Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Bonucci is a bit of a poseur, he probably thinks he has to react to a challenge like that, even if it is his coach. End of the day Allegri could bench any of our players no problem, no player is irreplaceable at Juve. We might be weakened by doing it but players come and go, Bonucci knows how good he has it here.
He has definitely talked a bit too much about how the new players need to understand the way we do things bla bla bla but he has been careless on the field pretty much all season. He just needs to take a step back, he isn't Buffon, he also needs to keep himself in line. Leo si sente figo, way too much.

Buy on AliExpress.com

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
He's been fined by the club. I think what's happening is Max is too laid back and the players think they can get away with this. In the end, both coach and club will lay the smackdown on ANY player who gets out of line. With that being said I hope this is all swept under the rug soon and Bon-Bon returns to being an exemplary figure at Juve. Shocking to see this from him tbh. Dybala is young and Licht is our cunty player who has done this to other coaches before. But from Bonucci it was shocking.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Leonardo Bonucci: It took everything I had to reject Manchester City move in the summer

Leonardo Bonucci has admitted he did not find it easy to resist the advances of Manchester City and Pep Guardiola in the summer but insists he is happy to still be at Juventus. Bonucci’s brilliant form over the last couple of seasons saw the Italian heavily linked with a move away from Juventus last year with Manchester City rumoured to be interested in the centre-back. The 29-year-old – who joined the Old Lady in 2010 – nonetheless opted to remain in Turin and has been his usual excellent self this campaign, helping Juventus to sit atop the Serie A table. It could have been different for Bonucci though had he taken up City’s offer to move to the Premier League, with the centre-back confessing he was close to a transfer.

Bonucci indicated that the idea of working with Pep Guardiola nearly had him packing for the Etihad Stadium while also confirming that there was interest as well from Barcelona. Bonucci said, according to 90min: “”Saying no to Barcelona and Manchester City was not easy. How could it be when the best coach in the world wants to sign you?
“It took all of my being to turn down Guardiola – it was not a decision I took lightly. I am happy to be at Juventus. I want to win in Italy and begin to do so in Europe.”

The experienced defender made his 300th appearance for Juventus over the weekend and has played in 19 Serie A matches this season.

http://www.squawka.com/news/leonard...ect-manchester-city-move-in-the-summer/906175

This is some serious journalism... :lol: :lol: :sergio:

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
Leo regrets not signing with City last summer and extending his contract with Juve in December. This episode is a come and get me plea to the EPL giants. City, Chelsea, and United on red alert.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
RAMI¹⁰;5464433 said:
It doesn't make sense to fine him and leave the other two unpunished.
Makes perfect sense: bonucci actually cussed him out for no apparent reason. The other two reacted to being subbed.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Most likely. Lets hope this fine sets a precedent to players, but lets see how they will react. If they are mad about something, they will continue to show discomfort. Allegri needs to fix this asap

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Maybe Max lost his influence in the dressing room because the rumours of him leaving at the end of the season are in fact true and the players have since come to know about it indirectly. :shifty:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Bonucci: 'Juventus have to be great’
By Football Italia staff

Leonardo Bonucci warns “it’ll take a great Juventus” to beat Porto, who “have nothing to lose”.

The Bianconeri face the Portuguese side at the Dragao on Wednesday, in the first leg of their Champions League Last 16 tie.

“Maybe Porto aren’t a big team when compared to some others who finished second in the group, but there’s utmost respect from our side,” Bonucci told UEFA’s official website.

“They went through a difficult period earlier in the season but they’ve overcome it. We’ll face a team which can rely on interesting youngsters and who will take the field against us with the attitude that they have nothing to lose.

“For that reason, it will take a truly great Juve to continue our European journey.”

Coach Max Allegri has switched to an attacking 4-2-3-1 formation recently, how is he preparing the team for this match?

“Allegri is a Coach who likes to talk, and he has a way of bringing out the best in each player through dialogue.

“In certain moments though, he knows how to unleash that hunger, that anger and mental intensity which he’s repeatedly proved he has.

“His way of understanding football is very clever, because he knows how to read the qualities of a squad and, as we’ve seen this year, work out the best way to put those qualities on the pitch.

“Now we’ve found this formation which enhances our capabilities and allows us to play a more European style. The Coach deserves credit for finding this formula.

The match is being billed a battle of the goalkeepers, as Iker Casillas and Gianluigi Buffon face off for the 17th time.

“They’re two great legends of world football,” Bonucci acknowledged.

“I don’t know Casillas personally, but I know Gigi and there’s only one of him. There will only ever be one Gianluigi Buffon, forever.

“In these 20 years of his career, Gigi has shown himself to be unique, and those who come after him shouldn’t try to emulate him, but be themselves, because Buffon was and is the best goalkeeper in the history of football.

“Whoever comes after Buffon and Casillas will need to be reliable and grow over time, but above all he must be himself, because it’s impossible to emulate two legends.”

-------

Now he has nothing but praise for max.
I don't know what the hell is happening :lol:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
"“I don’t know Casillas personally, but I know Gigi and there’s only one of him. There will only ever be one Gianluigi Buffon, forever.

“In these 20 years of his career, Gigi has shown himself to be unique, and those who come after him shouldn’t try to emulate him, but be themselves, because Buffon was and is the best goalkeeper in the history of football."

:tup:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Bonucci wears his heart on his sleeve and his passion got him carried away during a match but he is a model professional and once he calmed down a bit realized he is in the wrong to publicly cuss out the coach.

Even if he really does dislike Allegri he is mature and classy enough to handle it like an adult and not an angry child like some footballers do.

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
Now he has nothing but praise for max.
I don't know what the hell is happening :lol:
Reads to me like this interview was done before the Palermo game, but only released now.

There's no way they wouldn't have asked him about the "incident".

If they had, I'm sure he'd have just said "I was angry in the heat of the moment, I was wrong, we all respect the Coach" but I think this is probably a pre-recorded interview.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Bonucci doesnt dislike Allegri at all.

He tought a mistake was made and wanted to help, Allegri didnt like it, the coach doesnt need to accept meddeling, and told him off.
Bonucci reacted with something like "cmon man what the fuck", but italians tend to swear alot when venting irrtation.
He knew he was wrong, headed inside. He'll take the fine and the circle is closed.

Bonucci is a role model and a leader. They are held at higher standards cause they set them. He knows that. I'm sure he'll still be able to afford his bread with the remaining of his wages.

Jun 6, 2015
I love how you make these explanations like you know them personally and just finished talking with one of them on the phone.
Zach frequently visits Bonucci at his casa. Bonucci always serves a nice dish of spaghetti aglio e olio to Zach. Zach of course adds his own high quality sirloin to the dish to get the complete amino acid profile.

Anyways the point is Zach knows Bonucci personally so it's easy for him to make that characterization.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 20, Guests: 470)