• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Dunno, I don't watch him regularly.

As irritatating as it is when it happens - and you pray it doesn't happen at too bad a time - I'm fairly willing to accept that that sort of freak mistake happens now and then.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
We'll never be a force to be reckoned with in Europe with players like Chiellini and Bonucci in defence. They can cut it in Serie A, but they simply doesn't have the quality needed to compete for top honours in the CL.

To slow, not good enough on the ball, and very prone to make fatal mistakes, which gets punished instantly against the top clubs in Europe.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I wouldn't put Chiellini there. He's going through some rough period, but the guy is an old school and does the job when called upon.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
I wouldn't put Chiellini there. He's going through some rough period, but the guy is an old school and does the job when called upon.
And that's the exact problem with Chiellini. He's an old school kind of defender. The game today is all about technique and speed at the highest level, and that's simply put Chiellini's biggest weaknesses.

Like I said before, he can cut it in Italy, where speed and the quality of the opponents more often than not is far off that you'll encounter in CL.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
And that's the exact problem with Chiellini. He's an old school kind of defender. The game today is all about technique and speed at the highest level, and that's simply put Chiellini's biggest weaknesses.

Like I said before, he can cut it in Italy, where speed and the quality of the opponents more often than not is far off that you'll encounter in CL.
Regardless of football evolution lately, you'll hardly find defender with good technique and an excellent defensive capabilities. It's more of a occurrence, not a standard.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
So you think he has exactly the same defensive capabilities now as when he joined Juve?

You can argue whether his improvement has been from $#@! to average or from average to good, but to claim he's always been of one level is ridiculous.
He improved but he is still a very average defender, said this the other day (way before yesterday's game) the man really struggles in a 1 vs 1 situations against even average attackers (let alone quality once).

People tend to defend Juve players no matter what facts are thrown at them (remember how guys around this forum were defending Melo even though he was clearly a nut case) or Secco for that matter.
I personally see the same thing with bonucci, they will always find excuses for his below average performance against top teams.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

but who was defense of italy in euro 2012?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
International football is very different from CL.

You can notice that the tempo is slower in International games which suits Italy but in CL,the tempo,the pressing is on a whole another level.

Without a doubt CL has a more quality than international football.World Cup just has the prestige over the CL but thats about it.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
International football is very different from CL.

You can notice that the tempo is slower in International games which suits Italy but in CL,the tempo,the pressing is on a whole another level.

Without a doubt CL has a more quality than international football.World Cup just has the prestige over the CL but thats about it.
This:tup:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
No one's doubting Chiellini,not me atleast but people need to seriously stop equating NT performances to club performances.They are two separate entities in my view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 186)