Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes, but you'd pay peantus to buy Tevez who'd be good here. That's exactly my point. I can't say the same about Ronaldo and Messi because there's a lot more behind those two moving anywhere.

You wouldn't spend over 30mln on Tevez surely... and rightfully so. You just don't spend big on such transfers. He'd cost around 5mln at this point. Just like Bonucci would cost around 15mln next year.

Tevez is 33 though. Bonucci is only 30. Of course you pay slightly less, because you won't be able to sell Bonucci in four years time for a lot of money, but you're also buying a defender at the peak of his ability. So yeah, I would ask for a hefty fee.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Going on at Bonucci not being that important takes the cake though :howler:

Of course he's important. He's one of the best defenders in the world. But if they believe he is disruptive and will harm the club, it's okay to sell him. Just not at that price imo.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems Milan are going to sign both Bonucci and Biglia in the same day.

Bigla for 17mln + 3mln bonuses.
Biglia sucks though.

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
Going on at Bonucci not being that important takes the cake though :howler:
He was really important for us. But if he disrupts the changing room, we need to do a ferguson and beckham his ass. Hopefully for the right price.

Oh and btw this transfer is the textbook definition of "blitz" :lol:

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,607
    Tevez is 33 though. Bonucci is only 30. Of course you pay slightly less, because you won't be able to sell Bonucci in four years time for a lot of money, but you're also buying a defender at the peak of his ability. So yeah, I would ask for a hefty fee.
    You're not in a position to negotiate the numbers when you as a club want him out and he himself wants out. You gotta take what's given and 40mln for a 30yo imo is fine. If anything it's a pity we didn't sell him last year for 60 or more.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Please stop saying that. Ronaldo and Messi are 2 players in 20 years period. They are machines.

Top clubs don't rely on 36yo CBs, though. I agree he can play more seasons but there's no way clubs would spend over 50mln on a 30yo defender.
    Clubs wouldn't pay 46million for a 16year old either. But that's happened as well. We live in strange times.

Götze, van Persie, Tevez, Torres. And most importantly: Luis Figo.

It happens. And it happens everywhere.
    That's (almost) a line from a cartoon my 3-yr old watches :D

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,609
    Of course he's important. He's one of the best defenders in the world. But if they believe he is disruptive and will harm the club, it's okay to sell him. Just not at that price imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Biglia sucks though.
    He's quite reliable imo. Very good signing in my books as he's the player they need right now.

Apparently Belotti has requested a transfer to Milan. If they get him, they are a top 2-3 team in Italy .
    If that happens then yea, you're right about it. Still.... they will good on the paper. But I'm curious to see how much time they will need to settle with a whole new team. Dunno if they will instantly become second. It's literally a whole new team at this point.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    Apparently Belotti has requested a transfer to Milan. If they get him, they are a top 2-3 team in Italy .
    If they sign him on paper they have great squad, but you never know with so many buys. I would say they will challenge us but probably will end up at 3rd or 4th place.
    They also wont have bench options and I fail to see how are they gonna meet FFP requirements.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    He's quite reliable imo. Very good signing in my books as he's the player they need right now.

If that happens then yea, you're right about it. Still.... they will good on the paper. But I'm curious to see how much time they will need to settle with a whole new team. Dunno if they will instantly become second. It's literally a whole new team at this point.
    They are guaranteed to make Champions league next year imo.

I guess these investments is what might have prompted Bonucci to join them even if he dint consider them at first.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    If they sign him on paper they have great squad, but you never know with so many buys. I would say they will challenge us but probably will end up at 3rd or 4th place.
    They also wont have bench options and I fail to see how are they gonna meet FFP requirements.
    FFP is rubbish

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
    Feb 8, 2015
    They'll surely be competing with Inter for top financial disaster, the way they're spending their wage bill will soon surpass their yearly income
    Really hoping Roma-Napoli finish 2-3. One of Inter or Milan will be doomed if they fail to reach CL. Milan in a worse situation if they fail imo.

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    One way or another, i wish this one could be put to bed, and soon. Fed up of hearing about the guy now and its taking over my life.
    When i make a brew in the morning, i stir the hot tea and when the steam clears, Bonucci's face is smiling back at me from in the cup.
    I sit down in my car and set off for work, as i adjust my rear view mirror, there he is, Leo, sat in the back of my car with his hair tickling my roof.
    At work my boss sits me down for a lecture, nothing he says sinks in, all i hear is the distant murmerings of a drowning duck, because stood there, right infront of me, lecturing me is Bonucci.
    I go home from a hard days work and give my wife a kiss, then as our lips unlock BOOM he is there again. Bonuccis head on my missus' body looking gazingly into my eyes, wanting me to whisk him up to bed.
    My Son wakes for a feed at 3am, i go down to warm his bottle. As i cradle him in my arms i look down and see a hungry, upset Bonu wanting milk.

This is just a typical day for me right now!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    What?

Who said Milan are a rival? We're not fighting for a 5th spot with them.
    bonucci, belotti (watch them get him, too), romagnoli, conti, bonaventura, that portuguese striker guy, donnarumma, biglia are a strong core for a team. and milan are milan anyway. you don't send them your starters, especially not after calciopoli.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    I agree its Rugani's time to shine. However, Chiellini, Benatia and Barzagli have all shown they are either getting to old or are injury prone. Still I don't want to see us waste money on Manolas. Despite saying this, I would rather we just stay put on CBs.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,620
    They are guaranteed to make Champions league next year imo.

I guess these investments is what might have prompted Bonucci to join them even if he dint consider them at first.
    They have Silva and now that they signed Bonucci and Biglia I doubt they'll get to buy anyone else. Especially a Belotti. Don't forget that they bought Silva already.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 495)