Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
I would sell him for anything above 20m. And not because of his form or something, but because of simple calculation. In our team there are two players who have gained the most from formation we have been playing so far, I mean 352. And these players are Bonucci, who would have been rotting on the bench if Conte had decided to deploy 4-men back line last year, and Vidal, who can show all his upsides running back and forth from one box to another.

In case of switching into 433, I see Bonucci warming the bench again, as he is very good in the role of sweeper - last link in the 3-man defence. He is mistake prone defender, sometimes too shaky and unconcentrated, too passive to even have a chance to be rock solid in 4-man back line. He is really decent player, with a lot of relevant values, but I'm convinced that he was born and bred to carry out his assigments perfectly as a last link in 3-man defence. He won't be awful as a central defender in 433 for example, but there are much better and cheaper players than him on that position, in addition - available to buy for peanuts.

The same story when it comes to Vidal. If we would change our strategy to 424 or 4231 and he would be tied to defensive midfielder role, it doesn't make sense, as his traits predispose him to play only as box to box. It would be waste of human resources to force him play as a defensive midfielder for long period of time.

Bartolo

May 18, 2014
I would sell him for anything above 20m. And not because of his form or something, but because of simple calculation. In our team there are two players who have gained the most from formation we have been playing so far, I mean 352. And these players are Bonucci, who would have been rotting on the bench if Conte had decided to deploy 4-men back line last year, and Vidal, who can show all his upsides running back and forth from one box to another.

In case of switching into 433, I see Bonucci warming the bench again, as he is very good in the role of sweeper - last link in the 3-man defence. He is mistake prone defender, sometimes too shaky and unconcentrated, too passive to even have a chance to be rock solid in 4-man back line. He is really decent player, with a lot of relevant values, but I'm convinced that he was born and bred to carry out his assigments perfectly as a last link in 3-man defence. He won't be awful as a central defender in 433 for example, but there are much better and cheaper players than him on that position, in addition - available to buy for peanuts.

The same story when it comes to Vidal. If we would change our strategy to 424 or 4231 and he would be tied to defensive midfielder role, it doesn't make sense, as his traits predispose him to play only as box to box. It would be waste of human resources to force him play as a defensive midfielder for long period of time.
I'm having a hard time understanding why Vidal would not shine in any other formation... find us some wingers go 4231 and we have an extremely solid double-pivot of Vidal-Pogba.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 152)

• Ali