Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
In Milan yes. In his last three seasons with Juve he was solid. One of the best CB in the world. I hope it is that version we get back.
Yes, when he was protected by Chiellini and Barzagli. Without them, he was exposed.

People suggested it during his time at Juve, but I thought it was exaggeration. Then at Milan it became obvious, he is not up to standard as a defender.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
:tup: But it's not a debate if one party is just being emotional.
It's not a debate if this bothers me?

Lol. No matter how bad a situation is, there will always be those that rationalise it for whatever reason. Some to cope, some to appear smart (because they agree with the experts [Marotta & co.]), or whatever else

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I have to say one thing

If Allegri keeps taking like 10 years integrating younger players into the first team then i'm afraid we'll face a lot more such situations in the future

Caldara is probably aware of it too..

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Yes, when he was protected by Chiellini and Barzagli. Without them, he was exposed.

People suggested it during his time at Juve, but I thought it was exaggeration. Then at Milan it became obvious, he is not up to standard as a defender.
He played in a 2 man defense with Chiellini for the most part of the last 3 seasons and did really well. If he came back he would still play with Chiellini in a two man defense.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It's not a debate if this bothers me?

Lol. No matter how bad a situation is, there will always be those that rationalise it for whatever reason. Some to cope, some to appear smart (because they agree with the experts [Marotta & co.]), or whatever else
No. It's not a debate because your only reason for not wanting Bonucci here is because he was bad for one season. You only see this downside, but do not acknowledge that if we don't sell Higuain for a good value WE HAVE TO sell someone else. Are you OK with that?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Not really. He had long dominating spells paired with Chiello.

Man I hope we sign him so you can all backpedal into the horizon. Bunch of bitter ladies :kiss:

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
He's never fully convinced me in a back 4, he's still always going to have those brain fart moments which showed at milan too which is why montella had to change to a back 3 to accommodate which in turn cost him his job

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He played in a 2 man defense with Chiellini for the most part of the last 3 seasons and did really well. If he came back he would still play with Chiellini in a two man defense.
He did well at times, but he also had many bad moments in the back 4 - much more than say, Benatia has had. And I'm no fan of Benatia.

I mean, how much of his Milan (and Azzurri) performances can you blame on the rest of his team? Of course as defender it helps to have a solid team around you, but he was a shadow of the player that he was at Juve. It shows just how dependent he was on the protection that Juve provided.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 20, Guests: 470)