Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If you're a sweeper or a libero either way he should have been at least closing his man down. If you aren't going to commit to the tackle atleast attempt to shut down the angle which bonccui attempted( I guess thats an attempt). Bonucci is terrible, if an offer comes for 25m or even 20, just sell him. We have Ogbonna and while he might not have the same vision, I rather have someone who is not afraid to make a challenge.
This is my point exactly. We're no world beaters that's why we need to 'simplify' things if you know what I mean. CB is there to defend above all, not being a playmaker.

Chiellini gets the ball too much as well. He's so clueless with it yet he's the one who has it the most at his feet in this system.

I mean wingers to defend and Cbs to attack or make the game? not with the squad we have right now. There's an obvious need to shift the play further up the pitch by aster and more technical players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
RAMI¹⁰;4393213 said:
I blame Chiellini for the goal more than BonBon...
If we want to be fair, both of chielini and bonucci, Isla ,and Conte are to be blamed for this elimination. Maybe even tevez for not scoring a single goal, but the guy have done so much this season so ill not blame him.

But one thing is sure , at least for me, and that is that we have been spoiled and brainwashed by this defence.

Don let those clean sheets against shitty serie teams fool you. Our defence is not superbly good as we think. This season , Bonucci chiello and Buffon have been error prone. Bonucci is unreliable, Chiello is kind of inconsistent as of late and you dont know what Buffon will show up most of the time.

Say what u want fellas, but the signs are clear, and we need to improve on this if we want to achieve something. The Juventus defence always, ALWAYS cracks when facing WC oppositon.

Jul 20, 2012
If we want to be fair, both of chielini and bonucci, Isla ,and Conte are to be blamed for this elimination. Maybe even tevez for not scoring a single goal, but the guy have done so much this season so ill not blame him.

But one thing is sure , at least for me, and that is that we have been spoiled and brainwashed by this defence.

Don let those clean sheets against $#@!ty serie teams fool you. Our defence is not superbly good as we think. This season , Bonucci chiello and Buffon have been error prone. Bonucci is unreliable, Chiello is kind of inconsistent as of late and you dont know what Buffon will show up most of the time.

Say what u want fellas, but the signs are clear, and we need to improve on this if we want to achieve something. The Juventus defence always, ALWAYS cracks when facing WC oppositon.
Buffon is not to blame at all for the goal. He had a good game, he made that one save that I believe drogba shot and yilmaz almost got the rebound. Chiellini to me looks more lost than Bonucci. Chiellini yesterday did absolutely nothing right and while I blame Bonucci for not pressuring Snejider more, Chiellini just basically gave possession away every single time.

- - - Updated - - -

However bonucci makes me question why Juve spent all that money on him. He sticks out his leg all the time, he is deflection prone and he just doesn't look comfortable in the defence. He should be dropped and sold

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Buffon is not to blame at all for the goal. He had a good game, he made that one save that I believe drogba shot and yilmaz almost got the rebound. Chiellini to me looks more lost than Bonucci. Chiellini yesterday did absolutely nothing right and while I blame Bonucci for not pressuring Snejider more, Chiellini just basically gave possession away every single time.

- - - Updated - - -

However bonucci makes me question why Juve spent all that money on him. He sticks out his leg all the time, he is deflection prone and he just doesn't look comfortable in the defence. He should be dropped and sold
About Buffon, im talking about the whole 6 games... not yerterday where he was good of course. But in the first 3 for example.. he looked shaky.
Bonucci and Chiellino on the other hand... were bad from beginign to end, and costed us the qualification.

And yes, we definitely overpaid for an unproven defender like a bonucci and we are paying th price. What a flop he has been.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Bonucci has been a flop? What are we basing this on, his Juventus career, this CL campaign, the last game we played?
Yup, as a whole. Since he came here.
He never has inspired confidence.

The first years eh came here , he was a disaster , but hey! the whole team was, and the midfield was so bad that the def was pressed to no end.
Then under Conte, he started where he left, being shaky and underperforming. By the end of the sfirst season he started to stop doing his blunders and people commented on how he improved and so on... but then he returned to his former self of blunders and deflected balls into our net.

But thats not the main problem, the issue with Bonucci is that even when good on passing the ball long distances... his defensive traits are just not there. His core defensive abilities lack.

He is not skilled when tackling, he has a weird sense of positioning, even his body language is clumsy. He lacks technique (i need to mention is favourite backtackle that makes him earna yellow card every time he does it?). And last but not least, his utter lack of concentration when it matter the most. The goal we conceded at home against gala is a testimony of that.

if u take in consideration we paid almost 15 mils for a player like him, who cant defend properly unless he is around reliable defenders... and is a glorified passer... then yes i consider him being too expensive for what he offers to the team.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

life in jail

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yup, as a whole. Since he came here.
He never has inspired confidence.

