Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We are talk about Juventus...Capitano is Italian entitled to.

Also, i can see Pogba leaving 5 years later, like Zidane.
so then answer me this. who will we make our captain after Marchisio, Bonucci, and co. retire (or leave to retire somewhere else) and assuming Pogba, Morata, Pererya etc. are still here? Sturaro? Berardi? Rugani? do you seriously think we would skip those non-italian players in the captain selecting after them being loyal to the club for 10+ years for a reason as foolish as them not being italian?

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
so then answer me this. who will we make our captain after Marchisio, Bonucci, and co. retire (or leave to retire somewhere else) and assuming Pogba, Morata, Pererya etc. are still here? Sturaro? Berardi? Rugani? do you seriously think we would skip those non-italian players in the captain selecting after them being loyal to the club for 10+ years for a reason as foolish as them not being italian?
That's not what he said, we traditionally choose Italian as Captain, even the great Sivori have italian roots, and playing for italian NT too.
And when it comes to tradition, it's really hard to loose.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That's not what he said, we traditionally choose Italian as Captain, even the great Sivori have italian roots, and playing for italian NT too.
And when it comes to tradition, it's really hard to loose.
i know what he said, thats why i asked him the question. you can answer it too if you want, which italian will we chose as a captain after this generation leaves and we still have Pogba and/or Morata here? that history of us picking italian captains can be misleading actually. take a look at our captains in the past at the time they received the armband and try to figure out what other (international) players could have received the captain band instead. we chose those people as captains because they were the most deserving of the armband at the time, not because they were italian

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
true :tup:

balotelli isnot italian but he has been played for italy and osvaldo has also been selected at times despite, like Camoranesi, being born in Argentina.Gentile was born in ’53 shortly after Libya was given independence. His parents were Italian.i think in professional football isnt important. schmeichel was man utd capitan or batistuta was fiorentina capitan.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
i know what he said, thats why i asked him the question. you can answer it too if you want, which italian will we chose as a captain after this generation leaves and we still have Pogba and/or Morata here? that history of us picking italian captains can be misleading actually. take a look at our captains in the past at the time they received the armband and try to figure out what other (international) players could have received the captain band instead. we chose those people as captains because they were the most deserving of the armband at the time, not because they were italian
To tell you the truth i don't have any clue, and i can't let myself to believe we could tie pogba for next 10yr, maybe rugani and co. would step up, then again it's still a lot of time for us to worry.
I agree we should give a non-italian a captaincy candidate, all i said we have those tradition, and even platini doesn't count in our past captaincy candidate, because he's non-italian.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Thuram captained us from time to time. I don't think we need to make it an Italian-only option, rather than choosing the player with the right skill set. not just give it to someone cause he's been with our club the longest.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Platini joined Juve in 82. at that time, Giuseppe Furino was the clubs captain (he was playing at Juve since 69) who retired 2 years later in 84. would you make Platini the captain after only 2 years at the club while you have Scirea playing there since 74? also, Platini retired in Juve in 87, Scirea in 88. Platini simply had no chance of getting the armband, and i imagine a similar situation occurred to other non-italians who could have be captains here

- - - Updated - - -

Furino played for Juve from 69 to 84, was captain from 74 to 84
Scirea played for Juve from 74 to 88, was captain from 84 to 88

Platini played for Juve from 82 to 87, he simply had no chance

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Is he really?

Platini joined Juve in 82. at that time, Giuseppe Furino was the clubs captain (he was playing at Juve since 69) who retired 2 years later in 84. would you make Platini the captain after only 2 years at the club while you have Scirea playing there since 74? also, Platini retired in Juve in 87, Scirea in 88. Platini simply had no chance of getting the armband, and i imagine a similar situation occurred to other non-italians who could have be captains here

- - - Updated - - -

Furino played for Juve from 69 to 84, was captain from 74 to 84
Scirea played for Juve from 74 to 88, was captain from 84 to 88

Platini played for Juve from 82 to 87, he simply had no chance
Granted he had no chance

Thuram captained us from time to time. I don't think we need to make it an Italian-only option, rather than choosing the player with the right skill set. not just give it to someone cause he's been with our club the longest.
As a subtitute captain, not as full campaign captain.
ofc we shouldn't make it italian only, as i'm saying before, we shouldn't
But, we have really long tradition of italian as our captain

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Its quite clear why there is a preference to having Italians as captains and that is mainly coz they're very likely to remain loyal to the club more so than foreign players.Ofcourse there are exceptions but in all likelihood this more or less seems to be the case.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
At least one of Bonucci and Marchisio will still be here 6 years from now. That's a long ass time for a football club a lot can happen in these years. If Pogba, Morata or Pereyra are still with us by then, are among our best/most consisten performers and express no desire to leave, yes, we would make them caiptan. But that's a lot of ifs.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
icemaη;4891995 said:
Another Marchisio denier :disagree:
I love him and all, he's been an absolute revelation this season! However, to say he'll be here in 6 years from now, that ridiculous! His style of play is very demanding physically and I doubt he can go on in his 30's playing like this, dude is 29. I don't want him sold or to leave, he's a Juventino for life, but he doesn't seem to be the type of player that would be blessed with longevity.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm kind of afraid to compliment because he seems very jinxable, he may have a tendency to go over the moon with compliments. Gotta keep feet on the ground.
Bro. I don't think you have to worry about Bonucci going over the moon and losing his abilities because random people on an english-speaking Juventus forum are complimenting him...

- - - Updated - - -

i could see that happening actually, hes rarely injured and doesent play as physical as Chiellini for example. but will he still be a regular starter for us? i could see Marchisio starting at DM till hes 37-38 years old. but lets say Bonucci stays and starts longer than Marchisio, he would then be our captain for only 1-2 years. after that Pogba will be the captain for 5-6 years and then retire as a legend here

- - - Updated - - -

why? by the time (Marchisio and probably Bonucci too retire), Pogba will be 31-32 and a member of Juve for over 10 years, more than any other player present at the club at that time. so why wouldnt he be the captain then? cuz hes not italian? what a stupid reason to not be a captain

and Marchisio (perhaps)? dafuq?
WTF Zizinho. :sergio:

IF we have any aspirations at all as a club, Marchisio will not be starting in our midfield at 38 years old. That's for clubs like Roma. :rofl:

And Pogba is not going to spend his entire career here. It's not even a possibility. I'm optimistic we can keep him slightly longer than most of the rest of Europe thinks, but I give us 4 more years tops with him. In all likelihood, he's gone after Euro 2016.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 565)