Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Don't you guys miss the adrenaline when Juve is properly challenged? The last seasons have been such a boredome. I miss seasons like 1998, 2003 or 2005, hell, even 2000. I even feel excited about Bonbon's transfer to Milan. I wish they and Inter buy more great players and we do the same. Then the fight can start.
I enjoy the rivalry with Napoli and Roma more. Milan can rot in Serie D for all I care.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Leonardo Bonucci won’t be the last Milan signing, as Lucas Biglia is on his way and there’s a reported push for Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata.

The Rossoneri and their new Chinese owners are unstoppable on the transfer market this summer, as Bonucci underwent his medical today ahead of a €40m plus €2m bonuses move from Juventus.

Biglia has left the Lazio training camp and is en route to Milan, where he is expected to arrive this evening and have fitness tests tomorrow morning.

According to Mediaset Premium, Bonucci is not just adding quality and prestige to the Rossoneri squad, but also acting as ambassador for another big move.

The centre-back is trying to convince Morata to accept a switch to San Siro as well, having worked together for two years at Juve.

Morata has limited playing time at Real Madrid, while Manchester United have already signed Romelu Lukaku and Chelsea appear to be targeting Borussia Dortmund hitman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The Chinese transfer market closed today, which means they both no longer face competition from those clubs for top stars.

Spain international Morata was named as first choice for Vincenzo Montella’s attack at the start of the summer and is now back in fashion.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
There are reports stating that we are able to take him back this year
We are bringing Caldara in this summer with Bonucci departure.
Oh I didn't know that. I like that idea :tup:, Bonucci cash to be put towards that 2nd winger, CM and RB that we need.
I think Bonucci's quality and experience pushes Milan past Napoli on paper now
Overall still a much stronger defence than Milan's. And in all other departments, there's a big gap in quality.
Meh on paper is one thing though. Milan will have an almost entirely new starting 11 and Montella is no Conte. Unlikely that they will just start off with a bang.
Am I the only one who has literally no concern with our defence provided that our team as a unit still maintains it's normal organization in front of the CBs?

We conceded like 2 goals when Bonucci didn't start for us. It's not like he was taking balls out of the net and stopping 1 on 1's all match.

He is good with the ball and he is good at anticipating. He will probably play the same role at Milan where Romagnoli and Mussachio man mark all match and he cleans up behind them. But if those two aren't up to the same standard as Chiellini-Barzagli, then watch out...
I'm not doubting our current CBs as individuals, but Bonucci brought so much fight to this team. And, at least I thought, he seemed like a leader. Could be wrong though if the Cardiff news is true.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Yes. I think Batistuta to Roma for around 30M was the biggest before this transfer.

Seems clubs don't want to pay big money for players in their thirties. Perhaps we have overvalued him around here.
You don't say :D

The transfer fee is below market value but not as much as many here seem to think. Once a player gets into his 30s, clubs look at him with different eyes.
I'd say, you guys could have gotten anywhere between 50-60 mil for Bonucci elsewhere, but that would have been the max, imo.
All things considered, 40 mil isn't a bad deal at all for Juve.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I doubt Bonucci forced anything Milan-related here. If he was looking for max contract, exposure, chance to win CL asap, he would be going to Chelsea or Real or something. not Milan.
Bonucci landing with Milan is more the product of circumstances than him forcing the move with the point of joining Milan.
Once it became clear that it would be ebst for both sides for Bonucci to leave Jive, and considering he and his family probably wanted to stay in Italy, Milan became the only option - no other Italian team can pay this moneys right now, besides Juve.
l.
Well either he misbehaved massively and the club decided to sell him no matter what or he forced his way out to Milan, I cant imagina a scenario where he'd end up looking like a good guy in all this. We may not know the details, but I'm pretty certain Bonbon is the one who paved this path, Juventus didnt suddenly decide to part ways with their most valuable defender because someone offered 40m.

If all was well, I would have sold pretty much anyone before him, Dybala and Sandro included (for the right lrice of course), but he himself chose to burn all the bridges, from hero to enemy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)