The first years eh came here , he was a disaster , but hey! the whole team was, and the midfield was so bad that the def was pressed to no end.
Then under Conte, he started where he left, being shaky and underperforming. By the end of the sfirst season he started to stop doing his blunders and people commented on how he improved and so on... but then he returned to his former self of blunders and deflected balls into our net.

But thats not the main problem, the issue with Bonucci is that even when good on passing the ball long distances... his defensive traits are just not there. His core defensive abilities lack.

He is not skilled when tackling, he has a weird sense of positioning, even his body language is clumsy. He lacks technique (i need to mention is favourite backtackle that makes him earna yellow card every time he does it?). And last but not least, his utter lack of concentration when it matter the most. The goal we conceded at home against gala is a testimony of that.

if u take in consideration we paid almost 15 mils for a player like him, who cant defend properly unless he is around reliable defenders... and is a glorified passer... then yes i consider him being too expensive for what he offers to the team.
I think that essentially you're never going to like him because of his style, how he looks on the pitch seems to be important to you, and because he has the odd mistake in him. And it is the odd mistake these days. But as I said before, he plays the second most high risk position, and will feel it more when the team loses shape. When the team struggles defensively he will struggle, so then people shift focus to him. That's unlucky but part of the job description.

As for him being a flop over his Juve career, the stats, performances, ratings and trophies are there from the past two seasons. It's easy to have goldfish memory and exaggerate, seems to be all the rage at the moment.

I think people actually don't understand what his role in the team is, as if he should be a Barzagli or Vidic type of central defender. He isn't, and that's not what we require in the position. He's a ball playing central defender who is pretty good at defending, a bit ungainly in terms of physique, and sometimes makes risky decisions.

Obviously this is leading to the conclusion that we should bench him and play Ogbonna, but those who think Ogbonna doesn't also have a mistake in him (basing this on what I've seen over his career) I suspect will be in for a surprise. Sure, he will knock the ball around beautifully, he's far better on the eye than Bonucci, and athletically superior. But you only see risk in key games when under pressure, and so far Ogbonna is only playing low risk games where he slowly builds from the back, just as Bonucci often does.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think that essentially you're never going to like him because of his style, how he looks on the pitch seems to be important to you, and because he has the odd mistake in him. And it is the odd mistake these days. But as I said before, he plays the second most high risk position, and will feel it more when the team loses shape.

As for him being a flop over his Juve career, the stats, performances, ratings and trophies are there from the past two seasons. It's easy to have goldfish memory and exaggerate, seems to be all the rage at the moment.

I think people actually don't understand what his role in the team is, as if he should be a Barzagli or Vidic type of central defender. He isn't, and that's not what we require in the position. He's a ball playing central defender who is pretty good at defending, a bit ungainly in terms of physique, and sometimes makes risky decisions.

Obviously this is leading to the conclusion that we should bench him and play Ogbonna, but those who think Ogbonna doesn't also have a mistake in him (basing this on what I've seen over his career) I suspect will be in for a surprise. Sure, he will knock the ball around beautifully, he's far better on the eye than Bonucci, and athletically superior. But you only see risk in key games when under pressure, and so far Ogbonna is only playing low risk games where he slowly builds from the back, just as Bonucci often does.
how he looks on the pitch
I really dont care about his looks

the stats, performances, ratings and trophies
Misleading. He got carried .

exaggerate, seems to be all the rage at the moment.
And for a reason. The CL was that important. And no , if we mention the word "blunder" and "Bonucci" everytime we have discussed something about him, then something must be off. And im not exaggerating.
He's a ball playing central defender who is pretty good at defending
pretty good?
sometimes makes risky decisions.
AKA as blunders.
we should bench him and play Ogbonna
IDC if his replacement is Ogbonna or not, but with a Barzagli clone i will be happy.

Summary: Lets agree to disagree.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
JuveJay, but you will have to agree that he is a average if not bellow average as a defender. I don't want to sound like cronios here, but the guy can't tackle, how can a serious defender not be able to tackle? Yes he is good with the ball and really improved his long range passing, but as a defender he really is nothing special, far from it.

I will probably never like the guy, not because I want him to do bad, but that I really can't see him becoming a decent defender anytime in his career, and with him playing in the back 3 that's even less likely. Cos like you said, it exposes his defensive weakness.

So we have two choices stick with him in the 3 and hope for the best or move away from the 3 and pick two solid defenders, because with 2 defenders in the middle his services are not needed here, we could find loads of better defenders. My pick is obvious and I'm hoping we will do that too.

He would be a decent defender for a lower team, but for Juve he will never be good enough as a defender.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'm probably his biggest fan here, but yes, at the moment he'd be a liability in a 4 man defense, even though his defending is not as bad as somemake it sound like here.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I'm probably his biggest fan here, but yes, at the moment he'd be a liability in a 4 man defense, even though his defending is not as bad as somemake it sound like here.
With the current form even Chiellini would be a liability, but moving away from the 3 man defence and towards other formation that would let us be more dangerous in europe would be better for the team. We don't have competition in Seria A anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 467)