Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What are you talking about ? :lol: This is such a horribly ignorant post.Mertesacker's positioning is probably one of his best traits and his lack of pace is made up by Koscielny who has developed into a legit beast defender in the past season or so.Maybe he might be a bit of a reckless tackler,but he's an excellent defender no doubt.Mertesacker and Koscielny compliment each other very well and no wonder Arsenal have the best defensive record in the league.

And Arsenal arent as possession oriented as Barca for instance nowadays.They seem to have sacrifised style for results.

Also if the likes of Hummels and Vertonghen are described as 'terrible' defenders,i dont know what describes Bonucci then..
Again I am not saying Bonnuci is as good as these players I am saying he is around their level and exhibits the same qualities and weaknesses that most modern centre backs have.

Most CBs are either all muscle/tacklers but no brains (Ramos, Pepe, Kos, Caceras) or poor tacklers and error prone but great ball players (Hummels, Luiz, Bonbon, Vertonghen, Vermalean, Pique).

The more balanced ones that are really well rounded are the likes of Thiago Silva, Barzagli, Varane, an in-form Kompany, a young Ricardo Carvalho. Each type has its pros and cons. This type is very rare and are the type that I'd trust in a one on one against a top player.

Bonbon is not of that type and neither are the guys that I mentioned. When I said terrible defenders I wasnt making a blanket statement, They are good centerbacks but their defensive skills are not why they are considered good centerbacks it is rather their ball playing or their physicality.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So you are allowed to hate Osvaldo?
We are just borrowing him (for now), so I can dislike him all I want. Bonucci is a likable guy, and isn't a troublemaker with an inflated ego that doesn't match his limited talent a la Osvaldo.

If we do end up buying Osvaldo, I will begrudgingly have to wish him well in our jersey, but I am never going to like him. I don't hate him, because he isn't significant enough for me to have such strong negative feelings for.

Jul 20, 2012
We are just borrowing him (for now), so I can dislike him all I want. Bonucci is a likable guy, and isn't a troublemaker with an inflated ego that doesn't match his limited talent a la Osvaldo.

If we do end up buying Osvaldo, I will begrudgingly have to wish him well in our jersey, but I am never going to like him. I don't hate him, because he isn't significant enough for me to have such strong negative feelings for.
Bonucci is so fun to watch also. Especially when he runs into the midfield with the ball and loses possesion.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:rolleyes: Let's just wait and see how Osvaldo actually performs (or doesn't) before the tireless tirades on BonBon ffs. One of them is our full time player, and the other is borrowed from a mediocre English club where he couldn't establish himself and caused problems.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I wouldn't trust Pepe, Ramos, Hummels, Pique, Caceras, Mascherano, De Mechilis, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Rio ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Phil Jones, Skrtel, Terry, Vertonghen, Dawson, Albiol, Toure, Rannochia, Alex, Juan Jesus, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermalean and current form Kompany either...

There arent many proper center backs in the world. We are lucky to have two of the world's best in Chiellini and Barzagli. There are very few defenders at their level today.
listen here, Cronios. All i asked was a simple question. no need to type and essay and try to shift the topic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 347)