• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bonucci does nothing wrong there.

He takes up a perfectyl reasonable position to try and block the cross.

The problems are simply caused by whoever it was that slipped as he is the one who was in the position to mark Honda and put him under enough pressure that he wouldn't be able to control the shot.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005

The problems are simply caused by whoever it was that slipped as he is the one who was in the position to mark Honda and put him under enough pressure that he wouldn't be able to control the shot.
it was very difficult just follow the Honda
he thought if it is to stand still
he blocks Japanese

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

It's a good bit of positioning by Honda. I also wouldn't expect Ogbonna to cover, he's not that switched on.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
In an ideal situation Bonucci would block a cross by positioning him near the first post, which he did, Evra would mark Honda and Ogbonna cover the guy at the far post.

Evra slipping and brilliant positiong and finish from Honda fucked us up.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Defenders often have to deal with unpredictable situations; it's not always by the book. The difference between great, good and barely decent defenders is closely related to the aspect of decision making. Bonucci is in this latter category and reminded us again that that he is uncapable to quickly adapt. Further more his attempt to block Honda's shot looks pathetic. I've seen better attempts at amateur levels.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
In this situation there was very little he could have done. You could make an argument that Ogbonna, after he saw Evra slipping, should have changed his course and marked Honda, but he literally had fractions of a second to make that decision.

There are plenty of goals Bonucci is the one to take the majority of the blame, but this is not one of them.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's not fair to blame him for the goal but it's funny to watch him try to change direction. When he puts his right leg down it's like an anchor dropped into an ocean.

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
Defenders often have to deal with unpredictable situations; it's not always by the book. The difference between great, good and barely decent defenders is closely related to the aspect of decision making. Bonucci is in this latter category and reminded us again that that he is uncapable to quickly adapt. Further more his attempt to block Honda's shot looks pathetic. I've seen better attempts at amateur levels.
:lol::lol:
I'm not defending Bonucci here, but how the fuck is he supposed to block that?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Shhhhh. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)