuain but Bonucci+30m might be more reallistic.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I'm talking Benatia since he eventually came into form at Juve. Before that he was a mess, yes.

The number of Benatia fuckups at the end of the season, is nothing compared to Bonucci's.
So you're taking the short period Benatia was generally decent in Juve and comparing with Bonucci from 10-11 and onwards?

Mind you in Benatias best period for Juve he cost us CHL progression and almost threw the serie A away. Not bad for a months worth of defending.

Id suggest you stop to embarras yourselv.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Im calm. Im always calm regarding any transfers our management decides tondo. They have proven time and time again that they always have a plan. The success we enjoyed these last 7 yearsbspeaks for itself. So i never show emotions, always stay calma and wait untill May to see if what we have done on the transfer market had any effect. Its not logical to judge before a ball is even kicked. Even the season (i cant remember what year it was) when we were fucking 14th at one point in the season and finished winning the league at the end, shows that you have to always keep a cool head. That is why i endorse an article like this one. Players are humans, emotions can make you get caried away and do stupid things. Every single time i play football with my friends i loose it in the heatbof the battle and yell at them, say bad things which i regret at the end, ita just who i am even though i always try to control myself on the field.
https://www.juvefc.com/we-forgive-because-we-dont-forget/

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I will say this.

When Bonucci was sold, I don't remember a whole lot of people jumping in to say "Don't worry, Benatia got this."

The concerns were real. Granted, Bonucci had an overall horrible year in Milan, and Benatia may have exceeded some expectations, but I don't remember hardly anyone saying that Benatia was better than Leo when they were both here.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I will say this.

When Bonucci was sold, I don't remember a whole lot of people jumping in to say "Don't worry, Benatia got this."

The concerns were real. Granted, Bonucci had an overall horrible year in Milan, and Benatia may have exceeded some expectations, but I don't remember anyone saying that Benatia was better than Leo when they were both here.
Tenk u frend

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #20,848
    I will say this.

The concerns were real. Granted, Bonucci had an overall horrible year in Milan, and Benatia may have exceeded some expectations, but I don't remember hardly anyone saying that Benatia was better than Leo when they were both here.
    I wanted Bonucci sold each summer we had him here. He's overrated hack who stole Barza's and Chiellini's credit.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    So you're taking the short period Benatia was generally decent in Juve and comparing with Bonucci from 10-11 and onwards?

Mind you in Benatias best period for Juve he cost us CHL progression and almost threw the serie A away. Not bad for a months worth of defending.

Id suggest you stop to embarras yourselv.

Lol.

Benatia had a career before Juve, if you didn't know. He was superb at Roma, and mostly at Bayern. it took a while to find his feet at Juve, but when he did he was mostly solid. Again, I'm not a fan of Benatia, but he's a better defender than Bonucci and it's laughable to even debate.

Bonucci only started to look good when we began playing 3-5-2, so we could make use of his passing while not having to depend on him to defend.

I guess it's a coincidence he sucked at Milan. Or it's the rest of the team's fault?

But don't worry, I won't forget to mention you every time he proves me right this season :p

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I wanted Bonucci sold each summer we had him here. He's overrated hack who stole Barza's and Chiellini's credit.
    I know that you have been remarkably consistent in your feelings toward him. And that is not an insult or a backhanded complement

But explain this to me then. If us selling him for how much we did is a stroke of brilliance, then why was the overwhelming majority of our community so up in arms about it when it happened?

If the majority of people here now say he is lousy, then shouldn't they have been overjoyed with the sale? It was quite the opposite. At least that is how I remembered it.

- - - Updated - - -

I will, at our next Sauna session. I promise.

That is, if @Jem83 doesn't get to you first. I swear, that fucking Norwegian lives in that sauna.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
    Why can't we just sell them higuain for cheap??? What's the point of even getting bonucci back here if our priority is balancing our financial????????

This fraud defender is earning even higher wage than higuain!!! Surely 0 wage is still better for balancing the financial than even 50% cut of his wage????????? So unless he's okay with not getting paid...

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    from the barca game, benatia had a very good season, despite that howler on koulibaly. (the whole team and allegri got that game wrong anyway.) bonucci also had his weak moments even in his best periods. also, let's not forget that bonucci excelled in a 3-defender setup, he was a lot more shaky in a 4-man defense, and he was one of our worst players in cardiff, real completely exposed him. i wouldn't take him back even if he wasn't the rat he was. we simply don't need him with chiellini, benatia and caldara on board.

plus he's a rat. he simply spat on his juve legacy numerous times. footballers are not supposed to be the most intelligent persons, but i still expect some decency and integrity from our players. this fucking clown posed as the happiest person in the world when he finally left vinovo behind, accepted the milan armband despite being a former inda player and someone who won 6 scudetti with juve, played like shit for half of the season, and now he wants back? we should have some pride. fuck him, even if he accepts a massive pay cut on his last juve contract, let alone his gigantic 8m net salary gifted to him by that chinese nobody. he failed us in cardiff, he failed us last summer, he failed us in the stadium when he celebrated. he should have a spine and accept that his time at juve ended when he walked out.

worst juve transfer of this otherwise brilliant management if we take him back. it's juventus, not a safe house that you can leave and come back anytime if you feel so.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    People need to evaluate players based on their recent performances only. Who gives a fuck how 'awesome' Bonucci was 2-3 years ago. He's been absolutely dreadful for Milan for an entire season, what make us think he'll regain his confidence and form?

Easily Benatia > Bonucci right now. And he's earning less.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
    People need to evaluate players based on their recent performances only. Who gives a fuck how awesome Bonucci was 2-3 years ago. He's been absolutely dreadful for Milan for an entire season, what make us think that he'll regain his confidence and form?

Easily Benatia > Bonucci right now. And he's earning less.
    I would say mainly. He has had several good seasons with us and that counts for more than one shitty season at a disfunctional team.

He would likely be good for us again. But we shouldn't take him back for 3 reasons:

1. Too expensive.
    2. We don't need him.
    3. We need to have show some self respect, this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)