Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
None of this makes sense to be honest. Real have 3 solid cb's , it makes absolutely no sense for them to trade one of the most talented young players in Europe for another cb.
They're rumoured to want to sell Sergio Ramos.. Although that wouldn't make much sense either. It would piss off Ronaldo. And he has been pissed off a lot lately. I bet if they sell Ramos, he'll want to leave.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They're rumoured to want to sell Sergio Ramos.. Although that wouldn't make much sense either. It would piss off Ronaldo. And he has been pissed off a lot lately. I bet if they sell Ramos, he'll want to leave.
I think Ramos is making noise about wanting to leave because he isn't getting the contract he was promised, and the club management did not appreciate his stance and public comments in support of Ancelotti. All that is games though imo, eventually they will give him the contract he's asking for, they cannot afford to lose him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But isn't that true? Attackers are the stars of the game, every other position unfortunately is considered less glamourous and treated like a supporting cast even though it's those positions that are more often than not the positions that keep a game together.

To answer your question about Chiellini, I would make the trade between him and Isco as well. I don't get why Bonucci fans think he is being crucified. Make no mistake, he was one of the most important pieces of the Juve puzzle last season, so I don't think people would blindly trade him as part of just about any move.

This one rumour if it's anywhere close to being true, would be a hard one to miss out on though given how Allegri is setting up the team next season. Rather Bonnucci be sacrificed than Vidal or Pogba in my view, and I say this as a fan of Bon Bon this past season.
No I'm saying imagine Chiellini had any kind of form last season and this was proposed, you'd see more opposition.

Attackers may be the stars of the game to you but players should be judged on importance, not how nice they are to watch. Currently Bonucci is our most important defender. So sure, if you want to lose your most important striker, main creative midfielder and most important defender in one summer then it is a good decision. Maybe Pogba and Vidal can go as well if the price is right and we can sign more attackers. The more of the team we change the more integration is required and the tougher next season will be.

NO ALLA CHOP AND CHANGE!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think Ramos is making noise about wanting to leave because he isn't getting the contract he was promised, and the club management did not appreciate his stance and public comments in support of Ancelotti. All that is games though imo, eventually they will give him the contract he's asking for, they cannot afford to lose him.
Yeah, I don't think he's going anywhere either. It would be weird to see him at another club, it would infuriate Ronaldo and it might not sit well with their crowd. I don't think Real are interested in Bonucci in the slightest TBH.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah, I don't think he's going anywhere either. It would be weird to see him at another club, it would infuriate Ronaldo and it might not sit well with their crowd. I don't think Real are interested in Bonucci in the slightest TBH.
Neither do I. I doubt they're interested in any cb's tbh.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Terry too had an amazing season btw. He was by far the best cb in the EPL and barely put a foot wrong all season.
Terry is more of a natural defender, tbh he rolled back the years this season. He can't play the intricate stuff Bonucci can but he's still one of the best real defenders.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Terry too had an amazing season btw. He was by far the best cb in the EPL and barely put a foot wrong all season.
:agree: (Even though I did see him make a couple of mistakes.) Probably one of his best seasons among the ones where I've seen quite a bit of Chelsea.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4993656 said:
CIvy4ZBWUAAoePL.jpg
@Alex-444
He's so fucking handsome. :tuttosport:

None of this makes sense to be honest. Real have 3 solid cb's , it makes absolutely no sense for them to trade one of the most talented young players in Europe for another cb.
As Seven said, it's rumored that Ramos is threatening to leave for a better contract. This is obviously just hypothetical as I don't see Real going for Bonucci (especially including Isco in their deal), but as a transfer, it would make more sense for them to go for Bonucci than Terry, as Terry can't give them more than 2 good seasons at most.

@Klin disagree with you about Terry being a better Cb. Bonnucci has been better this season at least.
No, Terry is a better defender IMO, but to a certain point, I'd say that we need someone with Bonucci's skills more than we do with Terry's, considering he'll be paired with Chiellini.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's so fucking handsome. :tuttosport:

As Seven said, it's rumored that Ramos is threatening to leave for a better contract. This is obviously just hypothetical as I don't see Real going for Bonucci (especially including Isco in their deal), but as a transfer, it would make more sense for them to go for Bonucci than Terry, as Terry can't give them more than 2 good seasons at most.

No, Terry is a better defender IMO, but to a certain point, I'd say that we need someone with Bonucci's skills more than we do with Terry's, considering he'll be paired with Chiell
ini.
Agree with the bolded.
is ramos gonna stay there?
I'm personally sure he is. The whole thing is a game to force the Real board to give him the salary he wants.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No I'm saying imagine Chiellini had any kind of form last season and this was proposed, you'd see more opposition.

Attackers may be the stars of the game to you but players should be judged on importance, not how nice they are to watch. Currently Bonucci is our most important defender. So sure, if you want to lose your most important striker, main creative midfielder and most important defender in one summer then it is a good decision. Maybe Pogba and Vidal can go as well if the price is right and we can sign more attackers. The more of the team we change the more integration is required and the tougher next season will be.

NO ALLA CHOP AND CHANGE!
Your interpretation of what i said above is off. It is not my individual view that attackers are the be all of the game, however, it is the understanding of clubs in the transfer game at large to position them as the most important/valuable pawns in the market. It maybe hypothetical as a stance, since it hasn't been suggested or won't transpire, and this time I speak for myself, but Id take the same hardline with Chiellini as well - simply because the chop and change would have as much of an adverse effect, perhaps less detrimentally in my view, than losing Vidal/Pogba at this point, especially with Pirlo and Tevez gone.

No, Terry is a better defender IMO, but to a certain point, I'd say that we need someone with Bonucci's skills more than we do with Terry's, considering he'll be paired with Chiellini.
Terry is the better defender, in natural defensive ability and keeping with all the traditional attributes of a CB, but therein lies the plot twist. Bonnucci did all that this season, and bettered it with his ball control and delivery - which is where he kind of gets my vote for winning this tie.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
He's 28 man, you make it sound like he's an upcoming player.

Fact of the matter is, this is typical recency effect bias. The guy had a very good season, and all of a sudden he $#@!s on Europe's best defenders.
28 is the age when italian defenders start playing real football. 28 means 24 in italian defenders' years....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)